• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Saying Hi from MD

ravi4l

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just Saying Hi new here just ordered 2015 Yamaha 242 LS in gray as my first jet boat. now let the waiting begun. Hoping it shows up after I get my boat lift in soon. Dealer told me it’s going to be about 4 to 8 weeks does anyone know what real wait time is on these things. Oh I’m on Potomac River close Tims River shore.

Thanks
Ravi

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new boat!
:Welcome:

ravi4l

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank You can't wait got it without test drive first time lets c how it works out

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. The gray boat looks awesome.

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome , I am in Calvert, MD. Hope to see you on the river

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats! I'm in Baltimore but often come to the Potomac for the 4th of July. Usually hang out in the woodsy part north of Georgetown.

ravi4l

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks Guys I live by the power lines can’t wait to take her out

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @ravi4l and congrats on the new boat. I don't really know what the wait time for delivery is. I'm sure it depends on time of year and demand. I don't have the patience to wait so I commend you for that. make sure to post pics of the boat when it does arrive.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered mid Jan. In 2010. Was told late April, early March. Arrived 27 Feb. I think you will find the time varies Quite a bit.

ravi4l

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
thanks i was told by dealer they have 1 coming but need to switch the trailer as i wanted Galvanized so hope it won;t take long

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ravi4l welcome aboard! Glad that you found us. Congratulations on your new boat. Please post pictures once you get them.

:Welcome:

chesbay007

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase. I live in Annapolis and do most of my boating on the West & Rhode rivers and the Chesapeake. I want to trailer the boat to the Potomac this summer. Where is the best place to drop it in? Looking to spend two days on the river. Any campgrounds or hotels (besides national harbor) a long the river?

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats on the purchase. I live in Annapolis and do most of my boating on the West & Rhode rivers and the Chesapeake. I want to trailer the boat to the Potomac this summer. Where is the best place to drop it in? Looking to spend two days on the river. Any campgrounds or hotels (besides national harbor) a long the river?
When I go there I put in at Fort Washington Marina. From there its a nice ride up the Potomac through Alexandria and into DC.

They have reasonable rates, nice floating concrete docks and a gas dock. We usually stay in downtown Alexandria at one of the hotels. It's short drive from the Marina.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fort+Washington+Marina/@38.7012103,-77.0251073,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x3ad2de05e25e6eea

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!

ravi4l

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Chesbay007 thanks I’m new to boating but staying and getting your boat on water I would look at small wood state park http://dnr2.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pages/southern/smallwood.aspx it’s very nice pretty cheap and cabins are nice. I have my own boat ramp. If you can’t find somewhere nice to drop let me know you can use mine as long tide is high.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! You must be right across the river from me, I'm in Woodbridge in VA. I put in at Leesylvania State Park just north of Tim's. Belmont Bay is a great place to hang out, its on the back side of Mason Neck State Park, its a shallow sandy bottom place where tons of boaters go to do the sandbar type of boating.

ravi4l

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! You must be right across the river from me, I'm in Woodbridge in VA. I put in at Leesylvania State Park just north of Tim's. Belmont Bay is a great place to hang out, its on the back side of Mason Neck State Park, its a shallow sandy bottom place where tons of boaters go to do the sandbar type of boating.
thanks very close I'll keep an eye out next time I'm out on river. until i get new boat you'll c me on beat up old pontoon lol by the power plant.

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats. From a pontoon to a 242, nice upgrade