• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Record high expected in Southern Delaware today:

Sunny

°F°C
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 59%
Wind: 12 mph
weather.com

Gotta do something (anything) outside today!

Jim

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just checking out all the telemetry my gen 8 sleep number mattress collects. I recently replaced my gen 1 after over 15 years of use. The model is self adjusting, just as good if not better, and the prices haven’t changed much in 15 years, $3,500 for a queen size.
7E7C5937-506A-46C2-831C-97201A412A2A.png400B9B10-0D3F-4144-8E45-82F307013043.png3E39B662-CAA9-454F-8F24-885792E8D28C.png26A66862-7F1F-4807-BF5C-C0348184AC3D.png

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s supposed to rain hard thorough this weekend, makes me glad I’m done stripping this thing for parts. I will be happier still when I finally dispose of the empty hull. Every time I see it now my arms and neck start to itch (from all the fiberglass dust developed while cutting parts off), its like I have a BTD (boat transmitted disease).
B3866825-B848-47FF-A264-52C8CFA0B971.jpeg

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just checking out all the telemetry my gen 8 sleep number mattress collects. I recently replaced my gen 1 after over 15 years of use. The model is self adjusting, just as good if not better, and the prices haven’t changed much in 15 years, $3,500 for a queen size.
View attachment 194925View attachment 194926View attachment 194927View attachment 194928
Dude.....those bed exits are concerning. Only time I see that kind of bed exit telemetry on my Sleep Number report is when I get a hold of some bad Mexican food combined with too much desert chardonnay (tequila)!! You might need to get that prostate checked bud!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Starting to tear the old pool apart to make room for the new one.
View attachment 194963
What's the reason for swapping it out? I remember doing 2 pool setups for others, and that was enough to put me off ever wanting to deal with a third, for anyone lol

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie @BigN8 and anyone else with a sleep number bed, what has been your experience, good AND bad with them? I almost went with one, two beds ago, and the wife talked me out of it. With her neck, nerve & back issues slowly getting worse, I'm very close to not involving her on the next purchase and finally going with a sleep number. She doesn't realize that the $$$ spent on those 2 beds equal the cost of the sleep number.

The base is my only concern, but I don't need/want anything other than a platform, and I've got a base that I can easily finish out into a platform, which seems to be suitable and exactly what they offer.

Putting sheets on, easy, different, same as "regular"...? Where is the pump stored, is the cord set in a fixed position, other pump/cord things to consider?

Is it one large chamber (baffled, from what I can tell), or is it similar to two beds slid together, meaning is there a rolling towards the center?

All in all, I wish we had gone that route, and it's looking like we will be replacing this one this year or next

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dude.....those bed exits are concerning. Only time I see that kind of bed exit telemetry on my Sleep Number report is when I get a hold of some bad Mexican food combined with too much desert chardonnay (tequila)!! You might need to get that prostate checked bud!
According to my md its my blood pressure meds.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie @BigN8 and anyone else with a sleep number bed, what has been your experience, good AND bad with them? I almost went with one, two beds ago, and the wife talked me out of it. With her neck, nerve & back issues slowly getting worse, I'm very close to not involving her on the next purchase and finally going with a sleep number. She doesn't realize that the $$$ spent on those 2 beds equal the cost of the sleep number.

The base is my only concern, but I don't need/want anything other than a platform, and I've got a base that I can easily finish out into a platform, which seems to be suitable and exactly what they offer.

Putting sheets on, easy, different, same as "regular"...? Where is the pump stored, is the cord set in a fixed position, other pump/cord things to consider?

Is it one large chamber (baffled, from what I can tell), or is it similar to two beds slid together, meaning is there a rolling towards the center?

All in all, I wish we had gone that route, and it's looking like we will be replacing this one this year or next
Our experience overall has been great. We would not have gone back for a second bed otherwise. Our first gen was basic by comparison. The mattress had a lifetime warranty but the pump went dead and rather than repair or replace it we decided to upgrade instead. The old pump was loud the new pump is very quiet. We chose th standard top over the memory foam after trying both, th standard just felt softer. Th game changer in th new one for us is the self adjusting feature, I haven’t slept this well in years, but the ability to have different firmnesses side to side and a vary it at will is what sets these mattresses apart from the competition, I have seen over the years that I gradually wanted a softer mattress, and if I had a standard one I’d have to replace it to change the firmness, and my wife and I would have to agree on what would work for both of us, that is what we could live with but not love.

They offer a king size model that is split down the middle at the top end which allows each side to raise and recline separately. To use this feature you have to buy and use their stand. If you add in the heated feature it’s a $10,000 bed, before taxes and accessories, no b.s. still, if this on broke tomorrow, we would have another on order by tomorrow night. That’s another thing their store don’t stock them, it’s takes 4 to 6 weeks between order and delivery.

as for the mattress itself, it’s two air bags positioned next to each other surrounded by foam sides and a foam top. You can set it on the floor, a box spring or futon/standard frame. Th air hoses exit the bottom front and don’t need any extra room / are hard to crush but the bed needs to be within 8 feet of a socket for the pump. Putting on sheets is no different Than a standard mattress. They offer a stand alone wireless remote but it was on back order at the time and I think most people prefer using their phones with the sleep number app instead.

not cheap but worth it especially considering how much time the average person spends in bed. From a first world perspective think about how much time you spend in your boat, car, office chair, at the dinner table on the couch compared to in bed.

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's the reason for swapping it out? I remember doing 2 pool setups for others, and that was enough to put me off ever wanting to deal with a third, for anyone lol
This pool is a bottom end one with missing pieces, a rip in the metal wall that’s been patched already, broken plumbing and needs a new liner. With all of that and what we don’t see we figured we might as well get a new one.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My wife has medical issues as well, so about 15 years ago, we got our first adjustable bed. Not a fancy name brand one, but it does have a three-way base. We spend a lot of time in bed, as we usually watch our late TV shows there.

We have been really happy with the fact that our king bed, is actually two XL twin beds, rather than a single base and mattress. This allows my wife and I to put our beds at whatever position we like and neither of us is a prisoner of the other. Another advantage of two beds is that when we buy new mattresses for the base, we each buy the mattress that we like.

Jim

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm trying to pretend that taking wildlife pictures while I walk my dog in 9 degree weather is almost as good as boating. The "wow, it's really pretty outside this morning" crap only gets you through so many months of this shit. But getting a shot like this helps a little...

1677346495788.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Two days ago, we set a record high of 79 degrees.

No short sleeves today, :p

FADF82C7-A848-4E06-B29E-2FFCA53CFB5F.jpeg

Jim

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Love our sleep number. Get the king size with split frames and mattresses. I love the fact that if she is restless I don’t feel a thing. One huge benefit is if you or her have indigestion you can slightly raise the head a little and it basically quiets your indigestion and you can sleep. You’ll be paranoid about finding the right number at first but don’t sweat it, you’ll naturally get to the number that best suits you. I’m a 50-55. She’s a 40.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We didn’t even get that much in Ocean Pines however it certainly was not short sleeve day.
Guess that new snow blower is doing a pretty good job of keeping the snow away! :)

I am happy that my snow shovel is sitting in the garage accumulating more and more dust.

Jim

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finished pulling the fence posts, knocked the concrete off of them and was able to reuse every one. Got them all reset with concrete mix and probably start putting the fence back up tomorrow.
33F9AC18-9702-4E9E-9E53-AB8EE3AAF0A8.jpeg