• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

sandbars are never gonna be the same

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Though not a member here we lost a jetboater Monday. My son in law lost his battle with cancer , he was only 50. He wasn't a boater when he met my daughter,loved riding his Harley till the very end, but she soon got him hooked and at one time he had four boats, she was wondering what she had started. I was thinking about a new prop boat when he took me out in his then new 20 ft SeaDoo challenger. He was a mad man in that thing, spins, subs, you name it. I was hooked. Sandbars aren't gonna be the same for his legion of friends with out that big ape. Jill and their three great boys 19 ,17, and15 will be ok eventually, she's a strong person[she teaches high school in Rockford,Il] but it's going to take awhile. Sorry for the ramble and depressing topic but just sitting here waiting for the other kids to get in from SC and AZ I felt like saying something

Bill

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry for your loss, 50 is way too young. Sending condolences from the Northwest.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you have to be happy with everyday you get because it can end way to soon,

Sorry to hear your families loss,

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Sorry for your loss. I also lost my mother to cancer at 53, she was too young and its still hard for me to grasp. It will be a rough road for the kids but they will make it through it with your support.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your loss and the families!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for your loss. Feel free to write. Putting your feelings in words may very well help. We are hear to listen. Cancer is a rough word to hear. It effects way to many people. Got news yesterday my nephew in his 30's has got it in his lungs, liver and colon. It is a hard thing to deal with. Lost a son years ago. Not to cancer. I thank the Lord for allowing me to have 33 wonderful years with him. That is what gets me through the rough moments. Memories of him are what will get your daughter and family and friends through the rough times. They will also at the flick of a switch make you sad. Amazing how one word, one song, one special day, moment, location, or thought can change your emotion instantly. I will say a prayer for you, your daughter and family. GOD BLESS YOU All.

DonWon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Sorry for your loss. Eff'n cancer takes too many good people. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My condolences, @Bilmon That is a tough loss. Sounds like those boys have a strong mother and extended support group. Cherish the great memories and continue to build new ones.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bill,
Why be sorry for posting something important to you? That's what people do. They share their feelings.
I'm glad you did.

Just because we share an interest in boats, jetboats as it may be, doesn't mean we don't share an interest in life....and all it brings us to.

It's good that we have a place like this.

It can also be our catharsis. We are all getting older. Our sense of invincibility wanes and we soon realize it's time to reconcile.

Here's to your son-in-law! May he rest peacefully and remain in your thoughts always.

And here's to Jill and their 3 boys. I wish them peace and comfort in their time of grief.

And to you.....be strong. And remember the great times on the sandbar.

I know I do. :cool:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bill,

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was the life of the party. It's good to see that your daughter and grandchildren have a wonderful support system in you. Sending love and support your way.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for your lost. RIP

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very sorry for your loss!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry and this is sad news. I know all too many people that have lost this battle. Take care

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Thanks all. As several have said cancer is nasty to deal with. I've lost several family members and friends,most recently a sister, to it but this one has been especially hard to see. He had oral cancer and the surgeries, chemo, and radiation left him with no teeth little jaw muscle and constant pain that even morphine wasn't stopping .Hard to watch an over 6 ft near 300 lb incredibly powerful guy shrink away. All that said as late as last September he was on the river ,hanging with their friends, even while undergoing chemo. Jill is a very strong girl and I fully expect come warm weather she will be asking to get the old SeaDoo ready as she is fully able to launch,load, and handle it,as are the two older boys

Bill

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Condolences from my family to yours.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very sorry for your loss. He will be in my prayers.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your family will be in my prayers. Sincerest condolences.