• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Service? <do I need a dealer nearby?>

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
While I am still waiting (not cancelled yet) for our 195s, I have been shopping for backups. Not many other new boats out there, but I found a similar one (standard Honda outboard on a Starcraft hull) at a dealer 3 miles from our lake cottage. This got me thinking. The closest Yamaha dealer is 60 miles away. How important do you think it will be to have boat/motor service near by. I am quite handy (already planning a BOV mod, etc), but warrantee and other complicated work?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve always considered myself not that handy, especially mechanically. However, through this forum, I’ve learned to do everything myself, so I’d say you wouldn’t have a concern. I did have one major repair done for which I took to a dealer 100 miles away, but that was an exception to the norm.

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Wow! That’s great! 2012 - 9 years old, and only one trip to the ‘big’ shop. And I agree about these user forums. HUGE help, and the Yamaha forum is particularly active and helpful. Thanks!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
and the Yamaha forum is particularly active and helpful.
Which Yamaha forum are you referring to? Hopefully not Yamahajetboaters.com! They have 6 users online right now....there are 316 online here right now (and the 6 users on that site were 1 bot, my login, and 4 guests! LOL). It does have a lot of historical info (but most, if not all, of it exists here now)

I'm going to assume you refer to one of the many FB groups?

I agree with the above....these boats are easy to maintain...which is why they are so popular! No outdrive or lower cases to drain in the winter and refill in the spring! Simple upkeep.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Which Yamaha forum are you referring to? Hopefully not Yamahajetboaters.com! They have 6 users online right now....there are 316 online here right now (and the 6 users on that site were 1 bot, my login, and 4 guests! LOL). It does have a lot of historical info (but most, if not all, of it exists here now)

I'm going to assume you refer to one of the many FB groups?

I agree with the above....these boats are easy to maintain...which is why they are so popular! No outdrive or lower cases to drain in the winter and refill in the spring! Simple upkeep.
Nah, nobody refers to the "other forum" anymore. (smile) It is a great place to get advice on replacing your oil lines on your two-stroke exciter though. We are a bit more inclusive on this site.

But to the OP's post, 60 miles is nothing when thinking about the very few times you will actually visit them, if at all. Get it and enjoy it!