• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removing canvas from bimini frame

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was thinking of taking my canvas off the bimini frame and got to looking at it the other day...is this going to be a big pain to do?? Guess I could clean it in place just didn't want to get cleaner and water on everything. Was actually thinking I would take it off and power wash it.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else has done this and wouldn't mind sharing a little knowledge.

Thanks.

Take it off of the boat and clean it so you don't make a mess in the boat. DONT use a pressure washer!! If its moldy use a bleach based cleaner and a medium stiff brush. Rinse well.

I am going to test a new to me cleaner that might work well on canvas --- its called Z-Cleaner.

http://www.ztuffproducts.com/#!

I took it off the frame and washed it in my front-loading clothes washer. Pretty easy to do and worked well but not perfect.

When I replaced my factory grey bimini top with a burgundy bimini top, I had to take the frame apart to remove the factory top. The new top has zippers on the pockets, so no more take the frame apart to remove the top. Taking the frame apart was not hard. I'll have to look at mine when I get home to refresh myself on how I did it.

For some reason I never even thought about taking the whole thing to clean it...very simple. And thanks @Murf'n'surf for the heads up about the power washer. Man, I like this forum!!! :winkingthumbsup"

Back