• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Snap-on cover vs. Mooring cover

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there a factory snap on cover for the AR192's? (2015?) I would love one. I only have the mooring cover and it scratches every time I tow it... Really would like to price one versus getting one made, if theyre available online some where.
Yep, the cockpit and bow covers are very handy. Bow cover is also great for offshore, it protects from getting swamped. It is a bit of work to mount those.
Here is my old 190, had the cockpit and bow covers (2 pieces)
upload_2018-6-13_17-23-43.png

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yep, the cockpit and bow covers are very handy. Bow cover is also great for offshore, it protects from getting swamped. It is a bit of work to mount those.
Here is my old 190, had the cockpit and bow covers (2 pieces)
View attachment 76571
That looks good! I found it on shopyamaha.com. Most likely cheaper than having one custom made, too! I'll be saving for that.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks good! I found it on shopyamaha.com. Most likely cheaper than having one custom made, too! I'll be saving for that.
Let us know how the install goes. I might be tempted to get just the bow cover for the reason swatski mentions.....plus it seems like it would keep seats from blowing out when towing......which may not actually be an issue on the 19' boats. Based upon how difficult it is to get the rear side seats into position I can't imagine they would fly out.

Hopefully the kit comes with a template for the holes to drill on the boat for the snaps. If not, you can probably use a couple layers of blue masking tape around the perimeter of the bow and cockpit and push down on the cover side snaps to make markings on where to drill. Probably put a dab of 5200 in each hole right before you screw in the snaps??

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
River Valley Sports had a few of these covers on Ebay for a discount or Make and Offer. I picked up a bow cover for our boat for a really good price. Just search by part number or description.

One tip: when putting them on, set the snaps as tight as you possibly can. The cover will stretch in no time. In fact, I was replacing a cover and was unable to snap all of them the first time. I had to snap 90% of them and let it set a day or so and stretch. Now, they all go on fairly easily.

Good luck!

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
With everything I do, I measure 47 times and cut once. I'm sure I can make this work lol

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Those are nice looking for the video showing them on a houseboat. But on our boats, they may look a little funny.

Seibert74

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
522675E2-2188-4E08-97F5-EEFE2EB5F0DB.jpeg I used to have snap on bow and cockpit covers on my last boat and did not like them. For my SX192,
I use the stock gray cover while it is on the water at the cabin and use a custom tie-down cover while trailering and winter storage.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same here... my last boat had a snap-on cover and it took a lot longer to install than my new Yamaha mooring cover. When installing, you are constantly having tug-n-snap; not too difficult, but I can put on my Yamaha mooring cover in 1/4 the time it would take to put on the snap-on cover.

-Greg

Bananas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last night I put my new Mooring cover, Looks and protects the boat so much better. But it doesn't have any instructions which I need to find out where the
pole lines go..

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you want your boat to stay bone dry a 12 x 25 tarp works great over the mooring cover . Heavy rain will let water in with just the mooring cover, this will also add to the longevity of the cover the uv rays break down the fibers

summer cover.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is the thread on my camper cover I had made for my SX230....loved it when we were living up north...extended the season, allow us to boat in the rain.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-camper-cover-photos-questions-etc.19/

And here is the thread I posted on my quick windshield creation...that worked great when we got dumped on coming back from Bimini (which is why I made it):
https://jetboaters.net/threads/242x-home-made-wind-rain-shield.17858/

All of my 242X mods are linked in my signature, and some of my 230 mods are there too.

Last edited: