• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been trying to spot (and get a picture of) a wood duck, actually in the woods, for a few years now. Finally spotted a couple this morning, about 20' up in a tree...

View attachment 219057
I have had 4 off to the right of our pier for the last 3 years, but the Nokia bar phone doesn't have anywhere near as great a camera as you have 😄

Around me, cormorants, mergansers, teal here and there, canvas backs, osprey, Pelican sonsabitches... I almost want you to visit for the pics I'll get you to take!

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have had 4 off to the right of our pier for the last 3 years, but the Nokia bar phone doesn't have anywhere near as great a camera as you have 😄

Around me, cormorants, mergansers, teal here and there, canvas backs, osprey, Pelican sonsabitches... I almost want you to visit for the pics I'll get you to take!
I spent six months back in '18 running back and forth between Menomonee and Waukesha on a project...can't believe you didn't invite me to the camp! One of my goals this summer is to get some good shots of osprey while they fish, and then of the eagles chasing them until they drop the catch.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I spent six months back in '18 running back and forth between Menomonee and Waukesha on a project...can't believe you didn't invite me to the camp! One of my goals this summer is to get some good shots of osprey while they fish, and then of the eagles chasing them until they drop the catch.
We have a lot of Osprey in our area because of this woman who lived in town on Arrowhead Mountain Lake.

Now nesting platforms are all over the north end of Arrowhead (Lamoille River) and the Sandbar wildlife management area (Lake Champlain) in town and surrounding towns. We also have Eagle Mountain on the shores of Champlain, the highest summit rising from the lake on the Vermont side. The Eagles, upon resettling in the area, started off there a few miles from Arrowhead.

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a lot of Osprey in our area because of this woman who live in town on Arrowhead Mountain Lake.

Now nesting platforms are all over the north end of Arrowhead (Lamoille River) and the Sandbar wildlife management area (Lake Champlain) in town and surrounding towns.
I recall seeing a farmer install a nesting platform, and I had no idea what it was, and I never would have guessed its ultimate use, as it's just a telephone pole in a corner of a field near an intersection, with what looks to be a 3' square piece of plywood nailed to the top of it. It took a year or two, and once there was a family of osprey that claimed it, there's been at least 1 new osprey born every year for the past 5+ years. I expect that the osprey we see around us are one of those hatchlings, and our creek seems to be a favorite spot for fishing for them. There used to be more terns that'd fish there, but they've gotten shoved further out into the lake, and there's one eagle that seems to have noticed the success of the osprey, so mebbe I catch a pic or two this summer

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I recall seeing a farmer install a nesting platform, and I had no idea what it was, and I never would have guessed its ultimate use, as it's just a telephone pole in a corner of a field near an intersection, with what looks to be a 3' square piece of plywood nailed to the top of it. It took a year or two, and once there was a family of osprey that claimed it, there's been at least 1 new osprey born every year for the past 5+ years. I expect that the osprey we see around us are one of those hatchlings, and our creek seems to be a favorite spot for fishing for them. There used to be more terns that'd fish there, but they've gotten shoved further out into the lake, and there's one eagle that seems to have noticed the success of the osprey, so mebbe I catch a pic or two this summer
i wonder what is more rare out on Lake Poygan - an eagle siting or a @drewkaree siting? Both species are majestic and awe inspiring with voracious appetites — many consider them mysterious…..

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i wonder what is more rare out on Lake Poygan - an eagle siting or a @drewkaree siting? Both species are majestic and awe inspiring with voracious appetites — many consider them mysterious…..
People often comment on how big the pecker is. I don't know if they're referring to the eagle, or if they're commenting about something I did or said. 🤪

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like a corn snake but I’ve heard if black touches red…you’re dead. I’m no expert !

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like a corn snake but I’ve heard if black touches red…you’re dead. I’m no expert !
I think that is only for telling a coral snake from a king
Red touches yellow, kill a fellow
Red touches black, friend of jack

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think that is only for telling a coral snake from a king
Red touches yellow, kill a fellow
Red touches black, friend of jack
Way before any color touches me, I'm screaming like a little girl and running in the opposite direction as fast as my fat ass can!

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sponsorwlf copy.jpg
This year Redneck Yacht Club is a featured sponsor of NEPA's biggest water event, Wally Lake Fest held August 23-25. We will have craft vendors, car/motorcycle show, boat show, a floating stage with bands, food vendors, local breweries/wineries, kids games a small carnival and adult cornhole. It will be a great weekend. There are plenty of AirBNB's, cottages, Verbo's, Hotels/Motels, cabins, Bed & Breakfasts and campgrounds to stay at and pricing is very reasonable. Come on out, it will be fun. If you need information, don't be shy send a message.

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s been like this here in my area for the past several weekends. I hope the trend of hot on the weekday and cold / raining on the weekends changes soon. View attachment 219104
We are having the same weather in NEPA, beautiful all week long and then late Friday starts to get cold and rains all weekend. Total tease.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If I had to guess, they're talking about an ozone generator to address the smell.

I use one for elimination of cigar odors from my car, and it's dead simple to operate.

Save yourself $55 (if buying the same one I have) and I think you'll enjoy having one at hand for whenever you want to freshen it up. Here's the exact one I bought:

Smells like the outdoors just after a hard rain shower. Thanks to that thing, nobody is even aware that I smoke in my car
I ran that ozone generator on Saturday for about an hour.. It smelled badly of ozone when I dropped it off at the dealer on Monday. They did the manifold and rear window and I picked it up today. I still smelled mold when I opened the door.. I took it to the car wash and I wiped down most of the interior surfaces. Gonna give it another day and maybe give it another go with the ozone generator. I'm thinking that I should pay a detailer to go through the interior and steam the carpets and headliner. It's too big of a job for my harbor freight steamer. They should be able to get the carpet under the seats.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ran that ozone generator on Saturday for about an hour.. It smelled badly of ozone when I dropped it off at the dealer on Monday. They did the manifold and rear window and I picked it up today. I still smelled mold when I opened the door.. I took it to the car wash and I wiped down most of the interior surfaces. Gonna give it another day and maybe give it another go with the ozone generator. I'm thinking that I should pay a detailer to go through the interior and steam the carpets and headliner. It's too big of a job for my harbor freight steamer. They should be able to get the carpet under the seats.
I bought a used truck whose former owner was a smoker. I used a product like the one in the link. Every two weeks I would run a can through the truck, wait a day, then take my wife for a ride. After about the fourth treatment, my wife declared the truck clean.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought a used truck whose former owner was a smoker. I used a product like the one in the link. Every two weeks I would run a can through the truck, wait a day, then take my wife for a ride. After about the fourth treatment, my wife declared the truck clean.

Thats what I was thinking. Local detailer says they ozone the car, then do the odor bomb immediately after. Maybe I just need a few treatments lol