• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One of these is not like the others... :D

Just got back from fishing opener in Minnesota and the Yamaha did a decent job keeping up with the "real" fishing boats. All I know is when the kids were asked what boat they wanted a ride in, they always picked mine. :p

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Reposting @robert843 video of the Chicago trip which is buried in 20 pages of trip planing thread there.
@Betik’s footage is from a bridge, it looks like taken by a drone.
Thanks Robert for sharing this! it was a fun trip, I admire your video editing skills.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One of these is not like the others... :D

View attachment 94134

Just got back from fishing opener in Minnesota and the Yamaha did a decent job keeping up with the "real" fishing boats. All I know is when the kids were asked what boat they wanted a ride in, they always picked mine. :p
It seemed like a good opener across the state. Did you do any good? Welcome to the start of summer!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It seemed like a good opener across the state. Did you do any good? Welcome to the start of summer!
We did ok. Crappies were biting so we loaded up on those after not seeing or hearing of any walleye's biting. Had a few northerens caught as well. This was from the Gull lake chain where our group has at for opener a very long time so we tried all the usual spots that worked in the past this early in the yr...

Were you out too? How did you do on your lake?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was chest deep putting in docks/lifts. We are on Little Pine, North of Perham. I had two layers of neoprene on. With water temps hovering around 40, a person had to manage their exposure!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
15581471288687532123174317884110.jpg
Sitting on the dock looking at a full moon.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ahhhhh.
DABD3DB2-1F7E-407A-A1AB-606B26BFA1C4.jpeg

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Uh oh.
58529951-94E8-41F2-AD8F-D98F9FE89E17.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@swatski dolphins in Destin are very commonly seen, you can’t really get on the water there without seeing them. They’ll even approach a pontoon boat in the bay on occasion, we rent one every year we go (until now, that is lol).

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
See them all the time over in Panama City as well but I have never had them up by the boat like that. Saw one playing around and jump clean out of the water the other day. Always fun and the kids love it!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Totally amazing!
How usual/unusual are these sightings over there, if I may ask?

--
We see them here too. Not like in Destin but always a spectacular site. They love the wakes and stay very close to the boat. I have never seen them in a pack in front of the bow. That is just awesome.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
See them all the time over in Panama City as well but I have never had them up by the boat like that. Saw one playing around and jump clean out of the water the other day. Always fun and the kids love it!
We need to get down there! So far, we have only seen something like that - in picture 1 above - once in Bimini. My kids were so awe-struck they still talk about if few years later. It was @Bruce and @Rana and us, and we had a group of dolfins swimming with the kids for a good half hour.

When I lived in Boston, many moons ago, we were excited to see seals coming back into the harbor, lol. But that was in the 90s, the first time in modern history the harbor was cleaned up, and we thought it was pretty cool.

But man, those dolfins playing with a jet boat - that is out-of-this-world feeling!

--

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you ever try to feed them, like the sardines or mullet like at sea world? obliviously I wouldn't try to hand feed them like sea world but at least just to keep them around the boat for a while? my kids would be going nuts over that,

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Do you ever try to feed them, like the sardines or mullet like at sea world? obliviously I wouldn't try to hand feed them like sea world but at least just to keep them around the boat for a while? my kids would be going nuts over that,
I have not had them close enough to the boat to try. I also think it is highly frowned upon.

However, a buddy of mine had some video of a dolphin that came up to his boat and it seemed the dolphin almost expected a handout. So my guess is some folks do give them a snack or two.