• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

@swatski we did the Intrepid museum the last time we were in NYC when we saw you. Very cool! We, meaning me and the kids, love crawling all over old ships like this one. We have one of our own here in Texas, on the coast obviously, in Corpus Christi. We did an Escape room challenge when we went last.

I went to the Utah Boat show Saturday evening. There's got to be a lesson here about not putting one's self in the path of temptation because this kind of thing happens:
20220212_215120-01.jpeg

20220213_133431-01.jpeg
20220213_133446-01.jpeg
Truthfully, we had no intentions of buying anything. We thought we were looking at boats we might consider a year from now. This S220 was a great value in comparison to everything else we looked at and they made me a great trade-in offer. I hope we get a lot of good use out of it this season.

Mind if I stick around and troll jetboaters.net as a jetboat fan? It'll be a hard day leaving my first boat... I love the dang thing and we're leaving on good terms!

For anyone in the market for a surf ready 2016 AR240 she not listed anywhere yet, but will be available thru Boardco Boats. (Boat details in signature)

I went to the Utah Boat show Saturday evening. There's got to be a lesson here about not putting one's self in the path of temptation because this kind of thing happens:
View attachment 171159

View attachment 171160
View attachment 171161
Truthfully, we had no intentions of buying anything. We thought we were looking at boats we might consider a year from now. This S220 was a great value in comparison to everything else we looked at and they made me a great trade-in offer. I hope we get a lot of good use out of it this season.

Mind if I stick around and troll jetboaters.net as a jetboat fan? It'll be a hard day leaving my first boat... I love the dang thing and we're leaving on good terms!

For anyone in the market for a surf ready 2016 AR240 she not listed anywhere yet, but will be available thru Boardco Boats. (Boat details in signature)

You are in good company. They let me troll the bo(a)ts after we sold our Yamaha this past Summer. We miss her at times. Very nice second boat. Is there a V-drive under there in the pictures? It looks like it is layed on the hull. Your son is psyched with the new toy. Another one gone to the dark side.

You are in good company. They let me troll the bo(a)ts after we sold our Yamaha this past Summer. We miss her at times. Very nice second boat. Is there a V-drive under there in the pictures? It looks like it is layed on the hull. Your son is psyched with the new toy. Another one gone to the dark side.
Thanks! Sailor trolls, like yourself, tend to be humble and courteous folk, I will strive to be the same. Yes sir, she's a V-drive. They pulled the prop to get it low for the show. The 4 year old is probably the most psyched, Lol! I think I'm on the excessive amount of metal flake side... look west in the evening and you might see a copper glow on the horizon from your hilltop. ?

Last edited:
Lovely boat. The one thing that may make it so I never sell my boat is that fantastic huge bimini. Everything else seems so tiny in comparison.

20220214_194251.jpg20220214_192453.jpg

The youngest has really taken a shine to car mechanics, this is the neighbor's 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor, it's rolling junker but a great platform for us to learn on, they plan on giving it away when their son earns enough to buy a car,
changed out the blend door actuator motor so they now have a choice of hot or cold air again,

Would dust caps keep the grease off the rim?
Yes, I just haven’t gotten any yet. The idea was that these bearing buddies let me know if the bearing needs grease (when I don’t see a blue ring the bearing is empty or closer to it). I won’t be able to tell by just looking at them once I put dust caps/rubber covers over them. Bottom line I blew the seal by adding too much grease now I’ve got to spend more and do more than I would have if I just used standard bearing buddies.

The only thing worse than full enough is over filled and of course I didn’t where the line was until grease started oozing out of the side of the bearing.

View attachment 171195View attachment 171196

The youngest has really taken a shine to car mechanics, this is the neighbor's 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor, it's rolling junker but a great platform for us to learn on, they plan on giving it away when their son earns enough to buy a car,
changed out the blend door actuator motor so they now have a choice of hot or cold air again,
Nice! Great way to save an hour of shop labor fees. I had my son pay for the service once which made him want to do it himself with my help the second time around (both his cars).

View attachment 171159

View attachment 171160
View attachment 171161

OMG
SO AWESOME!!!

--

View attachment 171159

View attachment 171160
View attachment 171161

That’s a badass looking boat.

Yes, I just haven’t gotten any yet. The idea was that these bearing buddies let me know if the bearing needs grease (when I don’t see a blue ring the bearing is empty or closer to it). I won’t be able to tell by just looking at them once I put dust caps/rubber covers over them. Bottom line I blew the seal by adding too much grease now I’ve got to spend more and do more than I would have if I just used standard bearing buddies.

The only thing worse than full enough is over filled and of course I didn’t where the line was until grease started oozing out of the side of the bearing.

I had a couple of bearing buddy's stop holding grease once. As it lost grease, the blue part would push out, pushing the cap out too. Pushed it out and lost it on the way to the ramp. Slung grease everywhere. Made a temporary one out of vinyl tape while I awaited a new one. You will be able to see if the cap has been pushed out by the bearing buddy.

20170510_083759.jpg

This one was going bad, the blue part will pull in as an indicator of needing grease.

20170510_083818.jpg

This was the wheel in front of it.

20170510_083837.jpg

I have an extra one in my trailer spare parts box.

20220215_184235.jpg20220215_184215.jpg

Last edited:
@swatski - have you visited the USS Battleship New Jersey in Camden yet. Also very cool.
Those old ships are absolutely amazing.

View attachment 171159

View attachment 171160
View attachment 171161

SWEET

I had a couple of bearing buddy's stop holding grease once. As it lost grease, the blue part would push out, pushing the cap out too. Pushed it out and lost it on the way to the ramp. Slung grease everywhere. Made a temporary one out of vinyl tape while I awaited a new one. You will be able to see if the cap has been pushed out by the bearing buddy.

View attachment 171210

These were going bad, the blue part will push out the cap as an indicator of needing grease.

View attachment 171216

View attachment 171215

View attachment 171213View attachment 171214
Mine work the opposite way. That is, when they are full of grease the blue part extends outward. As grease is used up the blue part sinks back into the bearing buddy. I may just go back to the standard bearing buddies, I like the way my current units look but not how they leak/cause a mess.

View attachment 171159

View attachment 171160
View attachment 171161

Very nice. Congrats! That gold flake is gonna really pop in the sun. Which motor does it have?

@swatski - have you visited the USS Battleship New Jersey in Camden yet. Also very cool.
Those old ships are absolutely amazing.
Thank you Sir!
Please keep us posted. We absolutely love it here.

View attachment 171159

View attachment 171160
View attachment 171161

New surfing movies coming up, soon, correct???!!!

BTW - this is the classiest sparkling (whatever the word is) boat, ever.

--

Very nice. Congrats! That gold flake is gonna really pop in the sun. Which motor does it have?
Thanks! Probably a bolder color than I would have picked had I designed it... which I think is a good thing. I wasn't sure at first, but I'm digging on it now.

It's got the 6.0L PCM (gm) motor. 409 hp 440 ft/lbs of torque. Should be a strong with a loaded boat.

New surfing movies coming up, soon, correct???!!!

BTW - this is the classiest sparkling (whatever the word is) boat, ever.

--
She's bedazzled with all the "Pretty Penny" metal flake they had left I think... lol!

I'll definitely be taking some video. Surfing and wakeboarding behind this thing should be better than behind anything else I've experienced. Looking forward to it.

Thank you all! I'm pinching myself. New boats are fun.

20220216_070042.jpg

View attachment 171210

These were going bad, the blue part will push out the cap as an indicator of needing grease.

View attachment 171216

View attachment 171215

View attachment 171213View attachment 171214

Well, kinda remember correctly what I posted 5 years ago on this topic. The blue piston pushed out past the snap ring when needing grease and retracts into the hub when full of grease. I have not had to revisit this after I changed them out. Appology for my lack of memory and confusion.

Last edited:
I love this guys channel. This yacht is so cleverly done and extreme detail it’s just amazing. Love the sky lights in the guest rooms and all the other tricks they pulled off on this design.

Back