• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Seeking opinions on using smaller trailer tires

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any thoughts on using smaller trailer tires for storage purposes, or a short distance to the ramp?

I'm thinking something like: http://t.tractorsupply.com/en/store/hi-run-asb1047-replacement-wheel-530-12

This might allow me to squeeze the boat in the garage after removing the tower as I was about 1.5" off. I'd likely use for putting into storage, possibly a 1 block slow trip to the ramp.

Opinions welcome.

Keep in mind it will also reduce your clearance, both at the axles, and between the axles of the trailer and tow vehicle. I've on occasion rubbed the bottom of my spare tire when going over a hump, or through a trough.

I'm thinking.... but could be wrong that a 3" tire size overall will reduce down by 50% thus your 1.5"...... then if you need a bit more you could air down going in and out in you need a bit more.

I was hoping for a little more when taking the tire profile into account, but yes, I was thinking along those lines.

I believe that pontoon trailer tires could be your solution. They come with 10" or 12"wheels with sufficient capacity.

I believe that pontoon trailer tires could be your solution. They come with 10" or 12"wheels with sufficient capacity.
You may be onto something here...

Back