• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pray for Rain...

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
...to stop. This is getting ridiculous. Just had a Hurricane like 80 mph wind, hail, horizontal rain, system slow roll its way across Wichita Falls. We have had a severe thunderstorm every afternoon for as long as I can remember. Suddenly, drought is looking quite tolerable.

I am afraid our summer time boating plans are all but ruined for a few months... take a look at this recent video of Highport marina at Lake Texoma. The Island is now up to the roof line. Docks have broken free at several marinas. N Dock at Highport has floated to the center. These docks have insanely tall poles on them to account for flooding and they are almost invisible now...

Edit - I have aMP4 video. Tech gurus I need your help to post it...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...to stop. This is getting ridiculous. Just had a Hurricane like 80 mph wind, hail, horizontal rain, system slow roll its way across Wichita Falls. We have had a severe thunderstorm every afternoon for as long as I can remember. Suddenly, drought is looking quite tolerable.

I am afraid our summer time boating plans are all but ruined for a few months... take a look at this recent video of Highport marina at Lake Texoma. The Island is now up to the roof line. Docks have broken free at several marinas. N Dock at Highport has floated to the center. These docks have insanely tall poles on them to account for flooding and they are almost invisible now...

Edit - I have aMP4 video. Tech gurus I need your help to post it...
Yep I'm watching that line roll our way right now. Supposed to hit the metroplex around midnight. This shit is getting old.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess the plus side is my grass has never been greener and my water bill is the lowest it has ever been, along with very low electric bills!!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I feel for you guys. I went through years of hurricanes and tropical storms. It seems like it will never end and becomes a depressing situation.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We can relate, it's rained for the past three days and this is the forecast..image.jpg

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I've seen some absolutely horrible videos of the flooding out there. I feel for you all out that way. Or should I have said y'all.

Hope it gets better soon.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It is on top of us right now @jawsf16 , I saw wind peaks when it came through hear too, but being in a wooded area, it really protects us...except for tree damage that we have suffered twice this spring. The good news is that the 30 day forecast says the pattern changes the first week of June...I hope they are right.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

leatherneck33

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The nerd in me had to figure this out. They are currently releasing water at a rate of 3,808 cfs at Lake Lavon. I have no clue how much faster they can release the water, but I am assuming that is all they can release without causing issues down stream. 3,808 cfs converts to roughly 2.5 billion gallons of water a day (this assumes they can release 24 hours a day). According to the below website, the flood pool is approximately 90 billion gallons of water. Given the above data and assumptions, it would take 36 days to get the lake back to full pool. This doesn't take into account the rain we are about to get hit with., sigh...

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lavon/Information/

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like ya'll need to hitch up and head to Florida for a months vacation.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I grew up in DFW and Texoma was my home lake, I honestly can't believe that (Loes) Highport looks like that!!!

Attachments

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm with you guys. As I sit here and type this, we have another sever thunderstorm going overhead. Another flash flood warning is in effect. I think we just got another 2-3 inches of rain. The local lake is closed since al the ramps are under water. What a difference a week makes. Most were closed due to LOW water.

Here are some stats and rain total comparisons for May; Boerne might be in the lead!
11011736_10153329852487445_7061939885058800556_n.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I feel for you all but I don't think I can really relate. Here in ca we are in a drought and have been for 3 or 4 years now. If there is any chance of rain most of the people I know welcome it, even me on what could be a perfect boating weekend. We need water.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That video is insane!
Great use of a flying camera/ drone, probably a quad or multi copter. He even overplayed the narration, nice.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I feel for you all but I don't think I can really relate. Here in ca we are in a drought and have been for 3 or 4 years now. If there is any chance of rain most of the people I know welcome it, even me on what could be a perfect boating weekend. We need water.
We were in the same position as you until three weeks ago. Four years of drought restrictions, 19% lake levels and impending doom. Like mentioned earlier, what a difference a week makes...

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lake lewisville is 10" away from an all time high water mark! It will literally be touching the bottom of the I-35 bridge by the end of the day is my guess. The railroad bridge is already hitting the water.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think we are almost out of this! I just looked at the 10 day forecast and starting Sunday it looks very good. Lots of 0-10% chance of rain days!!!!!