• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It's time, to winterize. 10 damp rid like containers for $1 each from the dollar store, Plus the anti-pooling system and shipping cover. Already topped off and treated the fuel, emptied the fresh water tank and took in the bimini.
View attachment 65091 View attachment 65092
Ok, so now i wonder... did I just find another use for my home made charcoal? It says charcoal on there and yeah, it would be pure carbon basically! Hmmm.....

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The one that says charcoal on the label and has a black lid has very few black kernels of the thousands of white ones in each container v all white kernels in the other container. I just bought 5 of each because i dont know if one is better than the other.

You could use what you made but im not sure how it would work, i am sure it would be cheaper and easier to use this dollar store product instead.

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another beautiful autumn day today out in the Yamaha, not much color in the leaves yet down here, but the boat makes up for the lack of fall color.

20171010_192251.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have not personally seen any of the 22 wild fires burning in 8 Ncal counties this week but I'm an hour and a half away without traffic and it's been smokey (fog like) outside even here since Monday. Over the last 24 hours I saw the footage of a hotel burning down that I stayed a few months ago, lent my truck to relatives in one of the impacted areas so they could move some of their things out of the danger zone and just got a cancellation (due to poor air quality) notice for my son's cross country meet which was scheduled for this afternoon. It's surreal. There are literally thousands of people that suddenly have no place to live and many have nothing more than they could carry with them when they were evacuated. 3,500 buildings/homes and businesses destroyed, so far.

IMG_0049.JPG

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Feeling Grateful, Lucky and Blessed to wake up to this unique view of the Champlain Valley and Whiteface Mtn. in the Adirondacks of upstate N.Y. You can see the maples just changing at 1200' in elevation. 20171012_104950.jpg
The marina closes Sunday, the Yamaha comes out tomorrow. Been in the water for 5 mos. We will continue to dip the hull, via trailer, until mother nature makes it unbearable.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Feeling Grateful, Lucky and Blessed to wake up to this unique view of the Champlain Valley and Whiteface Mtn. in the Adirondacks of upstate N.Y. You can see the maples just changing at 1200' in elevation. View attachment 65147
The marina closes Sunday, the Yamaha comes out tomorrow. Been in the water for 5 mos. We will continue to dip the hull, via trailer, until mother nature makes it unbearable.
I used to live in Boston and used to go skiing at Jay Peak whenever I could. That was quite a drive, but so worth it!
That view of Adirondacks was a big part of it.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski That is pretty cool! I was born on the south shore, Weymouth. Family originally from Centerville, Hyannis. Jay Peak is now huge, with golf course, indoor water park and of course the gondolla. But it is still an hour and and 15min. drive for me. We usually ski at Smugglers Notch, the back side of one of Stowe's peaks. Its about a 25min. drive. Small world. :thumbsup:

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zipper I was reading your response to Swatski and noted you were born in Weymouth. I was born in Jamaica Plain and then moved to Wollaston (Quincy). Went to North Quincy High and then Northeastern. We now live on the Eastern shore MD but try to go back once a year and stay in Humarock.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@John McLaughlin again small world. I spent a lot of time in Hingham, at my grandparents house in the 60s and 70s. In 75 and 76 I spent weeks there at a hockey school at Pilgrim arena under the wing of the great Bruin and Northeastern coach Fernie Flaman. That was fun, I learned a lot from him. I have Aunts, Uncles and cousins scattered all over between Braintree and Plymouth.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My uncle lived in rouses point, ny. Skied Jay peak many times. We'd take Canadian money because they took it at par. Half price tickets back then.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sea Doo jet boat getting air off the wave of a Supra wake boat. Not my pic, but taken from Supra owners facebook page. Thought it was cool because it's a jet boat.

image1.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As I was paying the registration and inspection process fees for my boat and pwcs this morning (fyi they are $36 for each vehicle, $20 covers two years of registration fees plus $16 for two years of invasive mussel inspection process fees) I noticed the following insert. It currently only applies to my son but i will likely take a boating safety course with him anyway.
IMG_9858.JPG IMG_9859.JPG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I saw another Vol beat down yesterday. Loved it and the weather couldn't have been better! Roll Tide!!

IMG_7024.JPG

IMG_7020.JPG

IMG_7021.JPG

IMG_7022.JPG

IMG_7023.JPG

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmmmm....reckon that’s within towing capacity?

DE94B0B4-070B-41AD-8323-E54DEB51CF28.jpeg