• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Sometimes I really wonder what is wrong with People :(

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This car was very special to me. I bought it my senior year of high school 14 years ago and have since put probably 4-500 hours worth of work into. They took literally everything down to the custom made components, wiring, and batteries. then trashed the rest of the car. They stole about $5k worth of high end audio video equipment, some of which was the last of the wish that the Make A Wish Organization had granted me. It was stolen from a detached garage some time around 2 am and then dumped in a hotel parking lot around 6am.

I am far from perfect, but I just don't understand how people can do things like this :(

the police have basically told me that I'm f*cked and to check craigslist and local pawnshops for the electronics.

Camaro 1.jpg Camaro 2.jpg

That sucks. I hate thieves, the only thing I have ever really stolen was a few years ago some jackass got in my truck that was in the driveway and stole a GPS, my son's DVD player (he was 4 at the time) and a camera with about 1500 photos of my son and stuff in it. Of course I would have told them to keep it all just give me the SD card out of the camera if I had the chance. What makes me know the person absolutely no morals was he had to move a framed photo of my son that the daycare had made for me for Father's Day to get in the console to get the camera and DVD player.

Wow that sucks.....reminds me that I have a few more cameras I want to deploy on my surveillance system, and to also buy that hardened steel case for the DVR in its hiding place. At least I would be able to watch them leave with my stuff! :-)

I got sort of jaded to the whole car break-in scene in Chicago...ended up with a pull out HU, speakers under fake stock grills and no one touched it after that. I even had a sign for the dash in English and Spanish that said "No Stereo in this car". I had the whole rear deck of a VW Golf ripped out while I was at a movie!

SUCKS!!!

It is so hard to not be tainted by the acts of a few. Most everyone you run across is full of good and would help you in an instant, even though they have their own busy lives. It is the slime of the earth that takes for granted and steals, what many spend lifetimes to accomplish. I feel for you bro, and I am sorry for your loss. I don't know where you stand in this, but if you have had this car since then, and you want to keep it, let the insurance make you whole by replacing all the components and making it right again. If that is what you want to do. I am sorry your having to deal with the bottom tier of society. Take pride in the fact you kept it, maintained it, and enjoyed the time you had with it. Maybe it will be better than before, maybe you can move on with a new project. Either way, your disappointment doesn't fall on deaf ears.

F'ing crack heads I'm sure are to blame. That sucks. I've had 1 car broken into and a house. I can tell you the house is really bad. Makes you feel really violated that some stranger has been in your house, going through your stuff. All I can say is, maybe this is an opportunity to relive working on your HS dream car all over again. Get the cash from the insurance and start putting it back together again.

Well, that actually highlights another mistake that I have made. Since the car was rarely driven I chose to have only liability....which means that I am not covered

homeowners is not going to cover it either, stating that while it was stolen from the property they will not cover an automobile or it's contents

Thanks for the support, every bit of it is helping to bring my mood back up out of the gutter

Damn that sucks. Maybe try a crowd funding campaign. Like www.gofundme.com
You never know??? I would kick in a buck or 2

Man, sorry to hear that @woodard1983 Some people are just so hard up for cash they will do anything. I do commend you on holding on to your HS car. I wish I had kept my Mustang from those eons ago.

That f'in sucks. F'in scumbags.
So sorry for ya bro!

Sorry you've had to deal with this. I had a bunch of power tools ripped off two years ago and I'm still pissed. Never got anything back.

That's horrid!
I have had my vehicles broken into at my parents house a few times. Best to take everything out and have nothing nice up there. We had some kids stealing in the neighborhood where i am now, but after a few of us started taking late walks while carrying, well, it stopped. Weren't gonna do anything but probably scared the kids bad!

Why does it always have to happen to good people?!

That sucks man! Sorry for all the damage to that SWEET camaro!

There are no words. Very sorry to hear this. Best wishes as you move forward.

That breaks my heart for you. As a fellow "classic" car enthusiast I can only imagine the anger, frustration and sadness that your feeling.

If it's any consolation we have this kind of scum in the UK too, recently a car was stolen from outside a Pub while the chap popped in to have a quick beer with mates on the way home from a classic car show, he must of been followed. Car was never found again as it was quite rare and high in value. Can you not salvage and rebuild?

If that can happen to you in the heartland @woodard1983 it can happen to any of us. Just goes to show you..."buy it and they will come." Very sorry for your loss. I hope you're able to get some relief from somewhere.

Back