• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Saying goodbye….at least for a while

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
On Monday, I said goodbye to my third Yamaha. The family dynamics have changed and we are moving to a center console bay boat with an outboard. I’ve been a part of this group since the beginning and will continue to stop by on occasion. It’s a great forum with great people and the mods do a good job of keeping it what it was designed to be. Wish everyone the best and who knows, we may be back in a Yamaha someday. But for now….✌out!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On Monday, I said goodbye to my third Yamaha. The family dynamics have changed and we are moving to a center console bay boat with an outboard. I’ve been a part of this group since the beginning and will continue to stop by on occasion. It’s a great forum with great people and the mods do a good job of keeping it what it was designed to be. Wish everyone the best and who knows, we may be back in a Yamaha someday. But for now….✌out!
Best of luck! A Yamaha FSH wasn’t in the cards?

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Best of luck! A Yamaha FSH wasn’t in the cards?
I only have a few gripes when it comes to Yamaha boats. One of them is the noise and another is the ride quality. Trim tabs helped tremendously on my most recent 2019 LSE, but I test drove the boat that I am purchasing and there was no contest. And then there is the noise….Outboards, as we all know, are considerably quieter.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Best of luck. There are some fine boats in the center console market. A person would have to have some serious need for a jet to go with an FSH over so many quality center consoles.

What did you end up with for an outboard? As much as I love the Yamaha four stroke outboards, the service I did on my buddies Merc was stupid easy. All the caps, plugs fillers were all color coded for oil changes and gear lube.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Best of luck. There are some fine boats in the center console market. A person would have to have some serious need for a jet to go with an FSH over so many quality center consoles.

What did you end up with for an outboard? As much as I love the Yamaha four stroke outboards, the service I did on my buddies Merc was stupid easy. All the caps, plugs fillers were all color coded for oil changes and gear lube.
I ordered a Tidewater 2500 Carolina Bay with a Mercury Verado 400 V10.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My neighbor has a TW CC 25ft with a vented hull and between the 300hp on the rear and the hull, that thing makes as much noise as my boat, just different tones.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats, don't be a stranger...This forum is jet propulsion centric as in jetskis, inboard jetboats and OB jet lower units, but I find myself with 5 OB motors and sails for 2 sailboats. Lol. A bunch others with OB and V drives. Good luck to you in your new CC.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered a Tidewater 2500 Carolina Bay with a Mercury Verado 400 V10.
My buddy took delivery of his new Lund fishing boat with that new Verado 400. What a sweetheart of a motor! I am truly jealous.

For context for the others on this board, that motor alone is worth more than most of our Yamaha boats. So this is an investment, but what a way to do it right! Nice! There is not an FSH available in the same league as that boat.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My buddy took delivery of his new Lund fishing boat with that new Verado 400. What a sweetheart of a motor! I am truly jealous.

For context for the others on this board, that motor alone is worth more than most of our Yamaha boats. So this is an investment, but what a way to do it right! Nice! There is not an FSH available in the same league as that boat.
yeah I’m pretty excited. Supposed ti start building it mid January. I should have it Mid to late February.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My neighbor has a TW CC 25ft with a vented hull and between the 300hp on the rear and the hull, that thing makes as much noise as my boat, just different tones.
The tidewater I test drove had a Mercury 450R on it. It was whisper quiet compared to my Yamaha. What do you mean by “vented hull”. Are you talking about a stepped hull?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
congratulations, I hope you come back and post some fish stories,

and,
I wanna be this guy !! do they have a seat belt for the upstairs ???

1704988278342.png

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The tidewater I test drove had a Mercury 450R on it. It was whisper quiet compared to my Yamaha. What do you mean by “vented hull”. Are you talking about a stepped hull?
Pretty much yes. I’ll try to get pics of it next time I’m around it.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty much yes. I’ll try to get pics of it next time I’m around it.
If you were in a tidewater 25 that had a stepped hull, yes, it was the same boat as I ordered….a 2500 CB. They only have stepped hulls on two boats. The 2300 CB has a single step and 2500 has twin steps.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Curious as why the bay c.c.? Is it because of the large fore and aft casting platforms. Regardless, congrats on the new boat!

Jim

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Curious as why the bay c.c.? Is it because of the large fore and aft casting platforms. Regardless, congrats on the new boat!

Jim
Good question. At first we were looking in the 23’-25’ CC offshore boat. I like the idea of a big v hull to take on chop. But we are very much sandbar people. This is where the Yamahas really shine. We figure the bay boat will give us easier ingress and egress as opposed to a taller offshore boat. Not as good as the swim platform on jet boat, but definitely easier than a large v hull. In the Yamaha, we always beached stern first. Pretty easy to do as long as the beach isn’t crowded. But our beach is ALWAYS crowded and I’m usually squeezing between some friends with the Yamaha….fighting current, wind and tide. I have gotten really good at it over the last 15 years of having a jet, but I’m looking forward to pulling up close to the beach, bow first and dropping the power poles.

Last edited:

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
IMG_6336.jpeg
just showed up at the dealer yesterday evening. Went and looked at it today. Hope to pick it up in a week or so. Dealer still has to prep, install power pole(s), GPS and decking. After owning a jet boat for 15 years, I’m still a little apprehensive about making the change, but time will tell soon enough.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the total weight on her?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 215523
just showed up at the dealer yesterday evening. Went and looked at it today. Hope to pick it up in a week or so. Dealer still has to prep, install power pole(s), GPS and decking. After owning a jet boat for 15 years, I’m still a little apprehensive about making the change, but time will tell soon enough.
Nice boat. What size Mercury OB is out back. I assume no trim tabs due to mounting of power poles?

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@redthumper9, sharp looking boat!
There’s a video embedded on the Tidewater model page showing more of the boats features and layout.

Per the performance bulliten - 57MPH with a 300HP Yamaha and ~3.8MPG at cruise are very nice figures.
Can’t tell what size Merc is on the back of yours…

@zipper From the feature set, it looks like trim tabs are standard on this model (as well as a jack plate). From what I have noticed TW provides a nice list of standard features that some manufactures would include as options. Here’s a picture with both the tabs and power poles installed…

1708864859275.png