• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX192 Move Cruise Assist To Throttle

Joe Covelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2013 SX192
Relocating The No-Wake Mode/Cruise Assist Switch
From The Dash To The Throttle Handle
If you are like me, you find the factory location of the CAS, (cruise assist switch) to be in an inconvenient location. For me the logical spot would be to put it on the throttle handle, like the trim/tilt buttons used by the outboard boats. After noticing that the SX192 throttle handle looked identical to a friend's Yamaha outboard throttle assembly, except for color, the research started. In short I was able to order the exact fit Yamaha parts, and make the change over to the throttle. After testing it out it we found it to be an ideal location, so much so that we removed the CAS from the dash, filling that hole with a 12vdc convenience receptacle. The cost was about $70 , and a half days work, but worth every penny.

This is what the throttle looks like.P1010563.JPG

The round connectors on the end of the throttle cable will need to be cut off so flat spade connectors can be crimped on, matching the boats wiring harness.

Parts needed for conversion were purchased at (partzilla.com), just search the part numbers shown below.

P1010560.JPG

Routing of cable through the shift assy. I also did the throttle drop modification that someone had put in the "Member tips & ideas" section. That is the yellow nylon crimp sleeve pushed & glued at the lower center of the picture. It solved the problem of the throttle slipping backwards.
P1010565.JPG

A hole was cut in the plastic cover to allow the switch cable to enter the shift housing.

P1010568.JPG

The next three pics show how to route the cable before installing the shift handle.

P1010573.JPG

P1010574.JPG

P1010575.JPG

The original switch with the new cable draped to the left of it. Before the ends were cut off the new cable.

P1010576.JPG

The connections made to the wiring harness.
P1010577.JPG

A look at the dash.
P1010589.JPG
This is my first post, and I hope it comes out correctly. Good luck if you try it out.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool !!! Good idea !!!!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Joe Covelli. Nice idea. I'll bet this could also be done on the larger boats.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW @Joe Covelli I think you should win some kind of award for best first post. I don't have cruise assist, but I like what you did there. I'm sure other guys will appreciate and copy that one. Great job.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard. Glad you found us.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you get the award for best first post. Outstanding idea.

Now I gotta figure out if that would fit mine...

Thanks for the post!

Joe Covelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW @Joe Covelli I think you should win some kind of award for best first post. I don't have cruise assist, but I like what you did there. I'm sure other guys will appreciate and copy that one. Great job.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard. Glad you found us.
Thanks for the positive reply, you must drive a Yamaha Boat.
Joe C.

Joe Covelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Joe Covelli fantastic first post! Not many first posts get added to the FAQ!!! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the positive reply. This is the first forum I have ever joined. I've been reading it for almost a year, and it has been a fountain of information. It may take me a while but I plan on making a few more "Idea" posts. The only thing holding me back is having the time, and poor typing skills.

Thanks again, Joe C.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard Joe C!

What a fantastic idea! Clean, simple and incredibly useful all at once. I wouldn't be surprised if Mother Yamaha doesn't incorporate it in the next year or two as well. Good stuff!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Joe! Nice work and thanks for sharing it with us!

I'll throw in with the "best first post ever" crowd!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now for the dual throttle guys maybe we can put the No-Wake Mode/Cruise Assist Switch on the left throttle and mini guns on the right throttle. :winkingthumbsup"

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Talk about an impressive first post! Nice job!!!

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
NICE.

I can NOT wait until my 10 hour service to get the throttle drop fixed...

riderP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW! What a good idea and great write-up! I think this will be one of my next projects.

Joe Covelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the WOW! We've been using this throttle mounted cruise assist all season, and have been very happy with it.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nicely done!