• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Pondering a chip ban ...

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nick's weekly rant.

Every time chips are brought on to my boat, the people eating them can't seem to keep from spraying crumbs everywhere with every freakin' bite. When detailing the interior, I'll easily spend about an hour vacuuming up pieces of chips, or those lovely water soaked chip pieces (wheat products are the worse) that have grown to half their size after hitting water and have stuck to various parts of the deck cracks and crevices.

I'm pretty anal about keeping the boat clean, but not to the point where I think I'm being a "fun hater" ... but this really annoys me. Anyone else have this problem? Perhaps I could compromise and label them as a "swim deck only" snack ...

Haha. Totally hear you there. Chips - Ahoy are a pain as well. I've just accepted that chips are a staple of ours for lunch... invested in a mini vac to keep on the boat for after lunch.

I've been thinking of getting a mini vac myself to deal with the crumbs. I'm totally with you on the ban...but being realistic, it will never happen because chips are a staple snack on the boat.

I've been successful in my ban of anything that crumbles. I find that we eat a lot healthier on the boat now.

"Swim deck only" that's how we do it. If they drop crumbs , they wash away and give the fish a snack.

I can't imagine telling people that are guest on my boat sorry you can't eat those chips you brought.
What is next ..... Coke no Pepsi ?? It's all about having fun...so what if it takes time little longer to clean up. Besides. ..who wants to hangout with a bunch of skinny carrot eating healthy people. ...lol

Pringles are the worst!!! They turn into mashed potatoes when wet.

I don't like cleaning up either but I like chips, while I'm driving, at anchor, whenever, so they will always be welcome aboard my boat.

Hell what's a beer without chips....and goldfish of course!

I had to ban Oreo cookies. They were the worst. Wife was giving to the grand kids, but man did they make a mess!

I feel your pain, but banning chips wouldn't be an option on our boat. I wipe everything down after each outing regardless, so when the kids have been out with us there is just a larger pile that ends up on the floor to be vacuumed or picked up. It is amazing though how messy some people can be. We tend to bring other family members or friends with us and I have also noticed that when certain people are on the boat, the mess is always a little more significant. Like anything else, the people that don't have to do the cleaning could care less.

NO CHIPS??? That's un American.;) I have a friend who only gets about 50 percent of the food in his mouth. The other 50 percent lands at his feet on my boat. It's really annoying but I have to keep reminding myself that it's all about having fun with family and friends. Otherwise I'd get a two passenger boat.

Clean up after yourself rule has worked well for me these past 7 seasons. Nearly nothing to clean up in that time. Very good ship mates. Respect the boat!

I hate to disagree, the worst is Cheetos. I am a recovering clean freak (as to my boat), I have a two year old so I don't have to worry about a clean boat anymore, I have given up.

Chips are ok but NO CHEETOS! Yuck what a mess.

"Swim deck only" that's how we do it. If they drop crumbs , they wash away and give the fish a snack.
x2...for the kids at least.

So far the adults have been pretty respectful and have cleaned up after themselves.

With the kids I have to keep reminding myself that I bought the boat for everyone to have fun and to not be a dictator. So I have not banned anything yet. I just ask for certain things to be done on the swim deck. But I have not seen any Cheetos on board yet!

Yeah....any of the orange ones are possible seat stainers. If I see orange ones I ask them to eat those on the swim deck. Otherwise....clean up after yourself (which of course means---I clean up at the end of the day!)

You definately don't want food left on the boat! I've had ants discover a bag of chips left on the boat once....they decided it was a great place to begin a nest....shop vac and RAID took care of that easily...but was a PITA none-the-less. Others have had mice get aboard when they parked inside in a barn.....also not good....

Nothing Orange/Red on my boat, that powder stains... That goes for Doritos, Cheetos etc... I would love to ban red wine... buy my dam wife loves that sangria !

Ha ha, you guys kill me. I tried to get a handle on that crap a while back. Couldn't do it. The minute I wasn't looking one of those sneaky little gremlins would have something gooey or melty all over the seats - I think it comes out of their pores! :mad:

It was no more than five minutes after launching that I look in the bow and there are grubby black finger prints everywhere! You ask how they did that, how they got black stuff on their hands and they stare at you like a cat! Like I'm speaking Portuguese or something.

I do try and keep anything red or orange relegated to the swim platform. Unless I'm eating it of course, but then it would probably be an apple or an orange....

Although I did 86 a cooler last weekend. One of the older kids shows up wheeling this monster cooler - telescoping handle, wheels, hard sides....I just said nuh uh, that's not going on board.
I thought she was gonna cry....

...Then I handed her my new soft sided cooler and told her to transfer the contents. That turned her frown upside down because for a minute there she though she couldn't bring her beloved PBR's.

But I got the point across, told her next time she might not be so lucky.....I might not have an empty one for her to use.:winkingthumbsup"

Back