• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Russia Invades Ukraine AND Chinese Aircraft Enter Taiwan Airspace

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They should be setting record profits. The USD is worth less than last year, so if your profits aren't going up, you're seeing negative growth. Also, they've been pushed to not expand capacity, so when you're not spending on expansion or future capacity, of course you'll set record profits. It's the definition of short term gains and long term consequences.
They have expanded capacity, so that eliminates your argument. Latest data has US at over 12 million bpd, with predictions that we'll match prepandemic production levels next year. So hopefully increased supply and ideally an end to Ukraine war will help prices next year. But I suspect sanctions will remain on Russia for a long time unless Putin dies.

China is already investing in Mexico. Unlikely we'll invade because of it! Is this (your positions) all Tucker Carlson's talk track? Perhaps I should watch him again so I know where this stuff comes from.....(an entertainment show)

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They should be setting record profits. The USD is worth less than last year, so if your profits aren't going up, you're seeing negative growth. Also, they've been pushed to not expand capacity, so when you're not spending on expansion or future capacity, of course you'll set record profits. It's the definition of short term gains and long term consequences.
From a June oilprce.com article,

""We have been in regular contact with the administration to update the President and his staff on how ExxonMobil has been investing more than any other company to develop U.S. oil and gas supplies," the company said in a statement. "This includes investments in the U.S. of more than $50 billion over the past five years, resulting in an almost 50% increase in our U.S. production of oil during this period," Exxon also said."

Jim

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My local electric utility is seeking approval to raise rates to over 30 cent a kWh.( A good portion electric production comes from gas/oil here)

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
*totally worth it to stop Putin.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
:facepalm:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The USD is worth less than last year, so if your profits aren't going up, you're seeing negative growth.
With the exception of the last two weeks, the dollar hasn't been this strong in 20 years, and well above 2021.

1668795668154.png

Conspiracy mixed in with easily refutable 'facts'. Good stuff.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With the exception of the last two weeks, the dollar hasn't been this strong in 20 years, and well above 2021.

View attachment 191113

Conspiracy mixed in with easily refutable 'facts'. Good stuff.
You either just misunderstood what I said, or are being intentionally misleading.

The value of the dollar vs other currencies has nothing to doneith the fact that every dollar buys less. And so if every dollar has less value, profits have to increase to stay "equal". This is basic math here.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting. One would think that someone trying to spam would also be savvy enough to VPN a fake location...
Many do. I will not get into the various methods we use to track and block spammers before they join as I want to continue blocking them before they are able to post. We have prevented or removed more than 20,000 fake Russian accounts on this forum alone.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They have expanded capacity, so that eliminates your argument. Latest data has US at over 12 million bpd, with predictions that we'll match prepandemic production levels next year. So hopefully increased supply and ideally an end to Ukraine war will help prices next year. But I suspect sanctions will remain on Russia for a long time unless Putin dies.

China is already investing in Mexico. Unlikely we'll invade because of it! Is this (your positions) all Tucker Carlson's talk track? Perhaps I should watch him again so I know where this stuff comes from.....(an entertainment show)

Is Tucker Carlson the fat guy on the radio old people liked?

There's a big difference between investing and building mitary bases. China is investing in pretty much all of the world, and taking control of most infrastructure in the process. But again, if China wanted to put missiles, military airfields, large bases, etc as NATO would do in Ukraine, how do you think the US would react? When the Russians wanted to out missiles in Cuba we nearly had ww3. So I suspect that it wouldn't go over very well.