• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Switch Box

• Thread starter Thread starter No_Longer_Active_User
  • Start date Start date
N

No_Longer_Active_User

Ok so here's the update on my 2001 Tango....it's been in the shop for 3 weeks and the mechanic told me today he's waiting on parts..... He said the 'SWITCH BOX' is bad and 2 cylinders r shot as well.....I was too scared to ask how much this was gonna set me back as I just purchased the boat 6 weeks ago and have only been out twice on it......My Luck :(

Good find @farrelltravis ! If that info is correct it sounds like that motor is very similar to the outboards which means any Mercury outboard mechanic/dealer should be able to work on that no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
@farrelltravis no updates until next week I'm afraid....still waiting on the parts to come in.....can't wait to get back on the water!!!

I hope they get you fixed up shortly!

Picked up the boat today....switch box replaced and one other thing having to do with the switch box... (Can't remember what he called it and can't read his writing on the bill) lol.....also re glued the magnets too (?)..... When everything is said and done.....I was charged for two parts and 8 hours of Labor for a whopping total of $1321.00. OUCH....the worst part of this whole ordeal is that I just bought the boat and only had it in the water twice!

Picked up boat Thursday night... Took it out today for a little test run and fishing, all is good so far with running it......one thing I noticed is all the panel instruments (bilge pump, fan, horn etc) are not working....they were fine before taking it to the mechanic .... I did call him but he said he didn't have anything to do with those things and told me to check the fuses......where is the fuse box on the SS TANGO?? @farrelltravis @Gym

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
Not sure where your circuit reset buttons are but if they are all out, I would check to make sure all of the wires are hooked up at the battery. That goes for both, the positive and negative wires.

I agree with @Murf'n'surf . If they all went out, something else is probably going on. I believe that the switch resets are underneath the helm. They should be all together in a black box facing down.

But, if they all went out, chances are it is not a fuse that went out on each and every one of those. I would definitely check the battery connections.

Glad you got the boat back! Geez, that bill is large!

Back