• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pricing thinking of selling my boat

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have a red and white 2017 AR240 under warranty till 4/2021 it has about 75 hours on it but overall in great condition. Upgraded sound system and lots of other mods but I know those don't really add value to the boat. I'm thinking of selling it and upgrading to a larger boat as some of my plans for the next few years require more fuel capacity then my current boat holds. What is the market on these used right now what is a fair selling price? I was thinking $45K but just wasn't sure.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds about right, although I have not been watching the prices, also what new or leftovers, if there are any, are pulling.

So... let me guess, you are upgrading to a single diesel engine trawler to finish that Great American Loop trip? Am I right?
:cool:

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds about right, although I have not been watching the prices, also what new or leftovers, if there are any, are pulling.

So... let me guess, you are upgrading to a single diesel engine trawler to finish that Great American Loop trip? Am I right?
:cool:

--
Lol no prob a trip 400 center console. Will still finish the loop with it but in half the time as that Diesel trawler. Life is to short for the slow boats!

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just looked at a 2015 with 150 Hrs” Mainly salt water” guy was asking 42k- But I was weary with that many salt water hours..” I had reservations on how often it was flushed” plus I couldn’t scrape up enough money. They average 42k to 48k. If it’s clean I am sure you could get 48k all day. New is 58k plus tax and license.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just looked your boat up on NADA. With no options checked for boat, engine or trailer, this it what it shows.

20190707_065102.jpg

This is just a guide, but really the only resource for the people to look up values, unless you know a surveyor. So they would expect something in this ballpark.

Life is to short for the slow boats!
I used to think like that, IDK maybe I am getting old but sometimes it is good to slow down, you see more. Lots of folks have finished the Great Loop on slow boats.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So you have been to exuma, abacos, bimini where is the next one taking you... virgin islands? 45k should sell relatively quick

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
As we all know, you only live once. Scratch that itch; why not? I just did. It'll be here next week. Can't wait to share pics.

Good luck!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Dean P got himself a 65scout with 5 400s on the back after his bamahas trip:)

My wife did tell me we can do all we want once we get at least a 28ft CC to help manage waves better.. to bad I'm not near the ocean or would have already been done.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Dean P got himself a 65scout with 5 400s on the back after his bamahas trip:)

My wife did tell me we can do all we want once we get at least a 28ft CC to help manage waves better.. to bad I'm not near the ocean or would have already been done.
How did you know! LOL

Actually, had to cancel my trip. Friends of ours had to cancel and couldn't do the trip alone. Sucks!!!

But, got somethings else instead...stay tuned

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just looked your boat up on NADA. With no options checked for boat, engine or trailer, this it what it shows.

View attachment 99105

This is just a guide, but really the only resource for the people to look up values, unless you know a surveyor. So they would expect something in this ballpark.

I used to think like that, IDK maybe I am getting old but sometimes it is good to slow down, you see more. Lots of folks have finished the Great Loop on slow boats.
Not checked lately, but the NADA values for our boats should not include an added trailer. IE.the trailer is built into the base price, except for 2k for galvanized trailers. So his would be 46500 estimated.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
45K should be a quick sale. I wouldn't list it for less than 48-50.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Now is probably the best time to sell; at the beginning of the season. I'm sure there are people looking.

I traded mine in. Didn't have the time nor patience. I recently check the dealer's website, it's still up there for sale. Asking too much.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik So how large and much extra fuel could we drop into ski locker...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Love the concept. How many 1 gallon milk jugs could you fit in there? You can multiply by 2 for the height. My guess 25 (the smallest they sell).

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shoot my ski locker is like 8ft long. I could easy fit 25 gallons... my 800lb ballast bag fits there no problem that's at least 95gallons

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol no prob a trip 400 center console. Will still finish the loop with it but in half the time as that Diesel trawler. Life is to short for the slow boats!
Sounds like a better boat for your kind of boating. Best of luck with the sale of the current one and purchase of the new one. Hope to get a seat belts recommended ride on it some day. If the new one needs an audio repower to make it as loud as it is fast drop me a line as I know a guy.

$47 - $48k asking is where I would personally start assuming not urgent to sell but do want it to sell this season.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
45 gal extra, most I ever carried. Seven 5gal jugs in the ski locker and two in wet compartments in the stern. Doubles the range.

@robert843 Any idea when would they bring on a new 240/242 hull? Me thinking probably not next year, but who knows, and if they do your boat would automatically depreciate. Your hours are also super low now! (I'm pushing 300hrs in third season with mine by comparison)

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have not gone down to details because my wife is not sure if she wants to go to exhumas in a bow rider, but assume safely 50 gallons and maybe 100 pushing it. If were to take that route it will be with proper plumbing so it dumps directly into the fuel talk, so I can refuel on the fly. I believe it will be $1,000 to $1,500 project.