• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Problems with battery drain on my 242X

@Julian - Thats great news!
If you plan to run the stock stereo, I made a couple of adjustments that made a giant difference. First, I faced the Soundbar towards the front facing down towards the helm. Second and biggest impact, I connected the Sub Remote Gain Control(comes with the paperwork to the amp) and ran it around the engine bay to the small holder tray behind the throttles. I think there is enough wire to get it to the dash but I really like that spot and it made a HUGE difference in sound having the ability to change the Bass on the fly. The spot where the Sub is located should've been better thought out as alot of vibration is sent through the head and storage compartment. I removed all loose items there and that also helped alot.
In the future, I'd probably add another Sub to the rear area, where the cooler goes and a fade control knob for the tower and rear speakers(instead of using the fader on the Connext) but for now I'm happy with the sound. I hope it helps...

Mike

@Julian - Thats great news!
If you plan to run the stock stereo, I made a couple of adjustments that made a giant difference. First, I faced the Soundbar towards the front facing down towards the helm. Second and biggest impact, I connected the Sub Remote Gain Control(comes with the paperwork to the amp) and ran it around the engine bay to the small holder tray behind the throttles. I think there is enough wire to get it to the dash but I really like that spot and it made a HUGE difference in sound having the ability to change the Bass on the fly. The spot where the Sub is located should've been better thought out as alot of vibration is sent through the head and storage compartment. I removed all loose items there and that also helped alot.
In the future, I'd probably add another Sub to the rear area, where the cooler goes and a fade control knob for the tower and rear speakers(instead of using the fader on the Connext) but for now I'm happy with the sound. I hope it helps...

Mike

Funny you pointed out the sub volume control! I mounted mine above the sub yesterday as it was driving too hard at the higher volumes. I considered running it all the way to the helm, but was short on time....easy enough to do on another day. Just turning it down a notch helped a ton!

I was also eye balling the wet sounds bar....I tried pulling some wire out of the tower, but it didn't give at all, and I'd need a little leeway in order to rotate the sound bar. Did you have to fiddle with the wires to rotate it?

Here is where I just posted on my sub level control:
20160626_160713-jpg.40315

I had enough to just rotate the soundbar. I unplugged it and reconnected when I had it in place.

@Julian - Does your stereo work with just your house battery on? I have to have both House and Start switched to on if I was to listen to the stereo while the boat is off.

@Julian - Does your stereo work with just your house battery on? I have to have both House and Start switched to on if I was to listen to the stereo while the boat is off.
I'm pretty sure it does....by pressing the sys/info button to power on Connext (which I learned here....not sure that is in the manual either)....but not certain I tried this specifically

Ahh, ok I'll try and report back! Thanks

After turning the motors off I turn off the starter battery leaving the house battery on and press and hold the light button on the multi-function display until it turns the stereo back on.

@Julian
Here's where I mounted the Sub Control and the Soundbar turned...image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg

@Kane yours has way more wire available than mine does! They didn't even mount the speaker bar at the top of the mounting brackets because the wire didn't give them enough length to reach that high! I fear that I won't be able to rotate mine without lengthening the wires by 2 inches! I will see soon when I get to that project (should have been an easy mod!)

@Emilio22 , @Julian -- I was able to have house batt on only, keys out of the ignition and press and hold the light button and the Connext fired up! I love this place!

Back