• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

talk to me about the TR-1 powered 210's

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
since around 2014 ive been eyeballing YJB's actually regret looking into them to begin with. It may be the time. Wife and I are still working... life isnt simple right now. Maybe more leisure will help. My wife is ctually more interested than me....so this is reward to her mostly, since she works so much....

talked MANY times about going to a 210/212 series. thought I might prefer the 180's. Looked at the St Lou boat show somewhat decided on the 212's....

Then...Saw an ad for sx210 for $36,999 today. I'm motivated. Didn't want bigger payments, but i'm sorta in the mode of "Screw it" lol Our credits still not great from a medical debacle awhile back, but income is back to normal... Have cash to put down, but, how hopeful should one be? :) i definitely dont need a 20 year loan as theyre advertised lol thats crazy.

anyways. specific questions:

TR-1's in a twin... how are they? performance will be a big step... but will i be angry on how loud (high revving) they are vs my I-O 3.0?

measurement question: how WIDE is that upper deck, like right at the seat cushion? asking, because the roll up mat is a big part of our days on the lake....

inland midwest lake and Miss river.. Ive seen jets. but not many. I do have concerns about debris... but. I do anyways... you know, smacking into the drive and prop.. lol

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No real info on the TR-1's, however I can comment on the move from that particular I/O to a jet.

I moved from a Mercruiser 3.0L with I/O drive in my '98 Rinker to a Yamaha 1.8L with jet drive in my '17 AR190.

The noise is different. The 1.8 pitch is odd, and much higher than the 3.0. The 3.0 was lower tone and sounded more like a "traditional boat". The jet sounds much higher and "buzzier" in tone. Its about the same loudness or volume overall from both. We can't carry a conversation on plane in either boat without elevated (yelling) voice levels.

It's not bad, just different. Get a test drive if you're concerned.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Definitely get a ride in any boat before you buy it! Would you buy a car without driving it? No!

The primary difference people will see in the motors in each is when you get into board sports and what the Maximum pull from your boat....this is especially important if you have heavier riders.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW.

Ok, so i finally got around to calling around line up a test drive, check em out at Surdyke while we're in the ozarks next week...

NOBODY has them! River Valley marine up in MN said August MAYBE. but not sure on color.

crazy.... the ads I was looking at that was only in May! and now theyre 11 boats backordered.....

so, this was a goose chase lol ill try again in the fall.