• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stand up desks anyone?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We had this discussion at work about stand up desks because my cousin suffers from back issues. My desk is OK, but with the move to the new home, we could maybe update it with something else. I do sit a lot in front of the computer, say like 3 hours at a time playing games and such, but I was wondering if anyone uses a stand up desk, and where to get a nice one?
There is a lot of research going into standing vs sitting for computer usage and stuff, and it all points to getting a stand up, but I can't find anything nice, and I don't know how that works for 3 hours at a time kinda stuff.
Let me know what YOU guys think or what your experience has been.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Speedling have you looked at the convertible options? You can have the best of both worlds that way. Stand when you want, sit when you want. Some people have them at work.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have 3 employees that swear by their stand up desks! One has gone to all stand up, and the other two have moveable ones and they spend most of their time in the standing position....in fact, now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing them in the low position for ages!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Any links to some nice ones? Seems when i search i just find things that go on top of a regular desk

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife works from home,and she wanted to try a stand up desk. We found one at a used office furniture store for $150. It is mechanical and basically uses a garage door spring in the base, had to increase the tension to lift all her stuff, but it was simple to adjust.

Bought from
Affordable office interiors
365 E North Ave
Carol Stream, IL 60188
630-665-3063

Baker Manufacturing (info on desk)(they have a website)
item SRTA

I know Villa park office supply. also sells some adjustable desks, from when we were looking

She loves it and switches from standing and sitting several times through out the day. Depends on her day, some she sits more, some she stands more.

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got one for my home office a few weeks ago. I bought the 48" heavy duty crank adjustable from www.standupdeskstore.com. I really like it. I find that my neck and back hurt less if I stand.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I draped a board across my treadmill since my treadmill had rails on each side. I wanted to try out taking conference calls and participate in live meetings mainly since this setup would not work great for doing any real work on my PC.

I saw this on YouTube last week and it really made me think about the need to spend less time sitting:

It looks like you are hearing back on some great options. Good luck

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was in a customer's office a couple weeks ago. He has a stand up desk (I know) and a very low speed treadmill (I think) under it. Looked like a pretty slick setup.

I did not catch the manufacturer's name...but I could call him and get it if anyone is interested.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
322573_10150765856155215_1527022_o.jpg I have a treadmill desk that I work at. When I got my Macbook Air I could no longer use 2 monitors so I used it a lot less. I have a new Thinkpad coming this month so hopefully that gets me back into it.

285838_10150741131500215_2046946_o.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well, i am homeless right now but as soon as i have a home i hope to set this up on my current desk and figure it out for testing.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When my office moved to our new building last May we received desks that can be moved up and down. For me, it has been great. I stand at least half of the day and feel a big difference, especially in my legs. They do not get stiff like before and feel a lot more alert. Thinking about getting one for my home office in the near future.