• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Politics, religion and other volatile topics

Should the forum allow Politics and religion etc to be discussed in posts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My opinion remains the same. Having a picture of a boat with a certain flag on it is completely different than discussing politics. Personally, I think asking people to not post pictures with certain types of flags flying is the slippery slope.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A flag with a Swastika on it is also a political flag but it should be offensive to everybody. Once you open the door you can't close it. You can't say "I can display my flag but you can't display yours".

This is the best run forum I've seen. Unlike the other jetboat site nobody here asks for donations, asks you to buy from the company store, removes posts they may not like or bans people for no reason. If you like politics you can join yamahajetboaters.com and enjoy. Then come back here when you need an educated answer to your boat problems.
By the way...If you mention our forum's website on the other site, you will be banned.
Thanks, but I don't need an invitation to leave.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks, but I don't need an invitation to leave.
You misunderstood my comment. That wasn't an invitation to leave. Mearly a suggestion to satisfy your political interests there and come back here for your boating needs. I'm a member of both sites. I just choose not to visit the other site anymore as the boating experrience is here.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My opinion remains the same. Having a picture of a boat with a certain flag on it is completely different than discussing politics. Personally, I think asking people to not post pictures with certain types of flags flying is the slippery slope.
Discussing politics and having a Trump flag visible in your photos are two very different things in my opinion!
A Trump flag with a slogan front and center with the backdrop of Statue of Liberty strikes me as a political statement.

I’ve been careful to always crop the confederate flag out of my pics, but I did find it in some, darned.

And now, I’ve been called on my bullshit!!!
Guilty as charged!!! lolol:
(One of the admins reminded me of what a hypocrite I am!!! )
73682B21-FF12-4B28-9CD4-FF5EAFE7F022.jpeg

Edit: ROTFL. This is perfect.

My apologies to anyone I offended. Dammm.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Once again, the key is "polite company." Religion and politics shouldn't be discussed in polite company. My Mom and Dad taught me that and my grandparents taught them that. I'm betting a lot of your parents taught you that as well.

I believe that this group - and its close-nit nature - is a result of everyone keeping in mind we are in polite company.

The problem is escalation. I post a flag of my guy and then you gotta post a flag of your guy. Next thing you know, we're taking little jabbing snipes at each other. Pretty soon it turns into a full blown flame war. Two weeks later, one of us is in trouble out on the water and instead of helping (as you would have just 15 days ago), you pretend not to see. "I'm not helping that a--hole." And you're probably justified based on what was said to you.

So no, one flag isn't a problem. Heck, one post isn't a problem. It's the response and snowball that ensues that is the problem. I'd love to think everyone is grown up enough to handle it, but human beings have proved time and time again that they are not.

Our Admins are simply trying to nip something in the bud by de-escalating the situation before it starts. They have the obligation to do that. They are being VERY transparent about it.

They have real things to do in the real world and we shouldn't force them to sit an listen to us argue about what percent of our photo had the flag of "our guy" in it. Make no mistake, that discussion is at the end of this tunnel. (Heck, it's probably only halfway down this tunnel.)

'Comon gang. It's such a dang hot-button thing. Let's not pretend we don't know. People "out there" are acting like complete fools. Let's leave it at the door.

Admins: As always, thanks for all you do.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are politics everywhere you look these days. It is refreshing to come here and not see/hear any of it. Come on...From the get go we all know that political messages are not to be posted here. I like how apolitical we agree to be while sharing information and helping others enjoy their boating experiences. Says the guy flying the Jetboaters.net colors from a Sailboat.

20190714_141618.jpg

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You have Mega Fangs and I thought it said MAGA fangs and that hurt me. I need a safe space. A space without flags and politics and religious discussion. Good thing I can still come to Jetboaters.net
Beside that I figured out the collage loan problem. If you borrow money pay it back. No more problem. (That’s economics not politics)

584EF414-A5A4-49C4-AE69-A127EC55B1D2.jpeg

nydave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow I am assuming this was all about my post of the Statue of Liberty. Genuinely wasn’t trying to make a political statement. The subject was show us what you did on your jetboat and i wanted to share. Only had boat for a month so was excited to have a cool pic to share. Was the only pic i had with lady liberty in background. Water was VERY rough with all the traffic so we did a quick loop and got out of there. Ill be sure not to post any more pics. I will also change my emoji that has an American flag once I figure out how. Don’t want to offend.

in case anyone needs it....

Playdough ingredients:
  1. 2 cups all-purpose flour.
  2. 3/4 cup salt.
  3. 4 teaspoons cream of tartar.
  4. 2 cups lukewarm water.
  5. 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil (coconut oil works too)
  6. Food coloring, optional.
  7. Quart sized bags.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Playdough ingredients:
  2. 3/4 cup salt.
  7. Quart sized bags.
Now you have offended me. I have been buying play doh for years !!!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will also change my emoji that has an American flag once I figure out how. Don’t want to offend.
I would never want to be a member of a forum where I would be afraid to offend by posting a picture of my American flag.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow I am assuming this was all about my post of the Statue of Liberty... I will also change my emoji that has an American flag once I figure out how. Don’t want to offend.

Love the American flag!
We fly "Old Glory" whenever we are out on the boat. It is not the American Flag, It is all the B.S. that divides us as a Nation that they are trying to keep out of here. Divide and conquer. Just sayin.

20190629_160647.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow I am assuming this was all about my post of the Statue of Liberty. Genuinely wasn’t trying to make a political statement. The subject was show us what you did on your jetboat and i wanted to share. Only had boat for a month so was excited to have a cool pic to share. Was the only pic i had with lady liberty in background. Water was VERY rough with all the traffic so we did a quick loop and got out of there. Ill be sure not to post any more pics. I will also change my emoji that has an American flag once I figure out how. Don’t want to offend.

Playdough ingredients:
  2. 3/4 cup salt.
  7. Quart sized bags.
For the record, I thought the aesthetics of your picture and the way Lady Liberty was framed under the flag was cool. The subject matter of the flag itself is what it is, and the rules are what they are... sorry if that discourages you. Looking past the "prominent" subject matter, genuinely a cool photo. It would be a cool experience to circle Liberty Island in one's own boat. Congrats on the boat.

I can confidently say that I don't feel like anyone here, admin or otherwise, has the desire to publicly shame you or anyone. Hopefully you'll keep your desire to participate and share.

P.S. My kids are going to love the play dough.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Playdough ingredients:
  2. 3/4 cup salt.
  7. Quart sized bags.
Actually, didnt see your post....goes to show how many posts we have on a daily basis that I dont have time to read.

I tried to make my request as gentle as possible so as to not offend and feel like the forum police....trust me....that is not what I want to be,and not the environment we are seeking. (Reread my post and please suggest a way I could make it more inclusive...I was trying not to hurt anyone's feelings)

Thanks for all the reminders of how sucky the old forum got with the politics battles...we strive for a forum we can all enjoy, and I think for the most part we've achieved a decent balance (we arent perfect).

Back to boating threads!!!

How about we all go click on the "unanswered threads" link and help some people out!

Unanswered threads

Last edited:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Kind of a slow day at the office until I saw this pic and had hot coffee coming out my nostrils... too funny!!!
Ouch...I prescribe at least one day on your boat, for each nostril to heal.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As the election gets closer we expect that with 22K members, some may not know about this policy and will post things that violate the policy. As a reminder of our policy please do not:
  1. Post partisan political threads
  2. Partisan flags (even in photos or videos- like your boat with a flag)
  3. Personal attacks
Violation of this will be handled using our Warning process.

If you see a partisan post, please click the REPORT link at the bottom of the post. This is a private way of notifying the administrators/moderators of the post (we can't keep up with all the traffiic all the time). This helps us keep up.... so thanks in advance.

Back to pondering buying a JL Amp for my boat (and how to sell it to my wife! LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.