• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw this a few years back in a Florida Sportfishing Magazine and thought about it for the pond in my backyard. Doesn’t take the weeds up but cuts them down. Looks like something you could almost “troll” behind a small boat.
So we actually have a bad weed problem in our Creek, and one neighbor isn't physically able to keep up with manual removal, so he's willing to spend everyone else's money for treating the water with chemicals.

I have a generic version of that weed razer, as well as their Muck Razer, and a rake for removal. Two other neighbors have the Weed Razer. I will report back to you about whether or not towing it would work, but I can definitely point to it not being that simple, given the size, and how things don't seem to work as perfectly in real life.

There's an underwater "fan" or blower that works spectacularly, for an outrageous price, and it IS limited in distance. The touristy areas in my state use these with great effectiveness, but I see them as a Thurston Howell accessory. P.S. You're old if you get that reference.

@Coult45 I'll shoot you some pics, and let you know how my stuff works. At the end of the day, that fan/blower might end up being quite cost effective

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So we actually have a bad weed problem in our Creek, and one neighbor isn't physically able to keep up with manual removal, so he's willing to spend everyone else's money for treating the water with chemicals.

I have a generic version of that weed razer, as well as their Muck Razer, and a rake for removal. Two other neighbors have the Weed Razer. I will report back to you about whether or not towing it would work, but I can definitely point to it not being that simple, given the size, and how things don't seem to work as perfectly in real life.

There's an underwater "fan" or blower that works spectacularly, for an outrageous price, and it IS limited in distance. The touristy areas in my state use these with great effectiveness, but I see them as a Thurston Howell accessory. P.S. You're old if you get that reference.

@Coult45 I'll shoot you some pics, and let you know how my stuff works. At the end of the day, that fan/blower might end up being quite cost effective
Funny, we have a weed problem here too. You can smell it everywhere around the marina, oh, you are talking about a different weed. :banghead: LOL

Last edited:

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

unfortunately, I am old enough to get that reference.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Nice! Don't forget to get your invasive species sticker or the popo are gonna write you up.
Talked to the Town of Naples this morning. Milfoil Sticker $45.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@kgower - will you be making your way down the Songo to Big Sebago?
We debated Songo with the grandkids. We went under the bridge at Naples today but didn't get very far. Tomorrow we have local family visiting. If the weather changes for the weekend we could try to get down that way.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well I said I wouldn't be doing this anymore, but apparently my old friends careers have gone better than mine. They're all buying nice expensive cars and want me to do the ceramic for them after their PPF jobs. This one was pretty easy. Full PPF job and I didn't have to do the prep prior to the PPF. Instead of 30-40 hours this one was only 10 or so. The door jambs for the most part were PPFed so they were coated as well. This is how you start off a new car. He didn't even drive it to the PPF place, had it trailered enclosed. So it has maybe 30 miles on it now from the shop to my house.
20230622_163800.jpg20230622_162315.jpg20230622_162305.jpg20230622_162251.jpg20230622_162243.jpg20230622_162232.jpg20230622_162155.jpg20230622_162136.jpg20230622_161226.jpg20230622_155413.jpg20230622_155408.jpg20230622_155402.jpg20230622_155352.jpg20230622_155347.jpg20230622_114748.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, tough to follow a post with a new Lexus RC 500 (Hubrid or full electric?) but here goes, I’m setting up to put pin stripes (aka a thin strip or wrap / paint protective film) on my boat tomorrow before work. I’d things go smoothly I think I can get it done in 45 minutes, so I budgeted an hour and a half. I’m
also going to add the fender mounts pictured but
not until tomorrow night, after work.
IMG_2699.jpegIMG_2700.jpeg
Back to wrapping or adding PPF on cars. Here in CA installers are charging up $800 tint a Tesla, $1,500 to wrap a sports car with very thin material and $2,000 to install PPF/apply a clear bra to the front end and mirrors. They do the entire job in two days or less but if it’s not my day job and I have to do this on the side in my free time, I’d have to charge a lot as well. If I lost my job tomorrow, I think I’d open a home window tinting business.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well I said I wouldn't be doing this anymore, but apparently my old friends careers have gone better than mine. They're all buying nice expensive cars and want me to do the ceramic for them after their PPF jobs. This one was pretty easy. Full PPF job and I didn't have to do the prep prior to the PPF. Instead of 30-40 hours this one was only 10 or so. The door jambs for the most part were PPFed so they were coated as well. This is how you start off a new car. He didn't even drive it to the PPF place, had it trailered enclosed. So it has maybe 30 miles on it now from the shop to my house.
View attachment 202603View attachment 202604View attachment 202605View attachment 202606View attachment 202607View attachment 202608View attachment 202609View attachment 202610View attachment 202611View attachment 202612View attachment 202613View attachment 202614View attachment 202615View attachment 202616View attachment 202617
lol I'm thinking the same. My friend bought that Lexus and the brother of a friend bought the McLaren that probably is 300k. And I'm like "wait, ya'll making money like that?" But I can't help but to feel blessed for what I have. I'm not sure if I would trade my life. There's always going to be someone with more money than me.

Last night in this apartment and I'm going to USA today. I think i'll be back in 1 or 2 months. Also I finally got my title, it comes as this card, it took a while to get it because the previous owner had a loan on the car. What a process..

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

Last edited:

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
lol I'm thinking the same. My friend bought that Lexus and the brother of a friend bought the McLaren that probably is 300k. And I'm like "wait, ya'll making money like that?" But I can't help but to feel blessed for what I have. I'm not sure if I would trade my life. There's always going to be someone with more money than me.
Over the years as I have been following this this forum I cannot help but think how lucky we all are. The beautiful boats opportunity to spend time on the water and most important to be able to do it with our family and friends. I am personally thankful everyday for my wife and nd my family And the opportunity to spend time with them. I guess what I am trying to say is do not measure our life in just the amount of money or toys we have but with the joys that our family and friends bring to the table.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Over the years as I have been following this this forum I cannot help but think how lucky we all are. The beautiful boats opportunity to spend time on the water and most important to be able to do it with our family and friends. I am personally thankful everyday for my wife and nd my family And the opportunity to spend time with them. I guess what I am trying to say is do not measure our life in just the amount of money or toys we have but with the joys that our family and friends bring to the table.
Not just family, but ever notice when you drive a car that everyone is always angry, but when you are in a boat, ever person will wave and acknowledge the similarities. Being on the water is like a completely different world and brings people together.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not just family, but ever notice when you drive a car that everyone is always angry, but when you are in a boat, ever person will wave and acknowledge the similarities. Being on the water is like a completely different world and brings people together.
Except at crowded boat ramps everywhere.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree with this but let’s not call it luck. I’ve always been told and agree the definition of luck is the result of opportunity and hard work. So be thankful for your opportunities, recognize them when they come around, and don’t waste any. Thank your parents for instilling hard work in you.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Except at crowded boat ramps everywhere.
That’s why I do an early in/early out lol. Get out before the weekend warriors come by.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oil change in the tow rig this morning.

5B95C1D4-2A1C-48EE-8E78-CD9388585ED7.jpeg

3ADAB4AC-692C-4FB5-AD7D-F821C7494175.jpeg

A9975486-1BDE-49F2-82E1-76F3B1CE5DFF.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I follow the computer in the Yukon XL for oil life. I also use 0W-20 full synthetic and average about 5500-6500 miles between changes based on the oil life % on the dash. How many miles do you usually go between changes?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think the dash indicates around 4.5-5k mile change interval. I check color on the stick and I reset it. The last oil change was done by the dealer with 10k mile full synthetic oil. I went 8k miles. This new oil is rated for 20k miles, but 10k might be all I am comfy with. Will see how the oil looks before then. This change was due, I am pretty easy on this truck, my duramax worked a lot harder pulling hay wagons up Hardscrabble hill.

Last edited:

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Speaking of oil changes, does anyine else own a 2021 or newer Ford F-150? I learned the hard way that there is no "dummy" light for when an oil change is due. They just wont start if it goes below, I believe, 20%. You have to manually pull it up on the settings. Am I missing something?

When mine dropped below 20%, engine would not start until I reset the oil life manually. It then started and I got it changed.