• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did a repair on one of my 1” mainlines today that I found on the ground for nearly its entire 300’ run. Found a failed high tensile “Gripple” at a splice in the wire. I don’t usually use these for this reason, but it is what the installers used. I have been tying high tensile for 30+ years and never had a splice fail. Just need to trim the bitter ends.

View attachment 214668
View attachment 214667

I got it back up and repiched the line. Tapped all the drops/trees on that line.
Beautiful day in the woods. Clear skies.
View attachment 214669
You can see the iced over Mallets Bay, inner and outer, lower left to right. If you look closer, you will see a change in color, open water on the broad lake side of the Colchester RR causeway aka Bike path.
Are you getting a good sap run in right now before it gets colder again next week?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you getting a good sap run in right now before it gets colder again next week?
No, too cold even with the sun. We have a Northerly wind which will not let the sap flow. Low 30's today and the trees I drilled were not dripping sap.

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wife’s mother is moving into assisted living and out of the house that she’s been in for the last 40+ years. We had to drive 7 hours there to clean out her basement for a few days and then 7 hours back. In all it totally sucked but I did find two bottles of 1995 (29 years old) of Bourbon 🥃 that I took as my payment.

IMG_2685.jpeg
IMG_2690.jpeg
IMG_2689.jpeg
IMG_2688.jpeg
IMG_2687.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Wife’s mother is moving into assisted living and out of the house that she’s been in for the last 40+ years. We had to drive 7 hours there to clean out her basement for a few days and then 7 hours back. In all it totally sucked but I did find two bottles of 1995 (29 years old) of Bourbon 🥃 that I took as my payment.

View attachment 214676
View attachment 214677
View attachment 214678
View attachment 214679
View attachment 214680
What’s a basement lol. Good score on the bourbon, and I’m guessing the beer cases in picture 5 are only storage and the contents have been consumed?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That basement combined with the hangar tangle gave me a touch of anxiety!!!

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No, too cold even with the sun. We have a Northerly wind which will not let the sap flow. Low 30's today and the trees I drilled were not dripping sap.
I'm always surprised how much colder it is there, even though you're only a little further north. We'll see 50 thur/fri/saturday.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just as I was about to sit down and take Sunday afternoon off I got this text from my bother. Ended up buying and installing a toilet in our Mom’s house a few hours later.

Edit: the first one we picked out was a basic model for $100, the basket of golf ball claim convinced us to spend $250.
Unless she cracks the tank like that old one, she'll have that new one for quite a while.

Does she keep shoving forks into the disposal, or what? I know you're probably done with the job, but you might want to shut the power off to the disposal, and open it up and tighten (or strip to new copper) the wires to that disposal, and double-check and tighten the strain relief for the wire going into it. Unless she really IS running forks in there, there's not much to stop them other than electrical issues

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm always surprised how much colder it is there, even though you're only a little further north. We'll see 50 thur/fri/saturday.
He's got the perfect mix of positioning to beat him over the head! 4 hours north of me could mean a 30 degree swing, and south could be 20 degrees and a pile of crap. Similar situation, but I'm on the positive side of positions for me.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unless she cracks the tank like that old one, she'll have that new one for quite a while.

Does she keep shoving forks into the disposal, or what? I know you're probably done with the job, but you might want to shut the power off to the disposal, and open it up and tighten (or strip to new copper) the wires to that disposal, and double-check and tighten the strain relief for the wire going into it. Unless she really IS running forks in there, there's not much to stop them other than electrical issues
We just had to clear some chicken bones out and hit the reset button on the bottom, that was the easy job. We bought a toilet with a round seat initially so had to exchange it for one with an elongated seat to work with the bidet she has.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

View attachment 214676
View attachment 214677
View attachment 214678
View attachment 214679
View attachment 214680
Looks like Pittsburgh area?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Swapped my halogen bulbs out in my car with LED.
IMG_5105.jpegIMG_5106.jpegIMG_5109.jpegIMG_5113.jpegIMG_5111.jpegIMG_5107.jpegIMG_5114.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Need to make sure you’re not blinding the oncoming traffic. Might need adjustment
I was afraid of that, but comparing to my wife’s Yukon, these are less intense than hers.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone knows what this is… like a barge with 3 poles that anchored itself and elevated using the poles…about 300 yds off the beach. Looks like oil drilling platform lol. View attachment 214779View attachment 214780
Most likely a dredge barge. Is there a pass nearby?

Did you post this pic on a Space Launch FB Page? LOL -- I saw the same pic there.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Most likely a dredge barge. Is there a pass nearby?

Did you post this pic on a Space Launch FB Page? LOL -- I saw the same pic there.
No i did not post in FB but its near Sebastian Inlet so lots of local and tourist there fishing that might have taken similar pic. I was about a mile south of the inlet and been there for a week, I dont see any activity, I run at the beach every day. In my perspective it was south of the inlet but maybe its at the mouth dredging its hard to see distance in open space like ocean its misleading sometimes.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No i did not post in FB but its near Sebastian Inlet so lots of local and tourist there fishing that might have taken similar pic. I was about a mile south of the inlet and been there for a week, I dont see any activity, I run at the beach every day. In my perspective it was south of the inlet but maybe its at the mouth dredging its hard to see distance in open space like ocean its misleading sometimes.
They are probably between jobs or just waiting out the windy weather.