• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swapping out seat post

bgood188

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I'm looking to swap out my seat post. My captain seat is just too low and want to raise it. I assume based on the parts catalog I need to find the base and post that match the bolt pattern. Couple questions?

1) Has anyone does this? Cant be that hard pull the seat off and remove the base bolts.
2) is the base bolt pattern a standard or is yamaha different forcing me to look at only yamaha?
3) I assume the base bolts are threaded into the floor. Meaning no nuts on the bottom

Below is a pic of the base and post.

Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 8.32.10 AM.png

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@wakeformer did his this winter. I sat in it on Sunday and it is awesome. Hopefully he will stop by with some advice.

wakeformer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you buy the Garlick post the holes line up with the factory ones. The boat actually comes with the threaded sleeves so removal and reinstall in really easy. Make sure you put lock tight on the bolts going back in and use a number 3 Phillips to remove them. With the garlick I can see over the windshield with out using my bolster which makes for a more comfortable ride. I have my post up all the way and I have read that it interferes with your reverse but I have not seen that happen the one time I was out with it.

bgood188

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
@wakeformer Which Garlick Post did you go with? Based on your response it sounds like you just replaced the post and did not replace the base. So, you pulled the seat and replaced the post?

Thanks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I installed the Garelick pedestal. The most recent part# is the GAR-75635. Install was easy. Yes, the bolts are embedded in the floor. No need from my perspective to use thread lock. The seat doesn't raise and lower very easily, but the pneumatic version is $1800 so I deal with it (I rarely move mine- set it higher and use the bolster when I need even more height).

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the Garelick manual adjust but I'm not happy with it. I think there is an error in Julian's price of $1800. I've found the Garelick for $140. The manual adjust pedestal I have can't be raised or lowered while sitting on the seat. I have to get down on the floor and use two hands to do it. So consequently it always stays in the higher position so I can see over the windshield.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the Garelick manual adjust but I'm not happy with it. I think there is an error in Julian's price of $1800. I've found the Garelick for $140. The manual adjust pedestal I have can't be raised or lowered while sitting on the seat. I have to get down on the floor and use two hands to do it. So consequently it always stays in the higher position so I can see over the windshield.
The $1800 is for the pneumatic version, your price for the manual "pin position" version is correct, and I agree, it is not optimal, but when compared with $1800....I'll deal with it, and it is better than not being able to adjust it at all. For me it is a set once and leave it alone seat.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well my price was off. The pin position model is what I have and I'm very unhappy with it.

I'm talking about the gas rise 75636 or 75637 models http://garelick.com/productsearch.php?pnumber=75637&subid=EB03 which can be found for around $250 but sometimes is available under $200. That's what I've got my eye on.

http://www.iboats.com/12-15-Adjustable-Low-Seat-Pedestal-Garelick/dm/view_id.713706?cm_mmc=Google_Main-_-Mall Product Listings:Google-_- :Mall Product Listings:Google-_-Garelick&gclid=CMPzpd_Ghr4CFYqFfgody2sAuA

By the way I agree with comments about installation. If the bold pattern is right it only takes about 20 minutes to do the easy install.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I must confess I didn't look up the pneumatic version myself, I took another's word on it....
Well Julian were all here to help each other -and we've just been helped.

John

tracerrx

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I ordered a Springfield Mainstay Power Rise Pedestal with Seat Mount, holes lined up perfectly and I love it! Cost was $159.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tracerrx

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You can order one Here. And here is a pic of both captains and passenger pedestals. I moved the original captains pedestal to the passenger side, raised the seat just enough that it's perfect on both sides now!
Captains_Pedestal.JPG Passenger_Pedestal.JPG

bgood188

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for the help. I ordered the 75635 manual version. Hopefully I'm capable of taking out 6 screws and putting them back in :)

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ordered a Springfield Mainstay Power Rise Pedestal with Seat Mount, holes lined up perfectly and I love it! Cost was $159.
That's a great recommendation tracerrx. First it isn't a Garelick. After my experience with Garelick I'm ready to move to a different manufacturer. Not only do I have to get on the floor to reposition the Garelick with both hands, but the lock pin bracket detached soon after I installed it. I've just never been happy with it.

I think I'll place an order for the Springfield but I can't find it for the $159 price you paid. I'll keep looking. The link you provided leads to one for $171.06 tonight. Still a good price but $159 is better!

Thanks for the photos.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can order one Here. And here is a pic of both captains and passenger pedestals. I moved the original captains pedestal to the passenger side, raised the seat just enough that it's perfect on both sides now!
View attachment 4912 View attachment 4913
One question tracerrx.

Does the swivel have a lock so the seat won't swivel unless I want it to? I'm almost ready to order but the specs don't spell out that one feature.

Thanks,
John

bgood188

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for the help. I ordered the 75635 manual version. Hopefully I'm capable of taking out 6 screws and putting them back in :)
Well not as easy as I thought. The Garelick 75635 comes with a 9.25 base not a 9 inch base. UGH...... Sending back and ordered the Mainstay power rise which states a 9 inch base. Garelick does not show base size.