• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ratchet straps / tie downs

I have that style and they always loosen a bit but I can usual re set them after a bit and they stay taught…

I used the sites search engine (the search engine is your friend) and found a few threads on boat buckles, I don’t know why a person would want anything but the stainless ones. In one of the threads there is a link to the manufacturers web site and the stainless boat buckle G2’s are $125 plus tax a pair with $35 flat rate shipping another had a amazon prime link and are $92 plus tax for one With free shipping.

What ratchet straps / tie downs is everyone using (Yamaha 210 FSH Sport)? Mine BoatBuckle Pro Series Transom Tie-Down 2-Pack | Cabela's (cabelas.com)
loosen after a few miles. TIA

They don't loosen, your boat just slides forward on the trailer a bit, and your boat adjusts. So, I recommend, and what I personally do, is after I yank the boat, coming up the ramp with the bunks still fully wet, is go 5 mph or so and hit the brakes hard. This causes the boat to snug up on the trailer and front roller. THEN get out and winch it tight again. Before going to staging. When you put your straps on then and tighten they will stay tight. Also make sure your front whinch post is tightened down good. Some of them are not and slide around a bit.

Last edited:
What ratchet straps / tie downs is everyone using (Yamaha 210 FSH Sport)? Mine BoatBuckle Pro Series Transom Tie-Down 2-Pack | Cabela's (cabelas.com)
loosen after a few miles. TIA

What is your loading procedure?
We found after retrieving the boat on the trailer, and back on level ground we have to aggressively brake so that the boat is resting on the bow stop. Then retighten the winch & install the transom straps.

Not a FSH, but might be similar to your situation.

X3 I warn anyone in the truck about the hard break then tighten everything.

I'm in salt water and my shorelander trailer had regular steel transom tie downs that failed

Replaced with these

BoatBuckle G2 Retractable Transom Tie-Down, 1 Pair https://a.co/d/e7TQQFz

I’m fortunate I guess in that I’m able to winch my boat all the way at the ramp. I just keep cranking until the eyelet of the hook that the strap attaches to gets below my rollers.

If I was on fresh water with a well designed ramp and no tide swings I could get the trailer deep enough. But my Brembo brakes are not coming anywhere near the salt water, my tires at best will touch the water slightly.

I’m fortunate I guess in that I’m able to winch my boat all the way at the ramp. I just keep cranking until the eyelet of the hook that the strap attaches to gets below my rollers.

Most have also found that the winch post has some flex to it. Hard to believe but so common that many have welded a brace on their winch post.

Most have also found that the winch post has some flex to it. Hard to believe but so common that many have welded a brace on their winch post.
Gotcha! That’s where I’m fortunate I guess. Mine was welded on to begin with. I actually replaced mine though with an electric winch (which was a rea PIA to cut the weld) and luckily I can still bring her up to the eyelet.

I lost one of mine (just like the ones in your post) on our trip back from Lake Erie this summer, the boat had slid forward on the trailer during a storm when I had to hit the brakes pretty hard and the strap became loose and fell off. I replaced with these -
These straps have a captured hook so if it loosens up they won't fall off.

They do wear out....

Happened at the marina tying down for trip home. Swapped a regular tie down in a pinch.

Tie Down Strap Fail.jpg

Back