• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Putin the Master Baiter

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I think everyone should buy EVs to drive the price of gas down. Cheaper to run the boat :)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think everyone should buy EVs to drive the price of gas down. Cheaper to run the boat :)
I'm looking at PHEVs....(Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) - would prefer they had something more like 50-70 mile electric range....some get to 40....most are 25-30, which I guess covers many people's daily drives

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm looking at PHEVs....(Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) - would prefer they had something more like 50-70 mile electric range....some get to 40....most are 25-30, which I guess covers many people's daily drives
Not sure if the follow the Telsa tow thread, I periodically update how our new Jeep 4XE does. Only 30ish miles but great for around town.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think the intent is that they'd make it to work and you'd charge at work.

Either way, buying an EV won't change the prices of gas. They can't build enough of them to really make a difference. If we want fuel prices to come down, we need to have a period of massive deflation, as well as open the taps on increased discovery, utilization, transport, and refinement of oil.

Selling a bunch of EVs will just spawn new road use taxes and drive up electricity costs, while creating even more waste material to go into landfills.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@the MfM, guess you dislike free market economics? What, specifically don't you like about my post above? This is a forum, let's discuss.

Jim
Your posts impart a simplistic view of the economics at work here. While failing to take into account how the supply is effected by energy policy and prices by market anticipation.

*it’s not like supply or demand changed 20% in the last week but the last time I filled up my truck it was 3.59 a gallon. Today it’s 4.29 all over town.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Plus who cares if u got a dislike? You should stop calling people out every time you get a thumbs down.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Your posts impart a simplistic view of the economics at work here. While failing to take into account how the supply is effected by energy policy and prices by market anticipation.

*it’s not like supply or demand changed 20% in the last week but the last time I filled up my truck it was 3.59 a gallon. Today it’s 4.29 all over town.
LOL, you can't get a much more simplistic, yet accurate, post than the one you dislike. It is not policy, supposition, or opinion. It is a factual reporting of retail gas prices by from eia.gov. And actually, the prices you pay at the pump today are based on supply and demand, notably the future price of oil.

Here are the Brent crude prices, as posted by Bloomberg today. Brent is the leading global price benchmark for Atlantic basin crude oils.

1646672001474.png

Interestingly, you can find a correlation between this chart and the retail price of gas I showed in post #19.

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Plus who cares if u got a dislike? You should stop calling people out every time you get a thumbs down.
Wow, you seem pretty defensive. Personally, I don't care if you disagree with my post. This is the second time I have asked what you didn't like about a post of mine (the other one being on the Covid thread). This is a public forum, if you disagree with a post of mine, I genuinely would like to know why. I think, perhaps, we both might learn something.

Jim

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I log all of my fill-up’s since 2012. Interesting chart I put together along with timelines of POTUS era. We look like SpaceX launch sequence currently :(
7138663F-E6CF-4163-ABC1-F3996EF23DA5.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow, you seem pretty defensive. Personally, I don't care if you disagree with my post. This is the second time I have asked what you didn't like about a post of mine (the other one being on the Covid thread). This is a public forum, if you disagree with a post of mine, I genuinely would like to know why. I think, perhaps, we both might learn something.

Jim
You run around giving dislikes to people. Do you also send them an explanation why? No, you do not. I think most know why they get a dislike from you. You just brigade like the select few who chose to do that on here unfortunately. Thankfully staff hide the stats and doesn’t affect status so nobody really cares about like and dislike ratio these days.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thankfully staff hide the stats
What are you referring to? Dislikes are meaningless (score nothing) in terms of member Reaction Scores, but nothing is hidden - it is running in the standard out of the box configuration. Could we pay for an addon that displays score differently....probably, but no one has requested that. We respond to requests quite quickly when there are available (free or cheap) addons.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I log all of my fill-up’s since 2012. Interesting chart I put together along with timelines of POTUS era. We look like SpaceX launch sequence currently :(
View attachment 172942
Well I can see where I was the most happiest boat owner, when I closed on my boat around May 9th 2020. Full tank for around $80 :)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What are you referring to? Dislikes are meaningless (score nothing) in terms of member Reaction Scores, but nothing is hidden - it is running in the standard out of the box configuration. Could we pay for an addon that displays score differently....probably, but no one has requested that. We respond to requests quite quickly when there are available (free or cheap) addons.
it used to total on the side bar under our avatar IIRC, or maybe it was publicly shown easier in our profile. I vaguely remember it changed at some point over the years and there was some discussion on it. It’s been so long and can’t remember if it was from a software update or change y’all decided on. Want to say software side but I just can’t remember the details I don’t care either way and wasn’t complaining or anything. Was just saying it’s a meaningless score/system.

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You run around giving dislikes to people. Do you also send them an explanation why? No, you do not. I think most know why they get a dislike form you. You just brigade like the select few who chose to do that on here unfortunately. Thankfully staff hide the stats and doesn’t affect status so nobody really cares about like and dislike ratio these days.
Actually, I have given few dislikes on this forum. When I do, they are usually on politically leaning posts. For any of these times, I would be happy to discuss, in public, if asked. If I make a factual post like post #19 above, and someone dislikes it, I genuinely would like to have a public conversion on why that is.

Jim

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Putin really is the master baiter. He has had a big hand in dividing our country and continues to do so, at a macro and micro level.

edit: typo

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
it used to total on the side bar under our avatar IIRC, or maybe it was publicly shown easier in our profile. I vaguely remember it changed at some point over the years and there was some discussion on it. It’s been so long and can’t remember if it was from a software update or change y’all decided on. Want to say software side but I just can’t remember the details I don’t care either way and wasn’t complaining or anything. Was just saying it’s a meaningless score/system.
Yes....before "Reactions" were a foundational part of Xenforo, we had purchased an addon that did display the counts for each in the sidebar. When we moved to the out of the box solution we lost that option. Perhaps the next version of Xenforo will enhance that? The only problem was the sidebar gets a little long - but it would be nice if one could look up the details SOMEWHERE. I'll take that as something to investigate.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Putin really is the master baiter. He has had a big hand in dividing our country and continues to do so, at a macro in micro level.
That's all people know anymore.. It's all "my way or the highway".