• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Securing box anchor

webbug

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
can you share your ideas of how you secure your box anchor ?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S is correct my mod was buying a 18 inch piece of rebar and two rubber 1/2 inch bolt caps to put on the end from home depot total cost around $2. I just slide the rebar in the middle of the box anchor and hang it in the locker the bottom slides in the little cubby in the anchor locker so it doesn't bounce around. No issues so far.

brddog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Andy S is correct my mod was buying a 18 inch piece of rebar and two rubber 1/2 inch bolt caps to put on the end from home depot total cost around $2. I just slide the rebar in the middle of the box anchor and hang it in the locker the bottom slides in the little cubby in the anchor locker so it doesn't bounce around. No issues so far.

I did my box anchor just like @robert843 and it works great. No movement when stored and easy to deploy.

webbug

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Cool never thought of that!

Did you you remove the white plastic cover inside?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool never thought of that!

Did you you remove the white plastic cover inside?
Nope I slide the bottom half of the box anchor into it so it doesn't bang around.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would do what @Julian said.
I had mine wrapped on neoprime vest, heady duty rubber on the inside of the anchor compartment ,over 200 feet or anchor line and I still I got afiberglass damage on the outside and inside. It was brutal.

Theoretically, I like @robert843 idea, but I am keen to see what he will have to say on June 26th....... I got $20 that on the way back he takes it out and uses @Julian's approach.

PS. I am working on a customized rubber container, but it will take a while to finalize. I will post when it is done though....

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would do what @Julian said.
I had mine wrapped on neoprime vest, heady duty rubber on the inside of the anchor compartment ,over 200 feet or anchor line and I still I got afiberglass damage on the outside and inside. It was brutal.

Theoretically, I like @robert843 idea, but I am keen to see what he will have to say on June 26th....... I got $20 that on the way back he takes it out and uses @Julian's approach.

PS. I am working on a customized rubber container, but it will take a while to finalize. I will post when it is done though....
I have used this method in 3ft seas no issue. It will cross to Bimini under the rear seat no need for it to sit up front and bang around but it will spend the entire time in Bimini in the anchor locker hanging including the 50 mile round trip to Great Isaacs.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I copied @robert843 but added foam padding down in the plastic box. Works well. For Bimini the box anchor will stay at home and the fluke anchor will go in its place until back on the lake. Right tools for the given job IMO.