• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show me your Glastron so I'm not so lonely!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The boat looks great. How does Glastron expect its customers to clear debris from the pump? I know, or at least don't think it has a clean out port but does it have a special intake grate or something to help clear vegetation or other debris?

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I've been looking real hard at a new GTS207 (that and the 203 vortex from chap). Probably not going to pull the trigger til next year though. Thanks for the pics, much better than the ones they provide! The closest Glastron dealer here doesn't have any, and simply invited me in to order a 2015 model.
Let me know if you want to see anything else, or have any questions. It is funny, the dealer experience that you received was just like what I got from Chaparral. Actually, the person wasn't even a dealer, just somebody paid to sit by the boat and hand out flyers.

Is the bottle of green fluid coolant?
Yes, the engine has closed cooling circuit.

The boat looks great. How does Glastron expect its customers to clear debris from the pump? I know, or at least don't think it has a clean out port but does it have a special intake grate or something to help clear vegetation or other debris?
Pretty much the same way as SeaDoo did, you crawl underneath and dig the stuff out. The grate seems pretty standard. My old SeaDoo had a cable actuated grate that was supposed to tilt and clear debris, but never really worked well and some experienced tines breaking off and going through the impeller.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Great looking boat! One thing I loved about the Glastron was the classic lines, and the way it felt riding through the chop.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
We also looked very close at the Scarab (which was initially my top choice when we went to the boat show). That hull seemed more dense based on the "bang" test. In the end we went to the 20' instead of the 195, but sometimes I wondered if I should have gotten the Scarab. I am positive you will love it.
The 20' Scarab was a whole new ballpark, with the second engine and huge price jump. Maybe next time, although I am liking the one engine for now.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the pics. I love looking at all of the different models of boats that guys on this site own. It gives me a better idea of things when we are all talking about our boats.

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A little late discovering this thread, but just wanted to say thanks for the detailed and illustrated walkthrough. Really interesting for those of us in the market. Thanks for taking the time!

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
No problem. Let me know if you have anything you specifically want to see.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great Boat - Wonderful color !!
Glad you're here with us !~ Looking forward to hearing more about your Glastron owners experience !
Best Wishes - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
If it runs as good as it did last year I'll be happy.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Forget the boat, i want the truck!

Jmod86

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Noce boat Briwhy, where did you get your MC numbers at. I've found some nice ones on amazon but they don't come with the piece behind the year like yours. Was that piece separate or custom?

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Noce boat Briwhy, where did you get your MC numbers at. I've found some nice ones on amazon but they don't come with the piece behind the year like yours. Was that piece separate or custom?
I bought my numbers off Amazon as well as the plate that holds the sticker. They both came from the same company. Just type in 3D lettering.

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
IMG_20160709_130000.jpg