• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seaweed NIGHTMARE

Speedster

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I swear I saw a post on this site with a device that would literally cut something free from the intake grate without having to get wet or pull the plug. It was a new intake grate with an arm that swep across the surface. @swatski replied to the thread. I've spent 20 minutes searching and googling for it. I know I remember seeing it, but can't find it anywhere.

Speedster

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@swatski @2kwik4u @Speedling the product I believe you are talking about is our Repeller Grate. There are 2 models, the hydraulic repeller and the stationary repeller. I have attached our flyer with our contact info. We would be happy to discuss the different models with you. Our website is www.repellergrate.com

Attachments

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
has anyone here used these? there's no pricing listed and there's not much information or discussion about them on their fb page either.

WBeads

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I sent them an email this morning asking about pricing and if they had any history of making them for the FSH. Can post their response when I get one.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@swatski @2kwik4u @Speedling the product I believe you are talking about is our Repeller Grate. There are 2 models, the hydraulic repeller and the stationary repeller. I have attached our flyer with our contact info. We would be happy to discuss the different models with you. Our website is www.repellergrate.com
Speedster....seems you are the owner/affiliated with the owner?? Do you sell these for all Make/Model Jet boats? Could you give us some more information about them?

Speedster

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
[Q
Speedster....seems you are the owner/affiliated with the owner?? Do you sell these for all Make/Model Jet boats? Could you give us some more information about them?
@Julian, yes I am affiliated with DJC Marine Technologies. To answer your question, at the present time, the Repeller Grate is custom built to fit any jet drive boat.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
[Q

@Julian, yes I am affiliated with DJC Marine Technologies. To answer your question, at the present time, the Repeller Grate is custom built to fit any jet drive boat.
I would think that you'd want to build standard models for the main mass produced models out there. There are only so many hulls for Yamaha boats - at least for the big selling ones: Series 1 & 2 - 230 series, Series 1&2 210 Series, 190 series, 240 series. Have you made any for Yamahas? Are they owners members here?

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
[Q

What is the ballpark price on these systems? I would think the stationary version would be sufficient for most applications.
What have you guys seen and heard as far as feedback once installed?
What would you say has been the biggest complaint?

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I'm getting the impression that either a.) if you have to ask, you can't afford it. or b.) it's a garage shop with a product that needs a shark tank style presentation.

This looks awesome. I boat in the ICW between Pensacola and just slightly east of Destin. While our "seedweed nightmare" isn't as rampant as south Florida, I have had to stop and pull the shit out of a grate from a waverunner. I prefer not to have to do it a scarab.
@Speedster we could literally make your business explode if it solves a common problem at a reasonable price.

Give us the details! I think there are many people salivating over these. :)

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I believe it is $430 or so I had inquired but was going to wait till I get my boat back up to NY. I’ll look at my old email.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fast track it for anyone who wants. I’ll have my boat back up around the 20th of April if no one does by then I’ll get them.E85A85EE-C870-4B20-8471-83F7FABAF83B.png

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
This looks like a great product. My only hesitation is that prices seem to only be disclosed over voice.
If $430 is the number, that seems very reasonable but they didn't include it in the email to you. $430 is definitely under my "pain threshold (and my wife's also.)" I split my dual batteries setup and dual charger setup into 2 projects so that the wife doesn't say "you spent $(over her threshold) for a boat project? I'm going to the mall."

I would think that you'd want to build standard models for the main mass produced models out there. There are only so many hulls for Yamaha boats - at least for the big selling ones: Series 1 & 2 - 230 series, Series 1&2 210 Series, 190 series, 240 series. Have you made any for Yamahas? Are they owners members here?
@Julian are they really all that different? I would've expected yamaha to have 3 to 5 main sizes to keep production costs low. if there are 10+ they have to have 10 production lines or sub-contractors that handle each one or two to manage.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We could ask @Speedling about the price. Anyone know about the different sizes? Someone want to measure the grate on there boat?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We could ask @Speedling about the price. Anyone know about the different sizes? Someone want to measure the grate on there boat?
You mean @Speedster
But i am watching this thread!
The stationary one has me interested. The cutter style makes more sense if you are in Florida.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
@Speedster the chaparrals are all 1 size grate from 20’ to 24’ boat. Really should look at stock sizes. I am definitely interested and watching this.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm all in once they figure out a price for our boats, I don't want to pay for a custom job and it seems that is the way they are trying to sell it at this point.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’m actually quite shocked that they aren’t participating more in this thread. Clearly this is a side piece for the owners and perhaps they have no desire or capacity to produce more than they currently do.

Seriously, the most trafficked jet boat site around and you post cryptic “call us” responses? Marketing 101 must have been missed here.