• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Talking about a death wish...

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
New Episode of Miami Boat Ramps and there is a girl at 4:36 sitting on the back of a running Yamaha Jet Boat. How can some captains be so Irresponsible. No one should be back there under any circumstances when the engine is running.

New Episode of Miami Boat Ramps and there is a girl at 4:36 sitting on the back of a running Yamaha Jet Boat. How can some captains be so Irresponsible. No one should be back there under any circumstances when the engine is running.
I have to hope that these captains are simply ignorant of the risks vs intentionally putting people at risk. This is why I just wrote a "basics of boating" post for new boaters.

Many people have gone on flame wars on facebook about this. They will defend their decision to sit back there with all sorts of excuses. Sadly, not just plain ignorance.
In Defense?! That is insane.

In Defense?! That is insane.
Not to cross the streams, but the rationalization is very similar to that other controversial topic in our world today.
- I've always done it and nothing has happened
- I understand the risk, it is minimal, so I'm an adult making a decision
- The danger is not real.

... and so on.

Not to cross the streams, but the rationalization is very similar to that other controversial topic in our world today.
- I've always done it and nothing has happened
- I understand the risk, it is minimal, so I'm an adult making a decision
- The danger is not real.

... and so on.
1630606903933.png

Which part was the death wish? The putting limbs between boat and dock, the wrapping of line around your hand, the kid with the rope who is clueless, the guy at the helm who was struggling, the girl on the back sucking in the CO, clowns trying to bear hug dock, or the dummies swimming at the ramp? :eek:
These videos make my blood pressure go up. Whenever I think my local ramps are bad I see this mess in Florida and think the people around here are pros by comparison.

With all the new folks getting into boating I sincerely hope that they are taking some kind of boating course. I know there is no replacement for time on the water but it would give them something to go by. Disclaimer: yes there are people that have been boating for years that still have no clue.

Last edited:
1C60B1A1-0386-4185-8912-B962637A1114.png

well well well we are back at it again with talkin about a deathwish!

The sad things is people see these pics and video's of this poor choice behavior and think that it is cool to do it and don't understand the possible ramifications.

The sad things is people see these pics and video's of this poor choice behavior and think that it is cool to do it and don't understand the possible ramifications.
I commented just to ensure they were aware and their response was “Its a jet boat!”
C8025844-EB71-4056-A88E-7A06922ADB4D.jpeg
eVeRy OnE kNoWs ItS sAfE tO rIdE oN tHe TrAnSoM oF a JeTbOaT uNdErWaY!

Hey, regarding protecting the boat with body parts ...limbs grow back and heal, but gel coat scratches are forever. Thank you for your sacrifice.
On CO, If people sniff canned duster air, how do you get them off the back of the platform? Oxygen replacement therapy.

You can laugh or cry. Darwin catches up.

Back