• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

South East Gathering??

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Stacey in SC @andy07sx230ho and the rest of the SE crew.....so how about a SE gathering? Andy and I met up at Lake Murray last year....we need to plan better for this year. I'll be driving to the Midwest Gathering end of July....so that weekend is out....(yes I'm nuts).

Post up your thoughts and start @ ing SE candidates!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am interested, hopefully the choosen weekend works for us.

One trip my brother-in-law and I have been talking about for a while is a ride from Lake Marion, SC (near I-95) down to Charleston. Then spend a couple of days running around Charleston and on the last day come back up the river.

I have not done the trip in years, last time we left from east/south of I-95. If I do this again I will definitely have to some new logisitics planning.

Here is a video of the Pinopolis Lock,

Kevin404

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd be up for a Raleigh gathering if schedule allows.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm definitely down if this crazy weather ever breaks.. I work every other weekend. If it falls on one of my free weekends.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If scheduling allowed, I could possibly do Raleigh or Scotts Hill.

bigwoo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just hoping for better weather this year. A meet up some where in NC,SC GA or TN sounds good. Would love to make the trip to Bimini some day .

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello All-y-alls !! I am interested. My dates consumed are Bimini 2014 end of June....My kids start school mid August, but I could ditch 'em !..High impact weekends like 4th of July are fugly to me.

I up for anything, specially trip to SC, A state I have not conquered waters in. I like the Charleston idea ALLOT! :winkingthumbsup". Can we get to the ship graveyard area ?
@Tollus mentioned Lake Keowee, SC on the trailer thread......I've bookmarked that and have put a real interest on it as an attractive future vacation spot.

As for a Raleigh gathering :thumbsup: I'd enjoy learning more on the inter-coastal area, I'm thinking @Julian is referring to the greater Wilmington area?. Does the inter-coastal there allow boats at speed, this no-wake sh*t kills me !?!:devilhorns:As a family we have been talking about doing the oceanfront of NC and little river this year. Not ideal for a gather-up due to limited area. I have not done the Wilmington area and its rivers.

(kinda looks like I found the emoticons button today)..

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wilmington is primarily no wake around the Bridge to Wrightsville beach. We've done this trip twice now. Put in at Scotts Hill Marina, cruise down to the bridge and beyond, anchor up on an island and hang out. Then back through the bridge area, stop for lunch at Blue Water, then cruise north and hang out at a sand bar.

We've also gone up the Cape Fear up to the Battleship North Carolina, had lunch there on the river, and back.

These are photos from Near Scotts Hill Marina on a sandbar
https://www.facebook.com/julianm1/media_set?set=a.3867637261125.154621.1584386227&type=3

Disappearing island near Scotts Hill (Rich Inlet)
image.jpg
Battleship North Carolina
image.jpg

Cranes on the Cape Fear:
image.jpg

Kevin404

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any if the Raleigh (non-coastal) folks interested in an Inter-coastal meeting?
I'd have to pass. I try to see family when I travel; I have family in Raleigh area so would meet up there if dates work out. Otherwise I'd meet up in north Georgia / somewhere more local to me.

Selfish suggestion = meetup @ Lake Lanier for the Pirate Poker Run - July 17-20. The usual course of events is
- Thursday is when most out of towners come in and get their boats wet
- Friday there is a raft up on the lake during the day and a mandatory captains party at night at Holiday Marina
- Saturday is the actual poker run with card stops open in the morning, cigarette boat launch from the south end dam to run the lake north in late morning, and Saturday night is the after party at Sunset Cove with music, prizes, and fireworks.
- Sunday is go home day

http://piratesoflanierpokerrun.com/index.php

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guys,
Would love to do something, however... other than the Bimini trip that I was able to set up, our summer is on hold. I have 1 daughter in college that will be working all summer full time, and my 2nd starts at UNC in the fall. With all the college stuff and work stuff for the girls, who know s what we will do as a family this year (same as last summer for us). We will be doing lots of weekends. If something works out, I will push hard to get involved. I would love to go to the coast with the boat, but we'll have to wait and see...

OK, so there's the long story. Short story... set something up and if I can do it, I will.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in the Morehead City/Beaufort NC area as I am typing this, scoping out the public docks and restaurants for some our boating endeavors this summer........warm weather can't get here soon enough.

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello All-y-alls !! I am interested. My dates consumed are Bimini 2014 end of June....My kids start school mid August, but I could ditch 'em !..High impact weekends like 4th of July are fugly to me.

I up for anything, specially trip to SC, A state I have not conquered waters in. I like the Charleston idea ALLOT! :winkingthumbsup". Can we get to the ship graveyard area ?
@Tollus mentioned Lake Keowee, SC on the trailer thread......I've bookmarked that and have put a real interest on it as an attractive future vacation spot.

As for a Raleigh gathering :thumbsup: I'd enjoy learning more on the inter-coastal area, I'm thinking @Julian is referring to the greater Wilmington area?. Does the inter-coastal there allow boats at speed, this no-wake sh*t kills me !?!:devilhorns:As a family we have been talking about doing the oceanfront of NC and little river this year. Not ideal for a gather-up due to limited area. I have not done the Wilmington area and its rivers.

(kinda looks like I found the emoticons button today)..
Lake Keowee is an awesome lake. Very deep and very clear. I can float with my feet straight down, look down and see them clearly. Maybe that's more common than I'm aware, but Lake Anna and the Potomac have about a 12inch visibility....lol. I can watch a prop boat pull off and see the prop spin up....it's pretty cool. Up in the mountains too, in fact, my avatar is from a picture I took there.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Guys,
Would love to do something, however... other than the Bimini trip that I was able to set up, our summer is on hold. I have 1 daughter in college that will be working all summer full time, and my 2nd starts at UNC in the fall. With all the college stuff and work stuff for the girls, who know s what we will do as a family this year (same as last summer for us). We will be doing lots of weekends. If something works out, I will push hard to get involved. I would love to go to the coast with the boat, but we'll have to wait and see...

OK, so there's the long story. Short story... set something up and if I can do it, I will.

I'm assuming this is a weekend thingie. My spouse doesn't have the vacation balance for anything substantial. We could arrive on a friday night, head back sunday kind of deal

Our July 12th is open !

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
July 12th weekend works for us too.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I'm still freaking boatless but if I had one I would love to meet up sometime. I would say a boat is pretty important!

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We would be interested. We have many things going on so once there is a date and a place I can figure out how and if we can make it. I know Savannah Ga. has a lot of fun things to do. It has been years for me now but there are several nice islands (both in SC and GA) near the coast to visit. Some are wildlife refuges. Lots if large intercostal rivers and you can ride up past Riverfront to the docks if so inclined.