• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I remember those days and the worse part was we had to work bingo to raise funds when everyone smoked.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sometimes, most of the time, those dam germans just won't import what you want, so you have to make it yourself.

IMG_20180605_190841.jpg

Yes, that's a clutch pedal and an automatic shifter. The brake pedal will be replaced with the correct one next, and the shifter assembly shortly thereafter...with other proper accompanying parts, of course. Every A3/S3/RS3 Audi imported after 2015 is DSG only. While the DSG is a fantastic transmission, sometimes, you just wanna do it yourself. Not to mention, I wanna break 60mpg out of this car, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen if I can make all this fit and function. Unfortunately, noone else has done and documented this swap anywhere that I can find, so I'm kinda just going through some trial and error at this point.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, that's a clutch pedal and an automatic shifter. The brake pedal will be replaced with the correct one next, and the shifter assembly shortly thereafter...with other proper accompanying parts, of course. Every A3/S3/RS3 Audi imported after 2015 is DSG only. While the DSG is a fantastic transmission, sometimes, you just wanna do it yourself. Not to mention, I wanna break 60mpg out of this car, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen if I can make all this fit and function. Unfortunately, noone else has done and documented this swap anywhere that I can find, so I'm kinda just going through some trial and error at this point.
Oh, The Things @veedubtek can do!

And we know he's doing all'that just to save the Earth, lol.
:D

--

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm hugging my favorite trees right now.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The first mate, ahh, I mean Captain securing the jib halyard while we worked on the boat today. The marina moved the boat to the fuel dock from the mooring so we would not sink the dinghy with all the stuff we put on the boat today.
20180606_131125.jpg
I guess we both have something for boats with swim platforms.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally on the water, now. After working on the Beneteau for the last month and fixing the tow rig for the last 6 wks...changed the oil last night and put the Yamaha on the lake this afternoon.
20180607_154048.jpg
Fresh off the ramp and making my way thru a no wake zone.
20180608_124634.jpg
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC First impressions of the "mega fangs", love them, accuracy and response in reverse is impressive in a crosswind. Greatly improved control in reverse, thank you sir, well done.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is just ballast, officer!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s cool as long as you don’t exceed the capacity number on the placard and everyone has a vest right? Although I don’t recall any boats of this size having a capacity over 15. I wonder what an over capacity ticket costs but don’t want to find out that way.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In a ford dealership and saw this
F51BF073-A5C4-433D-A8F0-5077C2D45A16.jpeg
While waiting on paper work a guy wrote the owner who also owns the dealership a check for $300k. The owner turned it down by ripping the check in half, laughing the whole time.

Also saw this new gt350 and raptor both with $83k sticker prices.

0D99CE93-80C0-4261-90DA-CB67F1ABE99A.jpeg
65FEA743-2403-48B9-A15B-B7FF248DBBD7.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2000 XP Limited w/a 135 hp, 951 Cc motor. One of the last great 2 strokes IMHO. Very responsive but also very prone to tipping over and difficult to reboard for many.
@veedubtek , just curious as to what those sell for on the East Coast. Here that pwc sells for about $3k w/o the trailer and any time of the year.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ronnie - I got it for $1000 w/trailer. Needed a serious cleaning, seat, traction mats, etc... I did hear it run, but just for a second. No clue if she's water ready or not. Scrubbed a bunch last night, and headed out to get a battery soon. I wanna at least set the other bunks up and move her over, no clue wtf is going on with the bunks it's sitting on now. Hopefully it runs out well, it's a cool ski. I'll likely give both some much needed TLC and thorough testing, play with it for a few weeks, and likely sell for ~2800-ish with trailer here pending final outcome.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My daughter's final dance recital ever and this past Monday at her softball game she decided to try and get on ESPN top ten by chasing a fly ball full speed into a fence and messing up her ankle, bad part is she didn t make the catch. This was a dance with 2 other seniors. Funny thing is that 2 days before her very first recital she broke her collar bone and danced with a sling on.

20180609_200411.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Kid had a flat down my street in his mom's masarati.
I walk over with a jack and cordless impact and we swap it out once we find his locking lug adapter.
Find out these new sports cars come with like super deflated tires. They give you a pump but his cigarette lighter was loose and didn't run the pump so i nosed up tight to his bumper and it ran great off my old ford.20180609_200751.jpgguy in picture was someone from the party he was at. Tools mine lol.
Kid was 21 and learned a lot about his car.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wish my mom had a Maserati I could learn on. I would try to do a lot of home work.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A great 3 days of boating, on 2 boats, for us this weekend on the "West shore of New England".
Put the Yamaha at her slip for the summer on Fri.
20180608_162723.jpg
On Sat., drove down to the Beneteau for a "sea trial" took her for a ride to check things out.
20180609_143046.jpg
And Sun. Took the Yamaha out again, great weather.
20180610_135605.jpg
On Sat., a bad day for a few folks, there was one incident at our marinas gas dock. After refueling this boat caught fire and the occupants jumped overboard as it drifted toward shore and got caught on another moored boat. Sitting on the beach now.
FB_IMG_1528654728141.jpg
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://mobile.twitter.com/wcax/status/1005602514098642945&ved=2ahUKEwjp1sTVvsvbAhVMzVMKHXOiD2MQFjABegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0L_1djpQYXgJeJmmKweif-

Attachments