• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

REMEMBER - We're not the only ones enjoying the warm weather!!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Covers are coming off, boats are getting wet and we are beginning to enjoy the wonderfully warm weather....

However we aren't the only ones; snakes are starting to move around as well. I've already shot my first rattler for the year, making me pay a little better attention!

Please visit the website below and make sure your family also knows what they need to be on the lookout for.
http://www.venombyte.com/venom/snakes/venomous_snakes_by_state.asp

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Me and snakes do not go well together....the pictures while very informative give me the heebie jeebies.:nailbiting:

IMG_4484.JPG

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hate snakes. I would seriously call in an airstrike and drop JDAM missiles in a 5-mile perimeter around the location of said snake and then at which point I would send in Delta Force accompanied by Seal Team 6 to do a remains recovery bring me the carcass of the snake so I could set it on fire and then put his ashes in a field artillery round and blast at field artillery round into the middle of the ocean.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez, @haknslash, and I had this dude try to slither up our anchor line last year! Good thing we were out surfing and left the wives to fight the snake.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Trust me guys my thoughts were the same as @Drift Away

I stopped about 40ft away and didn't even make it past the nose of my truck before letting him taste my 45.
(I know I didn't go far enough because my ejected shell cracked my driver's side headlight)

20170227_121900.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've killed lots of Copperheads around our house....just part of living in the woods....I have a heavy duty ice chopper like this one that is excellent for removing and dicing the F#$% out of them from a SAFE distance! Mine has a HEAVY steel blade head...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I lived another 200 yards I would be outside city limits and could take care of them with 5.56 hehe. Hate snakes and spiders! We have a drainage creek behind our house and each year there are several snakes around. I have a sweet newage sling shot itching for the season.

Attachments

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just don't go taking a piss under the front of a tank in the desert at night with the heater on. :bag:

Emilio22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just my 2 cents here. Killing rattlesnakes that rattle is creating a population of rattlesnakes that do not rattle through natural selection. What was once a very small population of non-rattling snakes is rapidly growing. I have run into my fair share both here in South Florida and at BS summer camps throughout the Appalachians and trust me we all want them to rattle/warn us that they are around. They camouflage too well and are truly not interested in us.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just my 2 cents here. Killing rattlesnakes that rattle is creating a population of rattlesnakes that do not rattle through natural selection. What was once a very small population of non-rattling snakes is rapidly growing. I have run into my fair share both here in South Florida and at BS summer camps throughout the Appalachians and trust me we all want them to rattle/warn us that they are around. They camouflage too well and are truly not interested in us.
That is a very good point. I couldn't tell you if the snakes that I've killed are rattlers or not. Every one that I have seen have been at quite a distance and they were shot well before being anywhere near striking distance (ie 20-40ft).

If you are in city limits @Julian may I suggest a good pellet gun. Due to the lack of gun power for pellets/BBs most municipalities allow them. I have my Gamo that I have squirrel/armadillo/cat hunted from the back porch with and love it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is a very good point. I couldn't tell you if the snakes that I've killed are rattlers or not. Every one that I have seen have been at quite a distance and they were shot well before being anywhere near striking distance (ie 20-40ft).

If you are in city limits @Julian may I suggest a good pellet gun. Due to the lack of gun power for pellets/BBs most municipalities allow them. I have my Gamo that I have squirrel/armadillo/cat hunted from the back porch with and love it.
Copperheads aren't big enough to worry about....and aren't really deadly (in strange circumstances they might be)...painful yes....I don't like killing them, but I also don't want the dogs bitten....so I whack them!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That is one thing about northern IL. No poisonous snakes, very few if any bad spiders, no stinging ants. I can walk barefoot in the soft grass in the summer and not worry about the creatures. I just have to watch out for the politicians and their tax raising schemes.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is one thing about northern IL. No poisonous snakes, very few if any bad spiders, no stinging ants. I can walk barefoot in the soft grass in the summer and not worry about the creatures.
That may be true, but the summer is only 2 months long! (At least it was when I lived in Glendale Heights)
Don't miss the short summers or the cold, frozen, long winters either.... ugh
lol

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ya you got me there.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All my snakes are still sleeping. I did kill a cobra with a shovel once. Cam

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hate and kill all snakes that slither on my property, we have dogs and horses, don't want them getting bit. I use a similar tool as @Julian

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As a child I would bring snakes (garter snakes) home to show to my parents. I have raised my kids to handle them. But now that they live in other parts of the country I may have done them a disservice.
("Look Mommy, this snake has nice teeth".)

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length