• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Taco Quick Release Fender Lock

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
https://www.overtons.com/product/details?i=320775

I have a 2018 242 Limited SE and was considering to install these. Anyone have experience with this? It looks like you need access to the back side of the hull, not sure how to get to the back side of the rear locations. I'm looking to mount one in front of the windshield and the other just behind the tower. Any input or other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I looked into this and found the Big Sky Phender Pro to be a much nicer product and they have an install process/tool that allows you to not need to access back of hull.

http://bigskyprecision.com/PhenderPro.php

I didn’t install because at the time Overtons didn’t have them in stock.

I wanted the 1/2” and what is cool is they have a RAM mount pin so you can mount anything. I was going to get 6 (3 per side on top rails for fender locations or a place to mount my grill or GoPro on a RAM.

I did talk to sales rep about a JB group buy with JB logo. We need qty 50 or more for dealer pricing (retail below) and it’s $250 one-time for custom logo.

BSPA-1002 ½” Phender Pro Pin $48.27 each USD

BSPA-1006 ½” Marine Retrofit Receiver $37.25 each USD

BSPA-1043 ½” Retrofit Tool $21.42 each USD (reusable)

BSPA-1852 ½” Universal Mount

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the input, I'll probably go with the Phender Pro due to the apparent easier install. The Taco locks are much less expensive (especially with an Overtons coupon code), but I'm afraid install may prove to be difficult.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm looking to mount one in front of the windshield and the other just behind the tower. Any input or other suggestions would be appreciated.
Both those locations are accessible fairly easily (the stern point will depend on how far back you want to put them. There is a spot that would be at the very back of the underseat storage area that would be a pain, but if you go just a little further back, you end up in the wet storage behind the seat...which is again...accessible.

For fenders, I use the normal mid cleat, and then hang one from the tower using a Danik hook like this one. They are very versatile, easy to use, and have multiple uses. To attach to the tower, you simply put the hook through the tower and then clip it back to the line. Then use the adjustment to get the right height. Can also be used on pretty much anything to hang a fender.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the TACO locks. Access is easy if you are small (or have access to a small person. My wife was able to get her arm up inside the hull to tighten the nut.

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the TACO locks. Access is easy if you are small (or have access to a small person. My wife was able to get her arm up inside the hull to tighten the nut.
Thanks, I’ll have to take a closer look at that.