• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

South East Gathering??

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Weekend of August 23rd could work for us but not labor day weekend.
the 16th we are booked , Aug 2/3 is booked, and I like to stay local on labor day.

The 23rd is open for us !

in other news: we are also considering a day in Beaufort in the near future

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Im thinking I'd like to stay local on Labor Day as well. Still looking at Aug. 23rd. So far it looks promising. @justason .....you'll love Beaufort. Seeing the wild horses on Shackleford banks and the Cape Lookout lighthouse make for a memorable day. We are looking to do it it the very near future again.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like the 23rd may work for some. I was thinking of staying Fri and Sat night at the Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center. It has tons of parking out front and it pretty close to the Scotts Hill Ramp (nothing is VERY close). We'd arrive Fri evening, boat all day saturday on the IC and then go out for 1/2 day Sunday and head back home.

We love to do this trip....so I think I'm pretty set on getting down there that weekend.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Im thinking I'd like to stay local on Labor Day as well. Still looking at Aug. 23rd. So far it looks promising. @justason .....you'll love Beaufort. Seeing the wild horses on Shackleford banks and the Cape Lookout lighthouse make for a memorable day. We are looking to do it it the very near future again.
Thanks, My son and I did it over a 3 day weekend on our Waverunner two years back....we enjoyed it very much and learned the threats at a lesser risk...we sat in a pod of dolphins, saw a couple sea turtles, and of course the horses.....Ate seafood like warriors too !

We stayed at a "interesting" place on Harkers island. I'd like to stay at a more wife/daughter friendly location this year, haven't researched it yet....(comments welcome)

I should be able to nail a date after this weekend for Beaufort....19th or 26th July would probably be the soonest......

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sounds like the 23rd may work for some. I was thinking of staying Fri and Sat night at the Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center. It has tons of parking out front and it pretty close to the Scotts Hill Ramp (nothing is VERY close). We'd arrive Fri evening, boat all day saturday on the IC and then go out for 1/2 day Sunday and head back home.

We love to do this trip....so I think I'm pretty set on getting down there that weekend.

I'll support Wilmington on August 23rd. My comments above (july 19/26) on Beaufort don't mean to hijack this thread, just an offshoot I'm looking to do ....(Open door policy)...as the leaves turn we hope to try little river and some spinner shark fishing

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice to finally see @PedalPirate on the water today. Great looking 240 you have. I spent the last three days on the water and am completely beat. The couch feels extra good right now. I apologize.....I am terrible with names and have forgotten yours. Remind me for when I see you next time.

Jason

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
23rd wouldn't work for me, but I'll keep watching just incase anything changes, would totally be down for something like this otherwise.