• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have our member/member this weekend. I’m playing with a dude who’s never played in the big tournaments. He’s freakin nervous as a whore in church. We’ve played 2 practice rounds of alternate shot. It’s gonna be rough. First day is scramble 1-9, then best ball 10-18. 2nd day is alternate shot 1-9, team total 10-18.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brought her home out of storage this morning. New KYB struts all around, first time I have hooked her up since replacing them. Truck since level much better. Tows fantastic compared to before.

1714135797923.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Brought her home out of storage this morning. New KYB struts all around, first time I have hooked her up since replacing them. Truck since level much better. Tows fantastic compared to before.

View attachment 218776
Hydraulic dampers / shocks lose their performance so gradually over time it’s hard to notice until one day you hit some bumps at speed in a curve and the vehicle starts to drift. Then when you install the new ones you hear that hydraulic whine / hiss once again when going over larger bumps at slow speed that yiu stopped hearing a while ago.

Glad all the effort you put in on replacing those in less than ideal conditions is paying positive results !

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m a big fan of the band Tool and their frontman owns several vineyards and a couple of wineries in the Cottonwood AZ area. They have a tasting room in Jerome AZ and a new restaurant in Cottonwood which we visited yesterday - highly recommended.

IMG_2948.jpeg
IMG_2951.jpeg
IMG_2950.jpeg
IMG_2952.jpeg
IMG_2954.jpeg
IMG_2955.jpeg
IMG_2956.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m a big fan of the band Tool and their frontman owns several vineyards and a couple of wineries in the Cottonwood AZ area. They have a tasting room in Jerome AZ and a new restaurant in Cottonwood which we visited yesterday - highly recommended.

View attachment 218780
View attachment 218781
View attachment 218782
View attachment 218783
View attachment 218784
View attachment 218785
View attachment 218787
Not sure if you are aware, but there is a documentary out there somewhere that talks about his passion for wine and the making of this vineyard. Thought I saw it on Netflix or something years ago. I have no idea what it's called, but I remember it was very interesting.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The neighborhood gang out foraging this morning.

The horses first day out on pasture. Not liking the black flies.

7C5F3328-48CA-4A0D-B89E-BD2C4FAD4F00.jpeg

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It was parents' day out in the woods today. The mother fox is SO pregnant. Looks like she's always exhausted. Should go any day now. Pretty sure the eagle is dad, taking a break from helping in the nest that's about 1/4 mile further up the shoreline and getting ready to catch some fish to bring back to mom (and eaglets?). And the red-winged black bird was working the ladies hard, putting on a show.

1714262610878.jpeg

1714262621556.jpeg

1714262637691.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was parents' day out in the woods today. The mother fox is SO pregnant. Looks like she's always exhausted. Should go any day now. Pretty sure the eagle is dad, taking a break from helping in the nest that's about 1/4 mile further up the shoreline and getting ready to catch some fish to bring back to mom (and eaglets?). And the red-winged black bird was working the ladies hard, putting on a show.

View attachment 218873

View attachment 218874

View attachment 218875
The neighbor and I were considering trying to set up a platform for the eagles to build on, in a tree on the shoreline that had to be topped. What would you say is the height above ground of the eagle's nest, and the width? It might be fruitless, but we have at least 5-6 in the area, so we know they're nesting somewhere close.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The neighbor and I were considering trying to set up a platform for the eagles to build on, in a tree on the shoreline that had to be topped. What would you say is the height above ground of the eagle's nest, and the width? It might be fruitless, but we have at least 5-6 in the area, so we know they're nesting somewhere close.
The four nests I see most often around here are between 50' and 100' above the ground. Their nests average about six feet wide, I think. And after a few years, they get pretty heavy. Make sure you don't park anything important under that tree. If you're successful in luring a nesting eagle pair, the ground below will be "carnage" every spring. Imagine the floor under a toddler's highchair, but instead of cheerios, it's chunks of ripped up fish...lots of it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw this huge gap as I tested fitted the window frame from a 2017 240 on my 2010 242 (long story short, the driver’s side windshield shattered, it costs $1,300 at the dealership and another $500 to install, I salvaged a glass set from a 2017).

looks like I’m going to cut the 2017 top and bottom frame rails such that I will only use the forward facing glass pieces. Customized or ghetto-tized, I’m not sure but I plan to keep the 2010 parts and bite the bullet on new a new driver’s side window, just not this season. It’s not about the money, it’s about the time.IMG_5326.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I saw this huge gap as I tested fitted the window frame from a 2017 240 on my 2010 242 (long story short, the driver’s side windshield shattered, it costs $1,300 at the dealership and another $500 to install, I salvaged a glass set from a 2017).

looks like I’m going to cut the 2017 top and bottom frame rails such that I will only use the forward facing glass pieces. Customized or ghetto-tized, I’m not sure but I plan to keep the 2010 parts and bite the bullet on new a new driver’s side window, just not this season. It’s not about the money, it’s about the time.View attachment 218921
A little fiberglass work and you can fair that in. :winkingthumbsup"