• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Driving to Atlanta to help my son move into his new town townhouse. So proud...

B4B4F5ED-0D6C-42AB-96C8-870F41507086.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL, dude in the video at beginning says he's not obnoxious, but in the background you can see burnout marks that start in the garage and go all the way into the driveway, and yes, that guy is obnoxious. I had to stop watching after 1:30.....OMG. I think I've seen that same wrap in a Main Event bowling alley.
I don't think those are burnout marks, I think it's just wet pavement or otherwise marked. I've been here almost as long as he has and have never seen or heard of him doing a burnout in the garage. He takes REALLY good care of his house, and I can't see him tearing his stuff up like that. Has an older couple on one side of him that probably wouldn't tolerate that crap either.

He's honestly not bad with the cars. Aside from the initial startup of the cars he doesn't overly rev them, do burnouts, or otherwise annoy us. His personality, well, keep in mind he's a bit over the top for the videos. He's not terrible to hang out with and drink a beer.

I was SUPER happy when he dropped his wifes V6 camaro with POS loud exhaust for her Model S. She would hit the remote start at O-Dark thirty in the morning, and let it warm up in the driveway. The drone was HORRID from that car, and it pointed directly at the bedroom wall. That was obnoxious, but otherwise it's really not bad.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You don't have a donkey you can hook a cart up to ??

//////////// edited to add below ///////

Sorry, Willow just texted and advised the donkey is pushing the cart !!

at least you upgraded to a two wheel barrow

I see what you did there, lol. Ya, she has been putting that cart in front of the same jackass for 29 years and he keeps on pushing.

Edit...Time for a sabbaticle of my own.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m sure grandma and grandpa will have a great laugh with my daughter over the years remembering the day. Honestly my biggest concern was if we had to retreat further east and weren’t going to be able to get back to my truck (more storms were building behind that one) how I was going to get my truck/trailer to the east side of the bay to pull the boat out.
On my last outing two years ago one of my impellers threw a blade 35 miles from the ramp, truck and trailer. I limp moded the boat to the nearest boat ramp, 3 miles at 3 to 5 miles per hour. Set the anchor, made sure my wife was comfy and took an Uber back to my rig. Another time in high winds and swells I considered pulling into the closest marina, catching an Uber to my rig and recovering from the marina I pulled into.

Sometimes it is easy to forget that my first responsibility is the safety of my family , friends and self. The boat and everything on it (except the people) can be replaced.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On my last outing two years ago one of my impellers threw a blade 35 miles from the ramp, truck and trailer. I limp moded the boat to the nearest boat ramp, 3 miles at 3 to 5 miles per hour. Set the anchor, made sure my wife was comfy and took an Uber back to my rig. Another time in high winds and swells I considered pulling into the closest marina, catching an Uber to my rig and recovering from the marina I pulled into.

Sometimes it is easy to forget that my first responsibility is the safety of my family , friends and self. The boat and everything on it (except the people) can be replaced.
Well, out on the water, the safety of the vessel IS the safety of your family, friends and self. Always keep that in mind. Once you've got everyone safe ashore then it's a different story of course. Then it just becomes a "thing" like everything else.

Sometimes though, there are special circumstances:

My Dad once "pressed" a situation in his old Rinker to get back to the dock at our cottage. The lake was the roughest I'd ever seen it - to this day that holds true. At the dock, he had my Mom and my Aunt (not the same person 🤣 ) trying to get out of a tossing boat with rain coming down in buckets. The fact no one lost a leg between the boat and the dock was a small miracle. THEN we managed to fight it onto the shore station. That was another small miracle.

30 min later the lake was like a mirror and the sun was shining. All he had to do was wait a little and there would have been no danger.

Later, I asked my Dad why he didn't just wait it out on the other side of the lake. My Father - an ex-cop and Korean War Combat Veteran - looked me in the eye and said "Because your Mother wanted to go back to the cottage and I didn't want to argue with her."

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Waiting for our squad

20200627_091535.jpg

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Just had a dolphin jump out of the water by us. Gulf of Mexico. Destin, FL
That is awesome! Last summer, we had two dolphins jump side by side about 10 yards in front of the boat. Unfortunately my wife stopped recording video about 1 second before they jumped.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
“The Lone Cypress” tree along 17 mile drive near Pebble Beach Golf Course. Just one of many scenes along the electric bike tour my wife and I took today.
64E1A351-3133-4CBA-9AB8-FE84ED9E0109.jpeg

Attachments

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would have felt like Clark if the beautiful woman driving would have reacted the way christy Brinkley did to Chevy chase in that movie. Chevy got the hair flip, lip lick and blown a kiss. I’m pretty sure the hot woman I saw was scowling and preparing to flip me off while showing me a diamond on her ring finger worth more than the Vette she was driving. What was Clark’s son’s name?
Rusty

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Woke up to this last week Wednesday (forgive the scraped walls and work light - kitchen is Work In Progress):
1593438496950.png

A little hard to read the sign, but 25 years ago, we two loons got hitched:
1593438594836.png

I took a vacation day and we celebrated in the way that seemed obvious to us - with a ride up Highway 57 (2 lanes, through towns, just moseying along) to Green Bay. Just the two of us. We stopped in a couple parks along the Fox River just to enjoy the day. (We managed to stay just ahead of the big thunderstorm that came over our area from the southwest.)

1593438868952.png

Lunch was a couple chicken sandwiches from the Burger King drive through, but we made up for a cheap lunch by getting takeout for the whole crew from the Pasta Shoppe (in Port Washington) when we got home.

Our final stop of the day was in Menasha at the first lock on the Fox River system. We found out they only operate on weekends and holidays but it gave me a chance to stop and read all the signs and start figuring out how one goes about this (I don't want to be "that guy" holding up everyone's boating day). Based on what I see here, I'll need to get longer mooring lines. I'll probably take another run up there on a weekend to see a few boats lock through so that I understand the procedure better.

There's a foot-bridge drawbridge that crosses the river so I was able to get a boats-eye view of things.
1593439011147.png

We had a very nice day. It brought back memories of the old days of going for a drive with no rats in the back seat complaining about boredom. ;)

Here's to looking forward to the next 25 years!