• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was going to put new head gaskets on the riding lawnmower because it was billowing smoke
Watched a couple YouTube and was ready to try it

Came apart pretty easy
IMG_4855.jpeg

Putting it back on
Using torque wrench for the first time I got from a neighbors estate sale
It said 25nm
I was set at 20nm for the first go round and it snapped a bolt

IMG_4859.jpeg

Now I get to experience removing a broken bolt

IMG_4858.jpegIMG_4857.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was going to put new head gaskets on the riding lawnmower because it was billowing smoke
Watched a couple YouTube and was ready to try it

Came apart pretty easy
View attachment 216751

Putting it back on
It said 25nm

View attachment 216752

Now I get to experience removing a broken bolt

View attachment 216753View attachment 216754
Can’t catch a break can you

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So my new Spring tradition (now that I'm 23 days into retirement) is to wait for @zipper to come out of hibernation, go deep into his maples, see his shadow, and declare that Winter is over. Then I'm going to hook up the camper and head south to wait out the storm he's called down on us. The three pictures are:

1. my poor truck relaxing in our DC campsite after getting us out of the Syracuse storm on Thursday.
  2. my driveway today, looks like 4"-6"
  3. Cherry blossoms in DC. Nailed peak this year.
View attachment 216744

View attachment 216745

View attachment 216746
Congratulations on your retirement! 🎉

Looks like you are enjoying it.

Jim

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Finally done. That swirly slide was a sum bitch! Instructions sucked hardcore on that. Eventually threw them to the side and did it by the final picture and it went better. Still sucked, but better. View attachment 216776
Looks great! Bigger questions are:
1. How many beers was this project?
2. How many leftover parts 😉

If I were a kid with a trampoline and a playhouse like that, I would never be inside.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So my new Spring tradition (now that I'm 23 days into retirement) is to wait for @zipper to come out of hibernation, go deep into his maples, see his shadow, and declare that Winter is over. Then I'm going to hook up the camper and head south to wait out the storm he's called down on us. The three pictures are:

1. my poor truck relaxing in our DC campsite after getting us out of the Syracuse storm on Thursday.
  2. my driveway today, looks like 4"-6"
  3. Cherry blossoms in DC. Nailed peak this year.
View attachment 216744

View attachment 216745

View attachment 216746
It is official @Coult45 , the Hardscrabble Woodchuck saw his shadow today.

Yesterday, we ventured out into the storm to pick up a couple of 200w solar panels that had just been swapped out from a big array. $25 bucks apiece, they had a thousand. Might find a place on the catamaran to put them and boost our solar array from 275w to 400w or more.

C1FFA72D-9159-4968-96AF-D5A2CA6ABF47.jpeg

By the time we got home it was time to hunker down and make the first pass on the road.

D91F051B-13B9-4C67-B934-5C24153C5B7B.jpeg

Today is bright sunshine.

69890ECD-9DCA-48E7-8BC4-99F239E4922A.jpeg

With a little snow now. Right around 10".

20240324_074743.jpg

Relatively good weather for the rest of sugaring season, thanks for the truckloads of snow, the Yeti's did not arrive yet, @drewkaree and then I gotta start uncovering boats in a week or two.

055006E6-0D9E-4081-8B5F-1B45BA09CB46.jpeg

Anyway, all y'all that ran South for the storm...it's over and melting already.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just left a fun run at a Sonoma vinyard. Now waiting on my first, and possibly last, sausage flight.

Attachments

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So my new Spring tradition (now that I'm 23 days into retirement) is to wait for @zipper to come out of hibernation, go deep into his maples, see his shadow, and declare that Winter is over.
1. Now that you're retired, I hate you 😉
2. Congrats on your retirement. Jerk 😆
3. Any future snowfall is officially your fault for calling out our resident Beetlejuice to make ANOTHER proclamation

@Coult45 if you just stay quiet and don't mention his name, he's old, he may forget to curse us. His internet may be knocked, out, any number of reasons we may not be jinxed. Seems like you're slipping yourself, since you no longer have to worry about work. 🤨🤔

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great way to end the weekend, walking the dog along the water with my wife. Despite all my (mostly first world) complaints, I love this life!

One more complaint, more like an observation because I didn’t want to do ll the related work anyway, We were supposed to take the Waverunners out this weekend, it was sunny and warm all week but as soon as the weekend started so did the wind and the rain. It seemed like the clouds rolled in at 5p Friday night and worked a 48 hour shift. IMG_4899.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Putting it back on
It said 25nm

View attachment 216752
FYI I only gave this post a thumbs up because I assume one of your kids was helping you do the job. Here is a pic of mine helping me install a new dishwasher at my Mom’s, his Grandmother’s house earlier this year.
IMG_0368.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A few days ago my wife and I ate a one of those places where they bring you the food premixed in a bag. It’s quick, relatively cheap and the food is delicious but I always find it interesting and a little strange when I’m “gearing up” to eat it (bib and gloves pictured).
IMG_4852.jpegIMG_4853.jpegContrast this with one my Son’s dinners this week while on spring break. They took a road trip to the Grand Canyon and camped instead of staying in a hotel.
IMG_1951.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After raining all weekend the weather looks a lot better today but the forecast for next weekend is not good for wave running. I hope this isn’t one of those boating seasons where it’s only sunny and warm during the workweek. IMG_4900.jpegIMG_4901.png

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A few days ago my wife and I ate a one of those places where they bring you the food premixed in a bag. It’s quick, relatively cheap and the food is delicious but I always find it interesting and a little strange when I’m “gearing up” to eat it (bib and gloves pictured).
View attachment 216845View attachment 216844Contrast this with one my Son’s dinners this week while on spring break. They took a road trip to the Grand Canyon and camped instead of staying in a hotel.
View attachment 216846
Coleman grill in the trunk of a car is a new one. Permanent hot dog air freshener!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thankfully it’s the grill that I bought my son and moreover it’s not being used from the trunk of his car.

I am certain that they are grilling over the car’s fuel tank. College huh? How did they survive long enough to make it into and go to college?