• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reverse Gate Cables

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Does anyone know the model numbers for replacement cables on a 2008 232 limited?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks Dan... I'm going to hunt around and see if they can be gotten any cheaper:winkingthumbsup"

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
love the FAQ / members tips section!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Julian thanks I previously read that. Do you have any recommendations on where to buy?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
+1 on the Teleflex... they were much cheaper and the same as the Yamaha for my boat.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A big thanks to Julian for the full details on changing the reverse gate cables, I started at 11 am today and had the job finished and adjusted perfect and was having lunch by 12.30, Everything went smooth as silk, Found the problem with the old cable the outer had separated from the connecter at the end where it goes into the rear transom consequently the gate wouldn't close and when you engaged reverse as the gate hadn't moved you still went forward as the throttle was still working as normal Ok once again big thanks for that.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a couple of Photos of the problem i had with the reverse gate cable, If you look closely you can see the outer has broken away from the inner by about 1 inch this is were it goes through the transom so when you selected reverse it didn't engage and as the throttle still worked as normal you went forward and if the other engine is in reverse and working normal you will spin around, could be tricky!, If it happens to you just follow this write up by Julian it's spot on, Good Luck.

Last edited: