• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shorelandr trailer tongue Jack

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is the tongue weight the problem, causing your tow vehicle to excessively squat?

With a high tongue weight and a light duty suspension on the tow vehicle, you may have to hook up at a higher height, allowing the rear of the tow vehicle to squat to create a level stance for the trailer.

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The vehicle height/tire size etc. has no bearing on the issue here, the ball height/position can be adjusted w/the hitch.

BTW - trailering a 4k lbs combo with a Wrangler... How does that work? Most here report a 190 to be borderline behind a JW.

--
I have 0 issues with it... my boat is at a marina l only use it to take it to the ramp...200 ft from storage place.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is the day I picked up my boat. I took 3 different hitch inserts not knowing which I would need for the trailer to be level. On my truck, I ended up having to use a 1/2" raise (2" drop flipped over) to get it close and I still would have preferred it up a touch more in the front. One of the problems that compounds this for me is the boat/trailer has too much tongue weight right now. I am waiting in line for the "rental scale" to come my way to fix that but for now I just have to deal with it. But, with so much tongue weight, my truck squats a bit more which means I need a higher hitch point so that after the squat, I am still level. So, then the jack has to be able to accommodate that extra amount as well.

With that said, even with the proper tongue weight, the jack is nowhere near adequate for a trailer that sits this high or this type of weight. It is just junk all the way around. :mad:

View attachment 79744
Looks perfect to me. And you are saying that in that position, the jack doesn't have enough height?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks perfect to me. And you are saying that in that position, the jack doesn't have enough height?
On perfectly level ground, I have just enough jack length to get it off the ball and clear it by maybe 1/4". If the boat/truck are on the slightest unlevel ground, I need a block.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With a high tongue weight and a light duty suspension on the tow vehicle, you may have to hook up at a higher height, allowing the rear of the tow vehicle to squat to create a level stance for the trailer.
That indeed can be an issue. But it is not the issue here, at least not as far as the OP's question.
In my case, the factory jack had extended barely enough to raise the tongue to get the trailer sitting flat (leveled). Which is not ideal. Not to mention, when fully extended the OEM jack did not appear stable, more like ready to buckle.

--

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
With hitch ball at proper height for trailer, the tongue Jack is not tall enough to lift off of ball. Anyone else have this issue?
Finally had time to get some pics. Jack is fully extended in close up of hitch and tongue. Other pics show boat hooked up. Ground is almost perfect level, trailer still a lil low at tongue

Attachments

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting, all trailers are not equal.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My ride feels well distributed even if my tow vehicle is a little Ford ExplorerYamaha 210 at home (1).jpg

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice looking set up, here is a before and after of my ride height adjustment.
Beforeupload_2018-8-6_16-53-15.png

Afterupload_2018-8-6_16-53-36.png

DiverScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
With hitch ball at proper height for trailer, the tongue Jack is not tall enough to lift off of ball. Anyone else have this issue?
I swapped mine with an after market from tractor supply. I swapped over the mounting hardware and it has only a tiny bit of extra play, compared to the previous one. The best part is a 14” lift. Also, the new one has grease fittings, a better handle that turns easier and two wheels so it doesn’t sink in the yard.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/traveller-14-in-2000-lb-dual-wheel-trailer-jack?cm_vc=-10005

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have this same issue with the tongue jack, brand new 2020 AR210 with the Shorelandr trailer. Trailer Tongue Jack is made by Dutton-Lainson Company, and it sucks.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Take a look at the Fulton F2 the mount is adjustable for almost the length of the body, just use a large Alan wrench to loose and tighten the mount. The jack itself can be high maintenance but I think they have made some improvements. They do look nice and feel sturdy.

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bubblehead, just so you know - I bought a 2020 AR210, and I had the exact same issue you described. I have an 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee, with a 3 1/2" drop hitch, and could still just barely jack up the trailer high enough to get it on the hitch ball. The trailer jack that comes on our 21ft Shorelandr trailers is GARBAGE. Mine ended up breaking on me (perhaps because I over torked it trying to get it high), and wouldn't go up or down. Right now my jeep is still hitched to the boat, pending a new trailer tongue jack that I just ordered.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For reference.

2017 Ford Expedition, 2" drop. Scaled the Tongue at 9.7% total Weight. Center of receiver is at 18.5" on Expedition. I can get the trailer up several inches at least above the hitch. I only drop less than half an inch when when hooked up.

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I suppose it's also possible that my jack didn't raise up high enough because it had some kind of issue. I mean it did break on me after only 3 uses. I'd probably recommend any owners of that trailer just replace it before it you have an issue. It's a very cheap jack, they sell ones that are 10 times better for only $50. Here's the replacement jack I ordered, which is maybe overkill / overreaction on my part, but it's a pretty important part of the trailer so well worth it in my opinion.