• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

South East Gathering??

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm always trying to see some new water! I'm not sure what all is on my summer calendar yet, other than Memorial Day weekend @ Jordan Lake, July 4th week @ Jordan Lake, and Labor Day weekend @ Lake Summersville WV. We usually end up at Lake Norman sometime in July to visit friends. I have also had a couple of folks talk up Lake Jocassee. Kerr Lake, Lake Gaston, and Smith Mountain Lake are on my short list of places to visit (hopefully this summer). I visit a field office in Leland fairly often and would love to check out the ICW and Cape Fear River in the Wilmington area. Please forgive me if I can't commit to specific dates at this time, but between swim team, Girl Scout Camps, etc. I'm just not sure right now.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will pencil in July 12 and keep an eye on things. It would be great to drop the hook as a crowd as we have done in the past.

PedalPirate

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would love to make it. However, I have to stay within an hour of Emerald Isle. I don't think I can make it back in time should I need to. If anyone plans on hanging around Emerald Isle, let me know and I'll be there.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ill be near Emerald Isle almost every weekend......

PedalPirate

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ill be near Emerald Isle almost every weekend......
I think we had this discussion on that other website. I try to be out every weekend at either bottle tree or the sand bar to the east of there. Keep on eye out for the black SX "Bay Wolf"! We're currently building a new home in Stella, putting me less then an 1/8 of a mile from the boat launch at the post office there. Can't wait to use that one instead of the Carteret County ramp that's always packed. Not only that, I'll have a 20 minute boat ride to the beach instead of a 5 minute one. What can I say, I like to drive my boat!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have never launched the Yamaha from Stella, but have taken my dad's fishing boat there for some trout fishing. Where is "bottle tree"? And you're only an eighth mile from the launch......does that mean you are building in River Watch?

Last edited:

PedalPirate

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have never launched the Yamaha from Stella, but have taken my dad's fishing boat there for some trout fishing. Where is "bottle tree"? And you're only an eighth mile from the launch......does that mean you are building in River Watch?
Yes, we're building in River Watch. Set to close on June 1st, and that date isn't looking so good with all the weather delays. Hope we don't end up being homeless for a couple months...
Bottle Tree is on the north side of coast guard island. Heading south to the coast guard station turn hard, heading west at day board #5. There used to be a tree decorated with different colored bottles out there until the city annexed that island into city property last year. Once they did that, they removed the tree, but the locals still call it bottle tree.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty sure I know where you're talking about. What contactor is building your house? We own a sod farm and I have delivered to some of the houses out there, but its been a while

PedalPirate

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pretty sure I know where you're talking about. What contactor is building your house? We own a sod farm and I have delivered to some of the houses out there, but its been a while
Well if the contractor ever gets their stuff together, it will be American Homesmith building it. I've been battling them all day on a date for completion....

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
BUMP.. July 12 is right around the corner if this is still a targeted date.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
BUMP.. July 12 is right around the corner if this is still a targeted date.
If it is I am now unfortunately out. Daughter needs us to come to Charleston and do some projects around her house for the new grand baby.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't have an issue with changing this date or moving it out. I wouldn't mind a few weekend kicking back until I set up another trip......

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:winkingthumbsup" Coast of NC seems like a hot spot lately.....although the 12th may be hard to throw something together. Probably a good idea to put it off just a bit.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ill double check those dates. Anyone else?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Weekend of August 23rd could work for us but not labor day weekend.