• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Putin the Master Baiter

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Gotcha click bait.
So anyone else think Putin is baiting the US into a war. My theory is Putin is looking for New World Order where Russia and China are at the top and well everyone else can suck it. He's killing civilians, bombing schools and hospitals, invading land for no other reason than he wants it , threatening war on other European countries now he controls a nuclear plant and can wreak havoc. He's probaly thinking DAMN what else does lil Puti need to do to use his all toys and drag the US into a 10yr war.All while China sits back and takes notes and puts money in his pockets. God I hope I'm wrong....... God bless [flag]

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If he can draw us in.............. then China can take Taiwan both are playing us

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
After he takes Ukraine, he won't have the funds, equipment, infrastructure, or food to feed his country. The citizens will take care of him. As far as China goes, let them help Russia. That titty will run dry too.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm not so sure I agree that these comments are political. Merely an educated observation of some serious events affecting our world right now. In addition, I also believe we are being played by both Russia and China. They understand that our economy is wrecked, inflation is ramped and our leadership is weak. No better time to take advantage. We should have a "no snowflake" section dedicated to members of this forum.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not so sure I agree that these comments are political. Merely an educated observation of some serious events affecting our world right now. In addition, I also believe we are being played by both Russia and China. They understand that our economy is wrecked, inflation is ramped and our leadership is weak. No better time to take advantage. We should have a "no snowflake" section dedicated to members of this forum.
I think that is all Putin is really doing.....playing. He's a fucking nutjob and is playing a war as if it's toys to him. And our weak political landscape is cowtowing to public opinion vs taking stronger action. If we are going to spend Billions on maintaining a 1.4 million person armed forces the Ukraine situation is where we should be employing them/it. No I don't want to go toe to toe with Putin, but it's time to grow some balls and make him hurt for the these actions. "Advance that column towards Kiev and well launch cruise missiles at any vehicles that cross this line"

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Want to hit Putin and other maniacs where it hurts? Stop relying on them. Start being a true superpower again by opening up oil drilling and production. Start incentivizing US companies with tax credits if they make their products say 90% of true Made in USA materials and goods. Get off the tit of foreign dependency. The more we buy from them the weaker it makes us. Hit them where it hurts most, in the wallet. If they can’t sustain income as a country then they can’t remain in power and they will collapse. Honestly it wouldn’t take much for us to collapse if they (countries we‘re in bed with) decided to turn off the proverbial faucet of goods and services to us. We don’t have a spear to rattle at them because we are so weak and foreign dependent.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Counter point.

Putin is SCARED. Russia is a giant country that's hard to defend. On the west, it's a giant open plain that's impossible to defend, with NATO acting like it's still the cold war. In the east, it's bordered by China, a totalitarian communist dictatorship hell bent on being the world power by any means necessary. In between them lies massive distance making defending both sides impossible.

Now as we know from history, Russia has a long history if being invaded and having to retreat while destroying its infrastructure to slow down invaders. Now it's surrounded on both sides by enemies.

Now his neighbor is trying to slide into the DMs of his longest running enemy. So what do you do? Try to get some buffer, so you don't have an even bigger border with an enemy.

The idea that China and Russia are working together is literally insane. China is just opportunistic like our govt, using Russia as a cover for its own purposes.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Want to hit Putin and other maniacs where it hurts? Stop relying on them. Start being a true superpower again by opening up oil drilling and production. Start incentivizing US companies with tax credits if they make their products say 90% of true Made in USA materials and goods. Get off the tit of foreign dependency. The more we buy from them the weaker it makes us. Hit them where it hurts most, in the wallet. If they can’t sustain income as a country then they can’t remain in power and they will collapse. Honestly it wouldn’t take much for us to collapse if they (countries we‘re in bed with) decided to turn off the proverbial faucet of goods and services to us. We don’t have a spear to rattle at them because we are so weak and foreign dependent.
Depending on your source we use up to 8% of Russian oil.

We export enough oil to cover our own needs!!! Yup....that is nuts.

I agree....we should keep US oil in the US!

We agree on this!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Depending on your source we use up to 8% of Russian oil.

We export enough oil to cover our own needs!!! Yup....that is nuts.

I agree....we should keep US oil in the US!

We agree on this!
Futures markets for oil and other critical commodities are BS.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It already is.
No, you created this thread in General Discussion. I moved it to General Off Topic after the thread was reported.

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No, you created this thread in General Discussion. I moved it to General Off Topic after the thread was reported.
Oh here we go. Thanks for clarifying (again) the "General Off topic and General Boat Discussion".

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh here we go.
Exactly what I thought when I saw your thread. Hopefully all members can keep the discussion focused on Putin’s actions while avoiding divisive partisan politics.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Regarding oil production, keep in mind that oil prices are priced on world-wide supply and demand. Lower demand during Covid drove prices down. As economies started heating up, the demand for oil increase driving up world-wide demand. Given the same demand - if the world's oil producers increase supply, prices go down; if the world's oil producers decrease supply, prices go up. While we can increase supply here in the U.S., prices are set internationally and are really dependent on world-wide supply.

There is a good article from 2018 from the American Petroleum Institute (API) that explains why we both import and export oil. Here's a snippet:

"Crude oil is not a homogenous product. The U.S. continues to import and export crude oil because the viscosity of oil (measured by its API gravity) being light or heavy and its sulfur content being low (sweet) or high (sour) largely determine the processes needed to refine it into fuel and other products. In general, refineries match their processing capabilities with types of crude oils from around the world that enable them to:
  • Make the most high-value motor fuels and other petroleum products in a cost-effective manner; and,
  • Serve niche product markets for chemicals, petrochemical feedstocks, lubricants, waxes and materials for roads and roofs."
Jim

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If covid drove the prices down(which it did somewhat) how do you explain 2015 2016 and 2017 having the lowest prices?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This goes back further than the previous administration. Dec of 2014 the price of gas dropped significantly and then on continued to gradually drop and hit a modern day low in January of 2016. Stayed pretty low for a few months then slowly climbed again.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If covid drove the prices down(which it did somewhat) how do you explain 2015 2016 and 2017 having the lowest prices?
Nothing magical about it. As I explained the price we pay at the pumps relates back to world-wide supply and demand. From eia.gov website:

chart.png

Yes, lower prices in 2015 & 2016. Followed by higher prices in 2017 with the next low point due to lower demand during the early days of Covid. In 2019 as world economies head back up, demand increased leading to higher prices.

I'm not going to go back and analyze the other highs and lows. My post was an attempt to help folks understand the price of gas is based on world pricing of crude oil and that the marketplace (more so than politics) is responsible for what we pay.

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@the MfM, guess you dislike free market economics? What, specifically don't you like about my post above? This is a forum, let's discuss.

Jim