• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
May have to give Kerr a shot on Friday. See what the wife wants to do.
Thinking of doing the same, that or Saturday. Whichever has a less chance of rain/storms. Even downloaded Navionics.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thinking of doing the same, that or Saturday. Whichever has a less chance of rain/storms. Even downloaded Navionics.
I need to update my app and pay for this year. Haven't had the need to, but would like to have depth information for Kerr since I've never been there. With it being slightly flooded it may give a false sense of depth and what's under the water. Don't wanna be one of the ones coming home with a hole in my hull.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wife doesn't want to take the drive to Kerr on Friday. Looks like we'll be up ass early to try and get to new hope ramp at Jordan. Figure getting in will likely be more of an issue than getting out. Hopefully if we get there before 9am we shouldn't have too much traffic, and with 6 lanes it should move pretty quick. At that time we also shouldn't be fighting anyone getting out.

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wife doesn't want to take the drive to Kerr on Friday. Looks like we'll be up ass early to try and get to new hope ramp at Jordan. Figure getting in will likely be more of an issue than getting out. Hopefully if we get there before 9am we shouldn't have too much traffic, and with 6 lanes it should move pretty quick. At that time we also shouldn't be fighting anyone getting out.
We ended up getting a campsite for the weekend at Crosswinds, not so much for camping but more for the ramp. Brother in law us camping beside us and we’ll cook out and have a campfire...but I’m getting old and need my beauty rest, at home in the air conditioning:)

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are definitely doing Jordan on Friday. Think we are avoiding the lake on Saturday and weather depending, might go out Sunday. If a few of us are out there, we should try and meet up. I almost always head east of the Farrington bridge out near the 751 bridge. We can social distance on the water for sure.... but I can guarantee you I won't have a mask on ;)

FYI, 93 on Friday and 95 on Saturday. Gonna be a hot one!

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No help for this weekend, but....

PHASE THREE: ( Reopening tentative date July 17 )
Full reopening of park facilities closed during earlier phases, including: visitor center; Ebenezer boat ramp and day-use area; Seaforth day-use area; New Hope Overlook primitive campsites; Parkers Creek day-use area; Vista Point; and White Oak. All hiking trails, all picnic areas, all picnic shelters, all boat ramps, all beach areas, group campsites, Poplar Point campground loop E, and Parkers Creek campground loops 3 and 4 will be open.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are definitely doing Jordan on Friday. Think we are avoiding the lake on Saturday and weather depending, might go out Sunday. If a few of us are out there, we should try and meet up. I almost always head east of the Farrington bridge out near the 751 bridge. We can social distance on the water for sure.... but I can guarantee you I won't have a mask on ;)

FYI, 93 on Friday and 95 on Saturday. Gonna be a hot one!
I generally head past Farrington towards that area by that "overlook/pier" thing.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No help for this weekend, but....

PHASE THREE: ( Reopening tentative date July 17 )
Full reopening of park facilities closed during earlier phases, including: visitor center; Ebenezer boat ramp and day-use area; Seaforth day-use area; New Hope Overlook primitive campsites; Parkers Creek day-use area; Vista Point; and White Oak. All hiking trails, all picnic areas, all picnic shelters, all boat ramps, all beach areas, group campsites, Poplar Point campground loop E, and Parkers Creek campground loops 3 and 4 will be open.
I honestly don't see us going to phase 3 then. Eventhough the hospitalization cases are leveling off with the news screaming about the "most cases ever" every single day I don't see us going beyond Phase 2 this summer. Sure hope I'm wrong as Jordan can use all the ramps it can get. Last July 4th we went to Harris and it was empty. Was shocked. I don't see that happening this year.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We'll be out of Falls, probably late afternoon or evening once the crowds die down.

I know Rollingview State Park ramp has been one of the quieter ramps (as always)....seems people look at is as just not worth the extra 15 minute drive, but they end up waiting longer to launch and retrieve.

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We're headed to Kerr. Son decided to go see grandma this weekend so it's the wife and myself. Can't wait to explore a new area.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We're headed to Kerr. Son decided to go see grandma this weekend so it's the wife and myself. Can't wait to explore a new area.
That's awesome! Doesn't look like we're going out today. :( Little one doesn't wanna go and the wife isn't exactly keen to deal with the ramp stress. Was out and about and saw a bunch of boats heading down to Harris. Such a shame. Horrible year to have bought a new boat. Although had we had the old one still I probably would have just sold it and walked away for a few years until things settled down. Half tempted to just take it out myself.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So I headed down to Harris ramp this afternoon to see how busy the ramp was, and it was empty.......like eerily empty. MAYBE 20 cars there and quite a few didn't have trailers. By the time I came home the rest of the fam decided they would come and had gotten changed.

I configured the trailer assist for my truck the other week and played with it myself. Wife backed the truck down all on her own like a pro using it the second time. So, hopefully that'll fix some of the ramp woe's we've been plagued with. Even she said she was starting to dread taking the boat out because of the stress that was caused by taking it out. Hopefully this will build her confidence and she'll eventually be able to back it up herself, but for now at least my truck basically does it for her.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah. There's a tiny "beach" over there people walk to from the road, and a wooden overlook/walkway.
Ok, under the bridge off to the right? We hung there last July 4th because it was easier to carry everything from cars parked instead of putting everything on the boat.

We always go further back to where its even less crowded, smoother water, etc. have to be careful of a couple areas but it’s worth it. I love the map on the newer boats. Shows where underwater timber is and the depth is pretty spot on.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, under the bridge off to the right? We hung there last July 4th because it was easier to carry everything from cars parked instead of putting everything on the boat.

We always go further back to where its even less crowded, smoother water, etc. have to be careful of a couple areas but it’s worth it. I love the map on the newer boats. Shows where underwater timber is and the depth is pretty spot on.
I've run my ski all up and down back there all the way past that second bridge, BUT a little sketched out to do it in my boat. I've seen some of those trees when the water is low.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
6DF78DF6-A146-453F-99F5-90DD7329C62C.jpeg
Blue area is where the trees are and red is a bit shallow. With the lake at normal level I’ve seen 3-4 feet in a spot or two. Beyond that it gets a little deeper.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
On the water..... heading towards Farrington. Water is smooth

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On the water..... heading towards Farrington. Water is smooth
We made it out too. Hanging at the beach for now. Will head towards farrington around lunch time.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ramp started to get a little busy by the time we put in. Wife did ok with backing up. No lines on the ground make it harder for her and it's a tighter ramp than Harris. Couple corrections by pulling forward and she was good.
20200703_095935.jpg20200703_095931.jpg20200703_092044.jpg