• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

PTM Mirror upgrade 50% off

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Those that have the floppy PTM Edge mirror that came with our boats PTM is offering an upgrade for 50% off. I reached out to them about my floppy mirror that's useless and they offered to fix it for free, OR they have an upgrade program going on right now for 50% off the new bracket.

I don't know PTM, but I am currently looking hard at improving our boating safety by adding a great mirror.

PTM may very well may be a very fine company, especially if they offered to fix your mirror for free, so I certainly don't wish to disparage them in any way. However, I'm always hesitant to invest serious money in high end products from a company that has products out there with widespread known design defects.

Do you think this upgrade program is an effort for a good company to amend a bad product line?

I don't know PTM, but I am currently looking hard at improving our boating safety by adding a great mirror.

PTM may very well may be a very fine company, especially if they offered to fix your mirror for free, so I certainly don't wish to disparage them in any way. However, I'm always hesitant to invest serious money in high end products from a company that has products out there with widespread known design defects.

Do you think this upgrade program is an effort for a good company to amend a bad product line?
They're an OEM mirror for LOTS of big name expensive wake boats. SO, I'd venture to guess the "issues" were discovered on a small subset of the population. Just so happens that population is huge. They have/did offer to fix everyone's mirror for free. I think it was a design flaw, and the new/upgraded version fixes that flaw.

Received my new mirror bracket and it seems significantly sturdier than the old one. Came with a prepaid label, which I tossed the old bracket in the box and already handed it to my mailman. Might actually be able to use my mirror now.
IMG_20210827_112312803_HDR.jpgIMG_20210827_112331830_HDR.jpgIMG_20210827_112336135.jpgIMG_20210827_112306220.jpg

I also have the floppy PTM mirror bracket, and it looks like a PTM-300 series. It looks like the PTM-320 series bracket would fit better. Is that what they replaced yours with, or is it a redesigned 300?

Thanks for this. I just ordered a replacement with the upgrade code for the defective mirror bracket that came with my 2018 boat. The price still seems absurdly high for what it is though.

I also have the floppy PTM mirror bracket, and it looks like a PTM-300 series. It looks like the PTM-320 series bracket would fit better. Is that what they replaced yours with, or is it a redesigned 300?
All Yamaha's have the 300 bracket according to their website. The images on the 300 have the parts spreadsheet and list all Yamahas with the 300.

A PTM Mirrors guy told me Yamaha includes the 300 brackets (machined for a flat framed windshield) for all of their boats. That may be why the parts spreadsheet shows 300. But my 212x definitely has a tear-drop profile, like PCMW makes. I will try and see if the ZXR-320 fits better.

PTM ZXR-320 on the left and ZXR-300 on the right. IMG_4448.jpg

The ZXR-320 fits the 2021 212x much better (it has a PCMW windshield)
IMG_4450.jpgIMG_4451.jpg

This is still being offered by the way.....

Enter discount code upgrade20!

And they will send you a return label when they ship you the new bracket and will refund you 50%. Just ordered mine today.

Back