• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rate your 2023 boating season

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pretty crap season here. Basically zero good days until June, had an issue with our lift that cost a couple weeks, crap weather all summer, and some other crap that got in the way. I think we got out 5-6 times, which sucks. Hoping for some warm october weekends, and a better season next year. C-.

Our last trip was an oceanside ride down to AC for the boat show, which was a good time - and I just may have found my next boat. At least a new boat would force us out more, lol.

And what would that boat be?

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd say... a B if strictly going by the boating itself, A+ on overall summer if including personal life.

Negatives:
- Weather forecast was not cooperating until mid June, and even a lot of July. Seemed like every week was forecasted as clear Monday-Thursday and rain/thunderstorms Friday-Sunday. Cancelled several lake days season due to bad weather forecasts only for most of those to end up being beautiful clear days.
- Did most of our boating as just cruising on the river this year rather than getting to lakes to do watersports and swim. A lot of this was due to friends/family being very busy and not justifying the hour drive (also not having a spotter for watersports).
- No big trips with the boat for us this year (last year we did a week on Anna Maria Island and a week on Captiva Island).
- Season ended in mid-late August for us.

Positives:
- We did get out on the boat a lot, all things considered.
- Last year my son liked the boat. This year, at 2 years old, he loves it, asks to go on it all the time, loves swimming, and is showing interest in trying tow sports.
- I finally got the setup right on our AR250 and have been able to surf ropeless at 275lbs. The wake is actually pretty good. The surf-able area is fairly long and I have enough push all over the place on the wave to stay in control.
- Our second child arrived in late August, which was the reason for the season ending early. Hopefully he likes the boat as much as his big brother!

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll give it an "A". Weird start to the season here in Washinton State - Hot May, cool/rainy June, but a really nice summer (stayed mostly in the mid 80's to low 90's). Got to a lot of cool areas, saw a ton of great wildlife (12 bear sightings and herds of bighorn), and starting to figure out the wakeboard. Hell, the daughter and I have enjoyed fishing together off the boat and she is starting to rock it on a wakeboard. My wife is in a total zen state when we get on the boat (even if we are at each others throats at the launch LOL). Buying the boat last year was the one of the best decisions we've ever made (I swore I would never buy a boat, especially a NEW one). So far after two seasons we are sitting around 130 hrs and I hope we get the chance to add acouple more before it's "put the boat away time".

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty crap season here. Basically zero good days until June, had an issue with our lift that cost a couple weeks, crap weather all summer, and some other crap that got in the way. I think we got out 5-6 times, which sucks. Hoping for some warm october weekends, and a better season next year. C-.

Our last trip was an oceanside ride down to AC for the boat show, which was a good time - and I just may have found my next boat. At least a new boat would force us out more, lol.
I now have a ranking system based on how many times someone uses "suck" or "crap"

1x suck, crap= C- season
2x suck, crap= D season
3x suck, crap= D- season
4x suck, crap= F season
5 or more suck, crap= probably selling the boat :)

Seriously though, we had a crappy season last year and it made me wonder if it was even a good idea to own a boat in Wisconsin. :-/

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
WhiskyDan, we are just down the road from you in the Sheboygan area. Haven't been on Winnebago in about 25 years, but I do want to get the boat out there maybe next year. If we do, I will let you know. Tomorrow I am dropping it off in Oshkosh to get it ready for winter...unfortunately.

Aside from sucking a turtle up in the right engine over Labor Day weekend I give the season a A-. The weather was great, but it seemed like we had something going on almost every weekend and didn't get out as much as I had hoped.
We would be happy to meet up if you get over this way. We might even be able to lure the reclusive @drewkaree out of his lair - it's well worth the effort. :)

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was a rough one. Rained most of the month of June at the lake. We were able to get a few really hot and beautiful weekends in July/August, but did get drowned under a few pop-up thunderstorms...once in July, once in August. The common thread was that we lost Wolfgang (see avatar) to cancer in April. Not having him with us on the boat this Summer was rough. He loved going on long rides with the wind blowing his ears, chasing the ducks that would come to the boat mooching for food, and loved swimming in the lake. You don't realize what an important part of your lives they are until they're gone. :(

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Started off as a solid F. Weather & projects just didn't really work out for good boating. Since mid to late June though, it's been an A.

Water WAS looking too low to launch, but it's good to go tomorrow, so we're putting off the SeaDek until Sunday so we can get out while there's still time. Still hoping to drop in a few more weeks, and sneak a color run in, as temps are supposed to start dropping off after this weekend.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And what would that boat be?
Tidewater 272CC looks to be the winner. Need to arrange a water test, but trying to hold off til Spring. Maybe a 280 if I stumble across an extra sack of cash before then, lol.

Was a rough one. Rained most of the month of June at the lake. We were able to get a few really hot and beautiful weekends in July/August, but did get drowned under a few pop-up thunderstorms...once in July, once in August. The common thread was that we lost Wolfgang (see avatar) to cancer in April. Not having him with us on the boat this Summer was rough. He loved going on long rides with the wind blowing his ears, chasing the ducks that would come to the boat mooching for food, and loved swimming in the lake. You don't realize what an important part of your lives they are until they're gone. :(
:( Sorry for the loss of your pup. I'm not looking forward to that day, I think my big guy (avatar) only has 1-2 seasons left.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dude, I’m so sorry for the loss of your Wolfgang …. Just freaking crushing.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Tidewater 272CC looks to be the winner. Need to arrange a water test, but trying to hold off til Spring. Maybe a 280 if I stumble across an extra sack of cash before then, lol.

:( Sorry for the loss of your pup. I'm not looking forward to that day, I think my big guy (avatar) only has 1-2 seasons left.
This boat looks bad ass! What my friend and I refer to as a fear no evil boat. i love that big Carolina bow flare for a dry ride too!

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Water. Still hoping to drop in a few more weeks, and sneak a color run in, as temps are supposed to start dropping off after this weekend.
We got lucky here last year for boating into October (a couple of mid 80’s weekends in a row). The color runs were amazing until we went up a beautiful side river from the lake and sucked up every leaf in the area for our first and only overheat alarm. I’m still willing to do it……I just know better now to not just idle through flotsam 😂

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Solid B would have been an A but my annual trip to Vermont in August was a cool week. Only went out two days on the boat, the smaller lakes that we wakeboard in by Ludlow were deemed not safe for swimming due to a massive rain storm that flooded the area. We always bring the mountain bikes that are great for cool cloudy days shredding the downhill trails at Killington . The Bimini top was left off the entire season just draped it up one hot day that was a first. Nothing better than surfing in Vermont mid week with no boat traffic

Surfing 2023.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sad boating season for me. Someone should just take my boat away from me......... :((

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the condolences 🙂 He was the best first mate.
I had both my Bull Terriers pass away in 2020 and it was like getting your heart yanked out. They were like my kids and it took a long time to come to grips with it. Their leashes are still hung up by the door and will be there until the day I die.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had both my Bull Terriers pass away in 2020 and it was like getting your heart yanked out. They were like my kids and it took a long time to come to grips with it. Their leashes are still hung up by the door and will be there until the day I die.
😭

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sad boating season for me. Someone should just take my boat away from me......... :((
Its not over yet… try and get out there! The water is getting colder and the Wally bite should be heating up!

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
I'm going to have to give it an "A".

First year with new boat, no incidents so that alone earns an "A"

Had excellent days exploring the lakes with family and friends, had both adventurous days and relaxing chill days and I look forward to next season!

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Probably the worst one since we got the boat back in 2015...
Wife and SIL were able to finally persuade in-laws (102 and 97!!!) to finally move into a retirement home in June and that started a snowball effect of trips on weekends. And then it seemed like when we had a weekend free it was raining or otherwise crappy.
We did get some good days in though so not a total write off. Over the next 5 weeks there's one, maybe two weekends open so I'm looking to schedule when to take it out for the winter. Seems like we just put it in.
Could be worse though... could not HAVE a boat!

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Besides low water levels, why was the rest of that bad? If Wisconsin weather was like that I would quit my job and go on the lakes and rivers full time.
It's just miserable. You can never get cooled off. When you are moving it's like a hair dryer in your face.