• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post up your sub moves pics and videos!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
X2.
Nope - that IS NOT going to happen. Uh-Uh!
Not even a slightest consideration!
I don't have the audio system to worry about but don't like how it torques the boat so I was in the "not ever gonna do it camp" . But then I made the mistake of doing the spray technique that Julian mentions, it's kind of a poor man's sub move or half sub move. My kids beg me to do it every chance they get. My boat turns hard to the right when I do it. Some linkage will probably break on me one of these days and the fun will be done.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HAHA Put a few K into electronics and let me know how that Sub move made out for ya lol
Ummm you obviously haven't seen my boat... Fusion IP700 head unit with full color screen, THREE Pioneer Champagne Series amplifiers totaling 2400 watts RMS, EIGHT Polk Momo speakers, TWO 12" Kenwood subwoofers, FIVE batteries, and new for 2014 LOTS of RGB LEDS. Yeah I got a few K into electronics :D

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If your boat can't handle a little spray....you're gonna have other issues.....but I can see how spraying salt water may be less fun anyway....

My sound system is probably only 1K or so (I don't want to add it up! LOL). But I'm not submarining either....just a big spray to cool everyone off. I've been doing it for 11 years with no linkage issues. Not to say it can't do damage, just that from my perspective the gates are well designed to take the flow from the nozzle output and direct it left/right or down/reverse.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So
If your boat can't handle a little spray....you're gonna have other issues.....but I can see how spraying salt water may be less fun anyway....

My sound system is probably only 1K or so (I don't want to add it up! LOL). But I'm not submarining either....just a big spray to cool everyone off. I've been doing it for 11 years with no linkage issues. Not to say it can't do damage, just that from my perspective the gates are well designed to take the flow from the nozzle output and direct it left/right or down/reverse.
So how does the spray move work?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So how does the spray move work?
The way I do a spray is start the sub move, as the bow dives and the spray comes up I move the throttles from reverse to neutral/forward which causes the bow to rise and the spray to stop. To do a full sub move you keep the thottles in reverse until the bow is underwater. It takes practice to get a good spray, the first few I did were pretty weak. It is fun to do for kids or for people that have never been on a jet boat they are amazed at what these boats will do.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
HAHA Put a few K into electronics and let me know how that Sub move made out for ya lol
I thought that's why the top of the line brand was named "wet sounds"...:devilhorns:

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you go to reverse to drop the bow, can you then go full throttle again and plow thru (under) the water?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ummm you obviously haven't seen my boat... Fusion IP700 head unit with full color screen, THREE Pioneer Champagne Series amplifiers totaling 2400 watts RMS, EIGHT Polk Momo speakers, TWO 12" Kenwood subwoofers, FIVE batteries, and new for 2014 LOTS of RGB LEDS. Yeah I got a few K into electronics :D
Man, that's not a jet boat...It's a floating boom box. :winkingthumbsup"

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Julian @andy07sx230ho I tried the splash technique last night while my wife/son were in the front.......it was a damn close sub move.......what I said I would never do....is definitely coming !!! what a hoot !! need my gopro and a few unsuspecting guests now !

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its addictive.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
works just fine ;)

I also have marine grade speakers and all amps are in dry locations....started doing moderate sprays and gradually got deeper and deeper....checked compartments after every one and haven't had a single issue.....biggest one had the water a couple of inches over the back seat when I started moving again :)

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian @andy07sx230ho I tried the splash technique last night while my wife/son were in the front.......it was a damn close sub move.......what I said I would never do....is definitely coming !!! what a hoot !! need my gopro and a few unsuspecting guests now !

it's the best when they don't know whats coming....had a few girls up front that had never done it....I'd pay almost anything to have had that one on video :winkingthumbsup"