• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

sizing 25" transom for San Leandro jet

Skunkdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys, first time poster, here. My 115 '96 Jet Johnson lost compression and it's time to repower. I am going to get a 150hp with jet (San Leandro, most likely), but am twisted in knots about the shaft length to get. My transom is 25", however, my old motor is 20" from the bottom of the engine bracket to where I estimate the top of the cavitation plate would be IF I had a lower unit.

I don't intend to do any welding mods, just a direct replacement.

Thanks for any help,

Skunkdog

Does the new engine have any guidance on ideal depth below the running surface?

I found the answer. When installing a San Leandro jet (outboard) to any motor, it adds about 5-6" to shaft length. Thus, my 25" transom is designed for a 20" shaft motor when using a SL pump. I could run a 25" shaft, but would have to add a 5" jackplate or weld the transom higher.

This looks like more of an inboard lake jet forum, I'm tooling around in shallow rivers out west.

Back