• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife and I are chilling in Philipsburg, St. Maarten, waiting for the crew to get the ship ready for us to leave. No excursions for us, today, as we will just visit the shops and walk the beach. No other ships in port today, so should be very pleasant in town. Partly cloudy but otherwise a beautiful day!View attachment 196309

Jim
We have been to St Martin many times, generally stayed at the Grand Case Beach Club. Although we have stayed at the Pasanggrahan on Front street. Haven’t been back since the last hurricane in ‘18-19. Heard the airport is a mess but supposed to be completed in early ‘24 and then be the envy of the Caribbean. After you get back please update on the conditions of the airport and the island in general. I look forward to going back! The photo with our kid is a favorite of mine but he is now 30! Opps, I just saw that you are a day tripper so you won’t know about the airport, still like to hear about the general condition of the island though….

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20230326_193912.jpg

spring time in Texas ! the Blue bonnets are starting to bloom ! this is from my neighbors front yard but all along the highways you can just start to see a subtle blue tint in in the grass

@buckbuck - enjoy the beauty

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Man, the ocean is big and empty. We are currently about 1100 miles east of Bermuda. After three full days at sea, since leaving St. Maarten, we are pretty close to the middle of the Atlantic. Seas picked up a bit today and we were told that we had 4 foot seas with 13 foot swells, it’s a slow motion roll when we cross these.

Haven’t seen anything but water for the last 3 days, until I spied this on the horizon:
57C3D3D6-2197-41D7-A02A-325462F982F6.jpeg
this is 14X magnification with my iPhone.

It’s nice to nice internet service, even if streaming is not available. We have been using Facebook messenger for calls to our daughter to keep in contact as satellite phone service is pretty expensive.

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
View attachment 196521

spring time in Texas ! the Blue bonnets are starting to bloom ! this is from my neighbors front yard but all along the highways you can just start to see a subtle blue tint in in the grass

When I lived in Texas, I loved seeing the wildflowers in the Spring - be it the pastures full of blue bonnets or the highway medians with a mix of wildflowers.

Jim

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Almost overflowed the 8000 gallons of storage today. The truck arrived 15 mins after and took 5400 gallons of it.

0B4689AE-8CBB-4101-B19B-641BF4696EAB.jpeg

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I tried to clean up the badly oxidized paint on a car my son just inherited. Only took me about 15 minutes before I said screw this but not before I rubbed the paint right off the spot I was focusing on, wel close to it anyway. Thankfully the paint was already shot but I’m taking this as a sign that I should not try this again.
FCE8F0C8-F1A2-44FE-B8DA-E17A7ACD1841.jpegF923E922-5B33-4A46-9B1C-57B8F53DDE83.jpeg5CAE46BD-87B2-4874-8640-E517D0D6761D.jpeg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
View attachment 196521

I am loving this Texas life. I am currently rebuilding the front flower beds and looking for recommendations on low maintenance color to make for good curb appeal.

jthackman

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
we've hung out at doc's...cool place.
really like downtown looahville

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am loving this Texas life. I am currently rebuilding the front flower beds and looking for recommendations on low maintenance color to make for good curb appeal.
What area of Texas?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Farny I am in the Fort Worth area. Do you have landscape suggestions?